Welcome to PatsFans.com

George Bush is fading into irrelevance

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by mikey, Apr 5, 2007.

1. mikey

mikey In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Last edited: Apr 5, 2007
  2. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +245 / 1 / -0

#12 Jersey

George Bush is fading into irrelevance? Well, you're the expert.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2007
  3. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,273 / 15 / -23

#61 Jersey

Nah, there's still time for him to finish ruining the economy.

4. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

He has spent 1 out every 5 working day as President on vacation there.

5. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Nice to see a whacko like yourself admit that Pelosi has committed a felony, because it is a felony for her to conduct foreign affairs without the authority of the President.

Where's the outrage from the radical left over this major violation of the separation of powers...? Oh wait... they're too worried about 8 lawyers Bush fired - even though he was entirely within his rights to do so.

6. mr3putt

mr3putt 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Hey Qui....

You see how a little quiet diplomacy freed the British sailors....Oh wait...It must have been George issuing backdoor threats right? Did you see Cheney still asserts there was a link between Saddam And Al Quaida? This in spite of the newly released Pentagon report saying just the opposite.

Deep denial displayed there...just like some posters here.

7. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

That's what happens when world opinion shifts against a country for doing an illegal action... Much Like I predicted it would:

"As for this current incident (in Iran), there will be a little bit of diplomatic posturing, each side will express their self righteous moralistic outrage, then the sailors and marines will be released (like that time China arrested some members of the U.S. Navy for espionage when their plane was forced to land on Chinese soil a couple years back). It's not a big deal, and it is not some international grandiose conspiracy orchestrated by the United States." - QuiGon, 3/24/07

Yeah, I really was off base with that prediction :rolleyes:

8. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +448 / 12 / -14

Your right we didn't say a thing, just had the AC Carriers sail a little closer to Iran and there were reports of a couple of incursions into Iranian airspace...
    ;)

9. mr3putt

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

You insisted that American unilateral expressions of outrage was the proper course of action. I said we should wait for the Brits to ask specifically for such language. The Brits leveraged UN support.

You were wrong snidely....:rolleyes:

AGAIN

10. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Oh, really..? where did I say that...?

What I said was that support from the international community can and does go a long way towards a favorable resolution. Last time I checked, America was a part of the international community.

You're just making stuff up that I never said. Please provide the quotes you are claiming I made.

11. mr3putt

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

From House Silent on British Hostage crisis:

I said "Any comments by us while they negotiate for release would be dangerous and play into Iranian interests."

You said "A public statement form the Speaker of the House saying she stands with the President in condemming Iran's hostile actions would play into Iranian interests...? Sorry but that's bullsh*t and you know it.

I said "Any public statements by Republican or Democrat at this juncture of the negotiations would be superfluous at best and provocative at worst.
    The Carriers make the only statement of support necessary.
    Public posturing and chest thumping is a favorite tactic of the current Administration...in current context it is meaningless and vacuous."

You said "Yeah... heaven forbid we act provocatively towards the country that kidnapped 15 of our allies."

I said "If American hostages were in the same situation I would want my staunch allies to STFU until requested to do otherwise."

You said "Then you obviously just don't know how international diplomacy operates. The first thing a country wants is to receive shows of support from the international community."

I said " Can you name any other country in the world that has leaped unilaterally to Britain's side with public pronounciations of support and condemnations of the Iranians? They ...unlike you..understand that quiet considered backroom discussions..NOT CHEST THUMPING...is best at this point to insure the safety of those held hostage."

You said "Gee, then tell us genius... why is Britain making an appeal to the UN Security Council..? Maybe because they know that international pressure can and does go a long way towards solving such a crisis."

I said " By raising the issue of British requests for UN support you have made my point for me. My postion was that we should STFU until the Brits requested specific support. In approaching the UN first they mitigated any Iranian attempts to smokescreen the negotiations by introducing the US as proxy in future Diplomatic initiatives. Unilateral and unsolicited statements of vitriolic nonesense would not work to the Brits advantage. They knew this.

You did not understand this....end of debate ."

Those are your own words QUIBABY. You got jacked up pal !

12. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You call that getting "jacked up"..?!? :rofl: :rofl: I stand by every single thing I have stated above. Just because you are too mentally challenged to understand doesn't equate to being "jacked up". :rofl:

13. mr3putt

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I finally understand that debating you , and Foggy, and Patsfan is a waste of time.

You float unsupported accusations...and when you are shown to be vacuous fools you either ignore or deny the evidence.

You have the dialogue Quibaby...point by point... refute it.
    If you are in the Boston area why don't we meet and debate face to face.

Got the stones for that cupcake?

14. PF1996

PF1996 Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I hope it didn't take you too long to figure that out. Also, don't expect to have any rational discussion with 3-4 - he's another bible thumping nut.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2007
  15. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

:rofl: There is absolutely nothing more pathetic then when someone has been reduced to internet chest thumping... :rofl:

I know you hate to hear this, but I stand by every single statement I have made in the above post. Your mental retardation does nothing to change that.

16. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

you mean like you do every other post?

well, at least you recognize your own pre-pubescent behavior...

17. mr3putt

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Point by point rebuttal Quibaby.

You said Congress should issue a public statement of support for the Brits.
    They waited...they were right and you were wrong...naive..uninformed and dumb.
    Your refusal to deal with the dialogue of debate renders you impotent.

"I stand by my statement" without counter is simply a concession of the argument.

You are worthless and weak...now drop and give me twenty...biatch:D

18. mr3putt

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Thanks for the conformation.

Scary to think these guys have the right to drive.

19. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

No, it isn't. Only a complete moron would claim "I stand by my statement" represents some sort of concession. It's an agreement to disagree. There's no shame in 2 intelligent people agreeing to disagree. Unfortunately the fact that you're a complete moron precludes that from happening here.

Here's what I said on 3/24:

"As for this current incident, there will be a little bit of diplomatic posturing, each side will express their self righteous moralistic outrage, then the sailors and marines will be released (like that time China arrested some members of the U.S. Navy for espionage when their plane was forced to land on Chinese soil a couple years back). It's not a big deal, and it is not some international grandiose conspiracy orchestrated by the United States."

Yeah, I really missed the mark there :rolleyes:

Last edited: Apr 7, 2007
  20. mr3putt

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

That quote was not part of the dialogue we had Qui.
    Your argument regarding Congress's lack of public condemnation of Iran was the point between us. You were strident and specific...as your quotes showed.
    You were wrong...again..and like the punk you are you refuse to conceed this debate. Challenge still stands OH KNIGHT of THE FORCE.
    Debate me face to face.

Got the stones for that?