Welcome to PatsFans.com

George Bush: It takes "courage" to pass amnesty bill for illegal aliens

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by mikey, May 30, 2007.

1. mikey

mikey Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/05/29/AR2007052901110.html

What does COURAGE got to do with giving AMNESTY to 20 million illegal aliens?

COURAGE means going to Iraq and willing to sacrifice your life. THAT is courage.

It is an INSULT to our soldiers to equate COURATE to passing the amnesty bill.

George Bush is a certified buffoon.

2. The Gr8est

The Gr8est Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

"the fundamental question is, will elected officials have the courage necessary to put a comprehensive immigration plan in place"

A better fundamental question would be "why don't these elected officials have the necessary courage to enforce the law and defend us from these criminal invaders???!!!
  3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

Seems to me more and more, that George is going further from his base of support, I am not a poly sci guy, but this seems to be a disasterous track for the Republican Party.
  4. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

He's not a conservative. A neo-conservative maybe, but not a fiscal one.
  5. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

6. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

I see this cearly as a 'legacy" move. He's looking down the road and he wan't to be able to say "See, I really did do something right, look at all these new Americans". I don't think he gives a damn about his conservative base at this point. Not that he really ever did.
  7. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl Banned

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

You really are inept. He is doing this because, if he doesn't, he will be JFK'ed.

Presidents are only puppet figureheads for the people who really run the world.
    Last edited: May 30, 2007
  8. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, Sorry, my bad.

[​IMG]
  9. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4

This is a classic example of how conservatives get it wrong. There are 11 million illegal immigrants in the U.S. and kicking them out or arresting all of them is almost impossible, especially given that their kids born here are legal:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_v._Wong_Kim_Ark

To reduce crime and instill American values, we need to be able to account for the illegals and bring them into our system. An amnesty is a sensible way to go, espcially if it provides not only incentives to register but penalties for not registering. (I'm not clear if there are penalties.)

That said, given the terrorist threat, we obviously need to find a better way to protect our borders, even a wall if necessary.
  10. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

It' not just conservatives, so careful painting with a broad brush. I'm conservative and to a certain extent I agree with you. Deportation is not practical. So the 12M, do have to be assimilated some way, with a token punishment (fine) to acknowledge that they violated our rules to get here. That is fair.

Assimilating those 12M is not the priority though, Nothing can happen until the border is SECURED. I have no faith that our government will make good on the VAST majority of the "enforcement" provisions provided for. Until it can make good on those promises first (and sustain it for a period of 2 years or so), I have NO interest in discussing Amnesty for the illegals. Which, no matter how you slice it, is what this is.

Most of the reasonable opposition understands that mass deportation unworkable and unrealistic. Deportations should absolutely occur for criminal aliens and those not pursuing assimilation (for example, learning english).
    Last edited: May 31, 2007
  11. Real World

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

You're pathetic. Another supporter of the middle class. Amnesty was tried before, how'd that work out for ya? How about the cost of legalizing 10-30 million poor, low skilled, uneducated people?
  12. Real World

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

Who in god's name is calling for an immidiate deportation? That isa talking point (I'm not singling you out here, speaking out loud) by the sell-outs, similar to the "out from the shadows" crap. That is a fear tactic that is aimed at adding emotion to the arguement. Emotion, like religion, has no business being involved with government. We don't deport them now, and haven't in any grand scale, so why do people think we are going to do so next week? That people fall for this crap is pathetic. It is a clear talking point. The dumbification of America is worsening. :eek:
  13. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Agreed, AND my response was directly speaking to Patters attempt to use the "immediate deportation" talking point in his ALL CONSERVATIVES rant.
  14. Real World

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

What else would you expect from that bastion of objectivity? He's a walking, breathing talking point. :D
  15. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

That's a fine picture of you...
  16. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

When you finally find out about the North Amerikan Union, it might all sink in...
    Last edited: May 31, 2007
  17. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

What, are we two?

neener, neerer, naa naa right back at coyboy :rolleyes:
  18. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

At least you have a sense of humour...