Welcome to PatsFans.com

Georgia Congressman assaults Capitol Police Officer

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by milwaukeebeers44, Mar 31, 2006.

1. milwaukeebeers44

milwaukeebeers44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

2. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Isn't that the same cow who was *****in a few years ago about "Hurricane names" were not African American sounding enough? You know...like "hurricane Sheniquwa"
  3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +534 / 2 / -9

Everybody that comes in contact with her says she is the Rudest, Beliggerant, Nasty B!tch they have ever met in their life, most people out there try their best to avoid her.

I could say other things but the politically correct whiners would be all over me and calling for my banishment. (you know what I mean)?
  4. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Unfortunatly, i do.
  5. milwaukeebeers44

milwaukeebeers44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

No, that's Sheila Jackson Lee from TX, but they're out of the same mold.

McKinney is going to turn this into a race thing, one way or the other. Because we all know that the police officer that got in her way just happened to be white (and also happened to be doing his job).

The statement on her website was tempered from the one she initially issued, which was arrogant and full of hate.
  6. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +534 / 2 / -9

The "White Skank" Nancy Pelosi says "this is no big deal", I wonder what Nancy would say if White Barbara Bush did it.

YOU CAN BET SHE WILL TURN IT "RACIAL" IF SHE DOESN'T MAXINE WATERS WILL, OR EVEN "POLITICALLY CORRECT LIBERAL PELOSI", I know the Cop was white, I wonder if he was a Republican?
  7. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +183 / 4 / -6

How do I know that you are not turning it into a race thing? Have you seen a comment by McKinney (and not just one of her more extreme supporters, which every congressperson has) doing just that? The only comment I saw by her was an apology. What has prompted you to take sides in the "conflicting reports" about what happened? Are other Congresspeople routinely stopped by mistake or, for some reason, was McKinney singled out?

Why is it when McKinney does something, the righties flock to it, but when they used the capitol police to try to evict a Democrat from a committee anteroom

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2003/07/19/MN292730.DTL

there was nary a whisper?

Not saying that McKinney is innocent; I'm just saying that the righties are the ones who are playing the race card. Now stop it.
  8. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Expect Jesse JAckson, Al Sharpton, and Spike Lee to run to her defense. I could almost put money on it.
  9. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +264 / 10 / -26

How come when DeLay is accused of a crime all the righties want him to have due process and the whole thing is political?? But noone raises the issues of an alleged crime and the possibility of politics here?? I thought in this country there was a presumption of innocence until proven guilty.
  10. Patters

Ratings:
    +183 / 4 / -6

Why are you playing the race card and only choosing black people who will speak out in her defense? When Bush, Hastert, Frist, and others defend Tom Delay, do you regard it as a white action? Quit playing the race card.
  11. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,297 / 15 / -11

Disable Jersey

Then YOU Patters should be the first to criticize THIS "race card"...
    http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/03/31/ap/politics/mainD8GMPKR81.shtml

AP) A lawyer for Rep. Cynthia McKinney, the Georgia congresswoman who had an altercation with a Capitol Police officer, says she was "just a victim of being in Congress while black."

-The Wicked One
  12. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +534 / 2 / -9

Cynthia McKinney is "street Trash" she is well kown in the halls of congress as a "Racist Trouble Maker".
    Why won't she wear her ID as she is supposed to do, why is she constantly in some kind of behavioral problem, does she carry a chip on her shoulder, does she always go looking for trouble, is all of WAshington "picking on her because she is black" thats not me talking thats her, she is always whining about "being black".

Cynthia McKinney is "TROUBLE", many know it and they stay as far away from her as they can.

The people that vote her in should be ashamed of themselves. She is a BIGOTED RACIST.

Her parents did a poor job of raising her, they should have taught her the basic aspects of Humility and Politeness (Do Unto Others As Ye Would Have Others Do Unto You) she acts like a arrogant street rat.
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2006
  13. pats-blue

pats-blue Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

The first reporting of this incidednt SHE commented that the "WHITE officer" grabbed her, she also said something else that revolved around race but I don't want to misquote. For some reason all the articles written on March 29th have been updated on March 31st with her "regret" for the incident in place of her ORIGINAL comments. She insinuated race was a factor, she doesn't wear her pin like she is suppossed to and is tired of "getting harrassed" maybe she could follow the rules.

