Welcome to PatsFans.com

George Allan For President?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by scout, Sep 28, 2006.

1. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

Another person has just come forward claiming he repeatedly used the "N" word in the 70's. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15051663/
    This is of course, after he embarrassed himself with the Makaka comment. He allegedly put a deer's head in a mail box of a black family, had confederate flags in his law office along with a noose, part of his motif he claims. If he had just come clean, I could consider him on his platform, but I don't believe him. In denying his racial tendencies, he said he couldn't remember ever saying the "n" word. That statement is stamped "guilty". Personally, one time I used the "n" word in a racial joke, which I regret. That's the only time in my life I used that derogatory word. Now ask yourself, did you ever use the "n" word, or do you not ever remember using it? Or, does it not matter.

2. Seymour93

Seymour93 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Allen was supposed to breeze through re-election for Senate on his way to a Prez run in '08. He was leading by 20 points not too long ago. After this latest news came out, his opponent Jim Webb, was up by three points.

They're making it easy for us.

3. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +369 / 10 / -14

I wonder where all these people were 6 years ago?

This that all recover from a case of selective amnesia?

4. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +738 / 17 / -19

#24 Jersey

I really don't care. The President can hate English people (that's where I was born) for all I care. As long as his policies are good. So we we're going to eliminate every person who uttered a racial slur of any kind dating back to college ?

5. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +116 / 10 / -15

#37 Jersey

This is funny considering how many lefty bigots we have on this board. ie, NEM and mikey come to mind. And lets not forget all the democrat jew haters, like Jesse Jackson, Jim Moran, John Conyers, ect... (and seymour93 on this board)

Clen your own house demobigots, stop the hate, look in the mirror.

6. mikey

mikey In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Actually Allen is UP 5 points in the latest poll.

However, the 5 points is a misleading since it is the average of 3 days of polling.

Allen was UP significantly in the first 2 days, but was DOWN 3% on the last day.

So this is a very volatile situation.

I am actually not surprised to hear that Allen uses words MACACA (MONKEY) or NIGGERS to describe minorities and black people

I have always thought there is something troubling about him.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2006
  7. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +839 / 7 / -3

If the guy is really a racist, then I hope he looses. I don't use the "N" word as I find it extremely derogatory. I was watching MSNBC's Hardball, and Mathews, the former Carter campaign worker, had a Allen-thon going on all week long. I thought it was a bit much to be honest, but he had one guy on and pressed him to swear that Allen used the "N" word, and he wouldn't. He kept insisting Allen used it, and he said he knew for a fact he used it, but when asked to swear it, or asked if he himself had heard Allen say it, he refused. So basically to me, this is a heresay type deal, and silly. I'm sure just about everyone has done something stupid in college. I could only imagine what dirt people would find on me if I were running for office someplace. Where I think this type of information is relevent, I think alot of times it's overblown and unsubstantiated. Again though, if he truly is a racist, I hope he looses. If he isn't, then this crap is a waste of time.

8. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +738 / 17 / -19

#24 Jersey

Mathews has really disappointed me. Although I knew he was a (D), I used to like to watch him as he kept his leanings reasonably away from the show. You could tell what he was but it wasn't overbearing. But I have lost ALL respect for him. Not to the Olberman level but close. Just like his Allen thing now, he used to be constantly going on and on about Plame/Wilsongate - until the leaker ended up being someone more benign to Bush than Mathews thought and he hasn't mentioned it since.

It's one of the clearest signs of media bias and Mathews should be ashamed of himself. If it was a story when he thought someone close to Bush had done the leaking then it's a story when someone who wasn't close to Bush had done the leaking.

9. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,814 / 35 / -29

#87 Jersey

What's the difference between you and him. You have that weekly prayer in the football forum and in this forum you bash religion relentlessly...you abuse religion also I am afraid to say. If ever just 1 time I saw you post something pro-religion I would not say this...but you never support religion and you publicly state here that you don't even believe in God. At least these people have a faith..your faith is only to yourself to make yourself look good.

10. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +515 / 49 / -7

#75 Jersey

Allen catagoerically denied these allegations, his opponent however, admitted to something like "growing up in the south, you had to use the N word."

So the only one to admit to using the N word is his opponent, so I can only hope that everyone who has called fot Allen's head, now turns thier eyes to his opponent.

Of course, we all know that this will never happen.

11. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +369 / 10 / -14

Of course dems are fine with the ex klansman who uttered teh n word in a televised interview a few years ago.

NEM for once you are right, there is no defense for an allegation from 30 years ago. Can I then assume you believed Juanita Brodderick's rape allegation against Pres Clinton 25 years after the fact?

12. Real World

Ratings:
    +839 / 7 / -3

See I actually enjoy Mattews too. I also have seen a little more slant than usual lately. The Plame case is a huge example. He talked about it ALL the time, then it comes out that Armitage was the leaker, and dropped it from his program. When pressed on it by a media man from Newsbusters he responded like this:

Q: So I've noticed you haven't done anything on the whole Valerie Plame story since the Armitage story broke. Why not invite Joe Wilson on the show to defend himself?

