Welcome to PatsFans.com

George Soros; commodity cukoo...

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Terry Glenn is a cowgirl, Mar 17, 2007.

1. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl Banned

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

"Frankly, I don't think I'll need to do a lot more," Democratic philanthropist George Soros bragged to USA Today just a few months ago. "I now take the defeat of Bush more or less for granted."

Unfortunately for him, that defeat no longer seems so certain, so the billionaire, who had spent more than $15 million in an attempt to get John F. Kerry elected, is now trying to protect his earlier investments by throwing in an additional $3 million.

"America, under Bush, is a danger to the world," says Soros. To save the world and prevent the reelection of George W. Bush, Soros has dedicated extraordinary amounts of time and money because defeating Bush, he says, is his "central focus." His motto, "If I spend enough, I will make it right," is the essence of his articulated ideas about changing society.

It seems that Soros believes he was anointed by God. "I fancied myself as some kind of god ..." he once wrote. "If truth be known, I carried some rather potent messianic fantasies with me from childhood, which I felt I had to control, otherwise they might get me in trouble."

When asked by Britain's Independent newspaper to elaborate on that passage, Soros said, "It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out."

Since I began to live it out. Those unfamiliar with Soros would probably dismiss the statement out of hand. But for those who have followed his career and sociopolitical endeavors, it cannot be taken quite so lightly.

Soros has proved that with the vast resources of money at his command he has the ability to make the once unthinkable acceptable. His work as a self-professed "amoral" financial speculator has left millions in poverty when their national currencies were devaluated, and he pumped so much cash into shaping former Soviet republics to his liking that he has bragged that the former Soviet empire is now the "Soros Empire."

Now he's turned his eye on the internal affairs of the United States. Today's U.S., he writes in his latest book, "The Bubble of American Supremacy," is a "threat to the world," run by a Republican Party that is the devil child of an unholy alliance between "market fundamentalists" and "religious fundamentalists." We have become a "supremacist" nation.

During a speech at Columbia University's commencement ceremonies, Soros said, "If President Bush is reelected, we must ask the question, 'What is wrong with us?' " He has written that he always "felt that modern society in general and America in particular suffer from a deficiency of values."

Bush's aggressive waging of the war on terrorism has only increased these feelings. "When President Bush says, as he does frequently, that freedom will prevail, in fact he means that America will prevail," Soros writes. Who would Soros prefer to see "prevail"? Saddam Hussein? Osama bin Laden?

Despite his reputation as an international philanthropist, Soros remains candid about his true charitable tendencies. "I am sort of a deus ex machina," Soros told the New York Times in 1994. "I am something unnatural. I'm very comfortable with my public persona because it is one I have created for myself. It represents what I like to be as distinct from what I really am. You know, in my personal capacity I'm not actually a selfless philanthropic person. I've very much self-centered."

Soros was more succinct when he explained his life philosophy to biographer Michael Kaufman. "I am kind of a nut who wants to have an impact," he said.

But the speculator's visions don't end there.

"Next to my fantasies about being God, I also have very strong fantasies of being mad," Soros once confided on British television. "In fact, my grandfather was actually paranoid. I have a lot of madness in my family. So far I have escaped it."

In his book, "Soros on Soros," he says: "I do not accept the rules imposed by others ... And in periods of regime change, the normal rules don't apply." Clearly, Soros considers himself to be someone who is able to determine when the "normal rules" should and shouldn't apply.

http://www.public-integrity.org/articles/publications100404.php

2. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +539 / 6 / -2

Soros is a hypocrite. He does most of his business in offshore countries with no tax policies so he doesn't have to pay uncle sam.

3. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I find it funny that he thinks he is a god... he might have a savvy nose for the futures markets, but he is only fooling himself about the god part.:eek:

4. Real World

Ratings:
    +539 / 6 / -2

He's a nut. Like most people who have too much money, they end up thinking they are immortal, or above human in most regards. It's why I cringe when these types of people try to tell me what's good for the common joe. How would they know what it's like to be an ordinary dude with bills to pay.

5. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +270 / 11 / -11

Soros is entertaining. A number of billionaires have had strange ideas. I think Donald Trump and Pierpont Morgan at one time or another both imagined that they descended from the Pharoahs. Soros is no more of a hypocrite than any of the so-called Christian billionaires who fancy themselves as being good Christians despite being avaricious and materialistic.

6. Real World

Ratings:
    +539 / 6 / -2

What does Christian have to do with it? Showing your true colors again Patters? :rolleyes:

7. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I think many of the billionaires fib the christian part up... they want the average joe to relate to them... and support them.

Many are in reality; luciferian... not all of them; but many.

I know that I just baffled many people on this thread... but I really don't care either.

8. Patters

Ratings:
    +270 / 11 / -11

Read Terry Glenn Is A Cowgirl's response (#7). He had no trouble grasping the simple analogy.

9. Real World

Ratings:
    +539 / 6 / -2

Yeah but your agenda driven response was before that. It's ok, I know exactly what you meant by it.

10. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

You could rattle off so many people that do this... it would take weeks to compile.

11. Patters

Ratings:
    +270 / 11 / -11

That's true, but there's a sect for everyone. Whatever you believe, you can find a religious group that will tell you those beliefs are good.

12. Patters

Ratings:
    +270 / 11 / -11

Well, I don't think you did figure out what I meant by it. Soros is a regular target of righties like you, and you want to hold him to a different standard than you would hold right-wing billionaires. In fact your response to the analogy was as usual name-calling and personal attacks. It's better to say nothing if you can't adequately respond to my point. My point was simply that regardless of political leaning, people are basically the same.

13. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

So your only comment on the artical is he's entertaining? Then you deflect to right wing billionairs? Why is everything turned into an attack on the right.

14. Real World

Ratings:
    +539 / 6 / -2

We were talking about Billionaires, and about Soros, yet, you found a way to attack christianity in the process. A spade, will forever be a....:rolleyes:

15. Patters

Ratings:
    +270 / 11 / -11

As in many threads, we often go from the particular (Soros) to the general (billionaires). For instance, you did that in the thread about Bill Maher when you started talking about Coulter, Limbaugh, as well as a little patronizing aside how a black guy stood up to Jesse Jackson. In this thread, I went from the particular to the general by saying that if you call Soros a hypocrite, then you also have to call Christian billionaires hypocrites. I chose Christian billionaires because it crosses political lines, and I would defend their right to pursue wealth as I would defend Soros rights. Sometimes we have to live with contradictions.

http://www.marxists.org/reference/archive/mao/selected-works/volume-1/mswv1_17.htm

16. Real World

Ratings:
    +539 / 6 / -2

Apples and Oranges. Whatever makes you feel better. How about if I said homosexual billionares? African american billionares? Muslim Billionares? What religion is Soros? Does that matter? I'm sure if I mentioned any of the others you, or some people who hold a similar agenda to you, would certainy find that peculiar, and criticize, which would be warranted. They aren't relevent to the conversation.

17. Patters

Ratings:
    +270 / 11 / -11

You really don't understand it. Homosexuality is not a philosophy that condemns wealth. Nor is African American. You're right I could have drawn an analogy with Muslim billionaires (though I don't think the Muslim religion is anti-materialistic as is, for instance Catholicism), but since my point was to show that people you respect are "just as bad" as people I respect, I didn't think Muslims was a good choice. You should practice analogies until you understand them better.

18. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

My favorite pandering religious claim is "Jews for Jesus"...talk about social suck-ups!

19. Real World

Ratings:
    +539 / 6 / -2

What? People I respect? WTF are you talking about? Are you trying to say I respect Catholics or Christians simply because they are so? You really have some serious problems.