Oh by the way it isn't only her "extreme" followers HER lawyer issued a statement today and it is a beauty.

http://customwire.ap.org/dynamic/st...CS&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2006-03-31-16-52-23

Her lawyer, James W. Myart Jr., said, "Congresswoman Cynthia McKinney, like thousands of average Americans across this country, is, too, a victim of the excessive use of force by law enforcement officials because of how she looks and the color of her skin."

Wow, I mean WOW...yep no racism there at all....
  14. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +534 / 2 / -9

15. Patters

Ratings:
    +183 / 4 / -6

She may have nothing to apologize for, but I thought it was pretty decent of her to say this: "I know that Capitol Hill Police are securing our safety, and I appreciate the work that they do. I have demonstrated my support for them in the past and I continue to support them now." After all, when you think of how the righties dissed the Park Police and the FBI for failing to link Hillary to Vince Foster's death, it's apparent McKinney has much more respect for the police than the much of the right-wing does.
  16. milwaukeebeers44

milwaukeebeers44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

She's turning it into a race AND woman thing. She had NOW and NAACP at her press conference this evening

http://wsbradio.com/news/033106mckinneypm.html

Thanks for making my point for me.

ETA: I take sides because this is not the first time she has done this. Twice, maybe it's a coincidence. But it has happened more than that. It's always gotta be about the white man keeping her down. . .I really hope Ga-4 wisens up.
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2006
  17. milwaukeebeers44

milwaukeebeers44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

That was her second statement.

This is her first statement, which she later retracted: http://www.wsbtv.com/news/8361195/detail.html
  18. Patters

Ratings:
    +183 / 4 / -6

And how do you know it's not a race or woman issue? Do you have any info with regard to the police treating other congresspeople that way? To me, the whole things sounds like a minor incident that the righties are turning into a racial thing and the congresswoman is taking on that challenge. If you want to play the race card, she can play it too. Also, did you read the whole statement you provided a link to? Why does your tone make me think you assume everything she's saying is untrue, and that she's the one who's guilty?

That said, I'm no fan of McKinney, but I know enough about politics that people with unpopular position (on either side of the aisle) are sometimes treated differently.
  19. milwaukeebeers44

milwaukeebeers44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

First of all, I'm not a rightie. Second of all, she used to be my Congressman. Third of all, I am a fed employee that has spent much time in those Capitol office buildings, so I have a bit of an inside perspective on how those the security works there. And yes, I have seen the police ask lesser-known Congressmen and women for their IDs. As a matter of fact, the only people I've seen NOT get ID'd are the highly identifiable members, such as McCain, Kennedy, Reid, Frist, Obama, etc. Hell, I walked through with Sen. Reed and he pulled out his ID- sure he didn't have to go through the metal detectors, but at least he wasn't flippant about it.

My experience with McKinney as my rep (and no, I didn't vote for her- in fact, my husband insisted we move out of her district) is that she plays the race card on everything. I also think that the way she is handling the situation (e.g., citing that she has no wrong in it- she has NOT apologized- she just said she's sorry it happened) is arrogant and crass. If she had just come out and apologized, this whole thing probably just would have gone away. Once she pulled the race card this evening, the entire thing exploded. I fully expected it, too. Because it's her M.O. - it's what she does.

Whether or not it was mistaken identity (you memorize all 535 members of Congress and get back to me) or racial/gender profiling, she had NO right whatsoever to hit him.
  20. Patters

Ratings:
    +183 / 4 / -6

You make a lot of good points, milwaukeebeers44, expecially since you have firsthand knowledge of her and how the Capitol buildings work. That said, I do find among some of the right-wingers in this forum, there's a sort of kneejerk reaction that if a black person is accused of something, the accusation must be true. Also, these days it's very hard for a black person to make legitimate claims of racism without being accused of playing the race card.