Welcome to PatsFans.com

Geraldine Ferraro Died Today

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by shirtsleeve, Mar 26, 2011.

1. shirtsleeve

shirtsleeve Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

2. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +321 / 4 / -2

RIP Geraldine. I always enjoyed listening to her on TV. She seemed very cordial and down to earth. She didn't come across as one of those talking point, bleeding heart propogandists we constantly see these days. Todays politicians could learn a lot from her. RIP.
  3. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

I wasn't aware of all her accomplishments (started special victims, NY) until I read some columns today. Today's woman politicians should all say a special thanks to this person. RIP Geraldine.
  4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +378 / 1 / -9

A good person, a good politician, most of those rat bastards in washington wern't fit to carry her dirty laundry, Pelosi wasn't fit to sit in the same room with her.
    The liberals wer'nt to happy with her during the Obama Hillary battle for the nomination but I won't go into that now.
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2011
  5. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

We didn't agree on a whole lotta politics, but she was a pioneer and a very classy and admirable politician. That in itself says alot. RIP Geraldine.
  6. Titus Pullo

Titus Pullo Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Too late. You already crapped on the thread, per usual.
  7. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +199 / 7 / -24

She broke the glass ceiling of the "good old boy politics" of DC... very nice woman, perhaps too nice.
  8. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +133 / 7 / -13

RIP condolences for the family is it a sad event we all experience and can relate to.
  9. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +378 / 1 / -9

In a letter to Clinton, first reported by CNN, Ferraro says: "Dear Hillary, I am stepping down from your finance committee so I can speak for myself and you can continue to speak for yourself about what's at stake in this campaign. The Obama campaign is attacking me to hurt you. I won't let that happen. Thank you for everything you've done and continue to do to make this a better world for my children and grandchildren. You have my deep admiration and respect, Gerry."

FREEDOM EDEN: Geraldine Ferraro and Obama

Rest In Peace Mrs Ferraro you were the only one with the courage to "tell it like it is" if you had in the future ran for President you would have gotten my vote.
    Harry
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2011
  10. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Although I think women are strange and mysterious, but I also think there should be more of them in politics. Because men seem to have a lot of trouble with running governments and staying out of trouble (both politically and in general) I think the ladies deserve a shot. They have to stop trying to behave like male politicians, though. They need to be smart and honest like most women I know- like Ferraro was.