A: Because he'd say basically the same thing he always says. 'My wife had no involvement in getting me the mission.' He'd just repeat it over and over.

Q: Maybe, but isn't it at least worth showing your viewers that this guy has no credibility considering how much you talked about the story before? Shouldn't he be held accountable for wasting all our time? Why not invite one of his representatives or defenders on the show?

A: Well, the story's just gotten so complicated. I mean, it's just such a mess. Because what if it's true that Armitage was the source, but those other guys [presumably Rove and Scooter Libby], also were leakers, what then?

Q: Isn't that a question worth exploring on your show?

A: It could be but the problem is that Dick Cheney has so many apologists it's ridiculous. So many journalists like Bob Woodward will say or do anything just to get access to him. And then all the people in the administration too.

Q: I don't see why this is stopping you from mentioning the story at all. The viewers at least need some sort of closure don't they?

A: Hey listen I need to get out of here. I have to get back home.

Kinda disapointing. Anyhow, the Allen bit was all over his show the last couple of weeks. I understand it's a popular issue, but he seemed to be dragging the guy through the mud on what people "alleged" as opposed to much else. Seemed different than his usual shows.

13. mikey

mikey In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Of course, he also CATERORICALLY DENIED that he used the word MACACA.

Then he CATEROGICALLY DENIED that the word is derogatory.

Then he CATEGORICALLY DENIED that his mother is Jewish.

NOW, he is CATEGORIALLY DENYING he used the word NIGGER.

Just like George W. Bush, this guy is a PATHOLOGICAL LIAR.

Another perfect Republican LIAR to corrupt the White House.

14. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

Actually, he hasn't "catagorically denied these allegations". What he said was, I don't remember ever saying the "n" word, which is quite different. I did not catch his opponents comments on the "n" word, link? Webb did right something about horny women in the military when he was in college, which he has apologized.

15. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +738 / 17 / -19

#24 Jersey

I used to love to watch him, despite his party affiliation. It's sad but he's almost unwatchable now. It's only happened recently, around the time that Dan Abrams took over running the network. As Mathews (and Olberman) are the two most popular hosts on there, I can't help but wonder if Abrams with asked Mathews to turn it up a notch or, at the least, didn't ask him not to.

16. Real World

Ratings:
    +839 / 7 / -3

He very well may have used the word. He probably is a racist. My problem with all of this is that they are heresay. Some "guy" heard him say this. It's dangerous to take in heresay as fact. When the dude on HardBall kept insisting it was true, then admitted he never heard him say it, yet still insisted it was true, but wouldn't swear it was, it said alot to me.

Do you have to use the "N'' word?

More Bush hate. Good to see you have such an objective and unbiased view of politicians. Of course, your not simply pointing the finger at anything toward the right, simply because you're standing toward the left. Nah....

Again, this guy is probably guilty as charged. I just can't say he's a racist cuz "someone" says he used the "N" word in college. I need a little more than that.

17. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +369 / 10 / -14

Race baiting is SOP for the dems during the election year nothing new.

18. Real World

Ratings:
    +839 / 7 / -3

See what happens when you report unproven remarks in the media and prosecute the charges as factual. Now all these people are going to come out of the wood work saying that this guy did this, and this guy did that. American politics at its best.

[​IMG]

This all reminds me of the movie Mad City with John Travolta and Dustin Hoffman. The movie is a spoof about the media's manipulative reporting of a hostage crisis. Anyhow, it is a very funny movie, and in one of the scenes, the news has some guy on who "claims" to be the hostage takers friend, and begins to say how crazy and messed up he is. When Travolta sees this dude saying this about him on TV, he says "who the hell is that guy? I don't know him". Funny stuff. Certainly might apply in this situation.

http://www.dailypress.com/news/local/dp-39925sy0sep29,0,6293570.story?coll=dp-news-local-final

Local News

Two men differ on stories of racist behavior by Webb

A college friend and an ex-friend give dueling accounts about the Democratic Senate hopeful.

BY JIM HODGES

September 29, 2006

James Webb's roommate at the University of Southern California said Thursday that allegations of racist behavior by the Virginia Democratic Senate candidate while Webb was in college were a confabulation of unrelated incidents that add up to a lie.

The allegations appeared in Thursday's Washington Post.

Dan Cragg, 67, told the Post that he interviewed Webb in 1983 for a story in a now-defunct newspaper for Vietnam War veterans. During the interview, Cragg told the Post, Webb described forays into the Watts area of Los Angeles with friends from the university's ROTC unit. There, Cragg said, they would point fake guns at black people to scare them, call them "niggers," pull triggers and then ride away.

The incidents stopped, Cragg said, when they were caught and beaten.

The Post story acknowledged that a transcript of the interview provided by Cragg did not include the Watts story.

Cragg told the Daily Press on Thursday that he taped the interview May 23, 1983, but erased the part dealing with the alleged Watts incidents.

"I thought it would hurt Jim," said Cragg, who was employed by Webb at the Defense Department before moving on to another job in the Pentagon.