Welcome to PatsFans.com

George is doing a little chest thumping...

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Jun 1, 2007.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +717 / 20 / -30

From the Dallas Morning News, this is pretty concerning behavior on the part of George.. what is more concerning is the second part of the first paragraph, "setting up Iraq so his successor could not get out of "our country's destiny".

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcon...N-geyer_31edi.ART.State.Edition1.4370227.html

Friends of his from Texas were shocked recently to find him nearly wild-eyed, thumping himself on the chest three times while he repeated "I am the president!" He also made it clear he was setting Iraq up so his successor could not get out of "our country's destiny."

The truth of the steadily deteriorating situation in the Middle East is, of course, quite different. The Palestinian people of 40 and even 30 years ago were formal, conservative people who remained closely tied to their families, clans and religious groups. Theirs was a highly stratified society, which has now been shattered.

2. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,968 / 14 / -22

#61 Jersey

Chimpanzees and other primates thump chest too, I believe ... We need to get that derelict out of office before it's too late.

3. Pujo

Pujo Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

If he's trying to tie the hands of his successor, he needs to be removed from office before he can do more lasting harm. I've opposed Bush's impeachment, but no more if this is true.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2007
  4. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +839 / 7 / -3

What a mornic, and idiotic column that individual wrote. She is implying that palestinian camps have been devoid of terrorism/radicals up until recently? What an idiotic, mornic, and historically inaccurate thing to say. How do people get paid to write such crap? Palestinians camps have ALWAYS had radical terrorists in them, especially since they were run by a terrorist called Yaser Arafat. Jeez. Black September anyone? I guess the Palestinian camps were peaceful when Arafat was using them to overthrow the Monarchy in Jordan right? How about what his crews did when the moves their shop to Lebanon thereafter? Please. People are so partisan on this issue. The ME has been a cesspool of violence for far longer than we've been in Iraq.