Welcome to PatsFans.com

George W. Bush: accomplishments

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Holy Diver, Jul 9, 2007.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Last edited: Jul 9, 2007
  2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +296 / 1 / -9

I wonder why he is always grinning, he told Whoopi Goldberg he's thinking about running for a third term.
  3. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I agree, I predict he will be in office long after his term is up.
  4. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Not funny! :eek:
  5. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +20 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

Many times i've pictured W kicking and screaming as he's draged out of the oval office. Espcialy if he were ever impeached.
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2007
  6. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

Very Impressive Resume...
  7. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

worst president of all-time...
  8. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -1

#15 Jersey

I didn't bother to read his accomplishments as I've read other threads on that topic, plus I was unfortunate enough to live in Texas for his 8 years of governorship.
    When people state a President the worst of all time, I like to look research that President (current one excluded, as I've lived it) and be more knowledgable on the subject. A good example is Hoover, who is often mentioned as the worst. One look at his bio and your astonished at his contributions and accomplishments. His downfall was bad timing to go along with his absolute neccesity of small goverment (one without assistance). Having said that, what has George Bush accomplished as President or in his prior life. Nada, nothing, zip. He got everything for having the name. This isn't a hateful theme, just the facts of the matter.
  9. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +296 / 1 / -9

Al Gore and John Fonda Kerry put Bush in the White House, if the arrogant batty democrats had come up with an old time hero democrat instead of two far left liberals Bush would have been run over by a landslide.
  10. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Hmm...H-beezy,

Just curious....What Democrat would've gotten your vote in 2004? or 2000 for that matter?
  11. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl Banned

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Presidents are just puppets... I don't get all of the hype.

If they did 1 thing wrong (like JFK did), they would turn out like JFK did at the end...

baby bush didn't do ANYTHING but ruin this country (he was told to).

hitlery will do likely worse...
  12. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

I totally agree with that assessment. It wasn't that they were too far left, though. They were too milktoast, finger-in-the-wind losers who couldn't beat a semi-sentient, illiterate, do-nothing retard like Bush, and that says enough about both of them. The Dem party bosses arrogantly thought that Dean was too far left of center, but I think that's what the people were looking for the second Bush Beating. They wanted anyone who had principles and a new direction, but the party bailed on Dean out of fear of the far right and the milktoast center. Instead, we saw an election of a centrist Bush and a centrist Kerry. Why bother changing one for another? That's my opinion.

BTW Boy, what did you think of your homeboy, Tip O'Neil? I knew him well growing up as he and my grandfather were in the VFW and the same church together. I just read "Mr. Speaker", a memior by him and it was pretty good.
  13. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +110 / 7 / -10

You missed the Caeter administration, some of us didn't.
  14. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +20 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

Carter was benihn,plus he inherited a lousey economy,and military.Bushwack inherited it all,and wrecked this country.It may take 5-15 yrs to undo the damage this "ARROGANT INCOMPATENT" who thinks he's in personal communiction with the almighty did.

HE IS WITHOUT A DOUBT THE WORST PRESIDENT THIS COUNTRY HAS EVER SEEN. EVEN KING GEORGE OF ENGLAND WAS PROBABLY BETTER FOR THE PEOPLE OF THIS COUNTRY.
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2007
  15. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +110 / 7 / -10

Bush came in during a recession and then had to deal with 9-11, which could have been a total disaster economically. The way the administration handled the economy has been great, under the circumstances.
  16. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +20 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

Bush came in under a recession??? OH, you mean Bush 1.The economy is great!! For who? certainly not the average person I know many people who are still working for approximatly the same as they were five years ago. Wages are stagnent,and most of the jobs come with a line like "DO YOU WANT FRIES WITH THAT? OR Welcome to Best Buy. If you don't have a collage degree your toast,and I know people with them who can't find a job.
  17. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

IMO these guys were outsmarted by Karl Rove and crew, the whole swiftboat thing was brilliant, but devastating and caught them with their proverbial pants down.. as much as I do not like Rove and co. have to give them credit, they stole the last election and ambushed these guys from every direction. They kept getting punched in the mouth, and forgot that you can fight back.
  18. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

How can you "forget" to fight back? This was a presidential election, not some county fair pie-baking contest. They failed to fight back. Their country needed someone to step up and expose this steaming pile of excrement, and they (Kerry, Gore, the entire Democratic party) failed their country. I have no faith that they can beat the Republicans. All the Pubs are going to require is another attack or a perception of a greater level of threat to win again, and unless it's Ron Paul, we could be looking at another four years of this crap and it'll get worse and worse IMO, possibly expanding into Syria or Iran. And don't think the Pubs won't do whatever they have to to win while the Dems stand off to the side in the pre-determined protest zone pulling their pigtails and screaming foul.
  19. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +20 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

The last dem who fought back was W J Clinton,Or put it this way he was the last to understand you have to fight back,and had the moxie to do it. I think the fight he picked with Wallace of fox noise last fall was a lesson about how to do it for the rest of the party.
  20. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +110 / 7 / -10

Yes he did, If you don't want to check the TD figures for GDP look at the free fall of the Nasdaq which started in 3/2000 and the DJIA which also was falling from that point.
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2007