Welcome to PatsFans.com

George Bush's amnesty bill fails

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by mikey, Jun 7, 2007.

1. mikey

mikey In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

2. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +539 / 6 / -2

Thank god!

3. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +514 / 13 / -12

#24 Jersey

It wasn't "George Bush"'s. Sorry. Lots of others' too.

4. mikey

mikey In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

"I, even though disappointed, look forward to passing this bill," Reid said. But he said he needs help from the White House.

"This is the president's bill," Reid said. "... We can't do it alone over here. We need some help."

Last edited: Jun 7, 2007
  5. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +668 / 2 / -9

Sen. Edward M. Kennedy of Massachusetts, the leading Democratic architect of the bill.
    http://apnews.myway.com/article/20070608/D8PKB0C00.html

JAIL TIME for anybody or any company hiring Illegal Aliens, no "FREE STUFF" from the government for any Illegal Alien, NOTHING.

If they can't get a job, if they can't get a handout, they will hightail it back to Mexico, they won't have to be rounded up.

They are all criminals, they broke our law, get them the hell out of America, there are thousands of Immigrants from all over the world waiting to enter LEGALLY those are the people those scumbag f-cking swine politicians should be helping, not the criminals.

In todays society there is nothing lower, nothing more vile than a Washington Politician, just look at the gang of creepy grinning lying bastards that are running for president.
    No Matter who you vote for sooner or later they will stick it up your a$s.
    Vermin Bastards.
    :bricks:

6. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +514 / 13 / -12

#24 Jersey

So you quote a Democrat trying to make it look like a Bush failure rather than an overall failure ? Pathetic as usual.

7. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

When the President pushes a bill, and calls his own party members morons for not voting for it, I would say he pretty much owns that bill.

8. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +668 / 2 / -9

I have said from day one that I part company with Bush when it comes to Illegal Aliens, Bush is a Democrat when it comes to this one.

Uncle Teddy was up to his eyeballs on this also, the people on the Mexican Border States should raise some money and send ten or twenty busloads of these Illegal Alien Criminals down to Hyannisport on Old Cape Cod and up to Kennebunkport in Maine.

9. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +514 / 13 / -12

#24 Jersey

Say what you want, it was a bi-partisan bill and was not Bush's (alone). That said I'm glad it's gone at least for now.

10. Real World

Ratings:
    +539 / 6 / -2

HAHAHA! Some people are such hacks in here. This is GW's bill, but it's also Ted Kennedy's too. BTW, how's Harry Reid, that POS, feel about illegal immigration these days? I remember how he felt back in 1993.

He sounded sensible back then. Sounded like most of us in here do. Anyone going to call him a racist? These lackey's are all the same. When they get into a position of power, or to DC, they loose their principles in favor of party. Tell me how a man holds this position below, and then instantly reverses course to the opposite view? Like I always say, these people are all twins.

REID GROWS IN OFFICE (Immigration Stabilization Act of 1993)
    NRO ^

Posted on 04/05/2006 7:53:40 AM PDT by hipaatwo

Like Gephart and Daschle, as Senate minority leader Harry Reid has risen in leadership, he's gotten progressively more progressive. It's interesting to contrast his zealous defense of the McCain-Kennedy amnesty to his earlier views; he introduced the "Immigration Stabilization Act of 1993" that would have cut immigration by two-thirds and, in its original version, denied automatic citizenship to the children of illegal aliens. This from his press release on the bill in 1993:

"Our borders have overflowed with illegal immigrants placing tremendous burdens on our criminal justice system, schools and social programs. The Immigration and Naturalization Service needs the ability to step up enforcement. Our federal wallet is stretched to the limit by illegal aliens getting welfare, food stamps, medical care and other benefits often without paying any taxes. Safeguards like welfare and free medical care are in place to boost Americans in need of short-term assistance. These programs were not meant to entice freeloaders and scam artists from around the world. Even worse, Americans have seen heinous crimes committed by individuals who are here illegally."

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1609581/posts

11. Real World

Ratings:
    +539 / 6 / -2

Oh, I agree his name is clearly on it, but don't try to say it's his, and his only. All we've heard since it's creation is that it's a "bipartisan" bill, or that it's teh Kennedy Bush bill. Just be fair.

12. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Thank the good Lord that this measure appears headed to die a slow death. That's what Bush gets for betraying his Conservative base by sleeping with the Kennedy's. He should keep this in mind when his approval ratings dip below 25%.

Now maybe we can get some sensible immigration reform, starting with a 35 foot wall along our entire border, complete with barbed wire, electric fences, and national guard patrols.

13. Real World

Ratings:
    +539 / 6 / -2

And mine fields! :D

Kidding people!

14. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Not me. I think they should do that as well. This is nothing short of an invasion by a foreign country intent on occupying the United States of America, usurping our resources and taking over both the local and national government.

Hitler did the same thing to Poland only he did it in a day. Why are people so willing to turn a blind eye to the same thing just because it is being done gradually instead of in a blitz...?