Welcome to PatsFans.com

Gender Quotas In the Financial Sector?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Real World, Jul 8, 2010.

1. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +919 / 7 / -3

July 8, 2010

Gender Quotas In the Financial Sector?

By Diana Furchtgott-Roth

WASHINGTON - What one finds when reading congressional legislation is invariably surprising. Take the Dodd-Frank financial regulation bill, for instance, which was created by merging Senate and House bills. When the Senate returns from recess one of its first actions will be to vote on the bill, which passed the House on June 30.

I was searching the bill for a provision about derivatives. What did I find but Section 342, which declares that race and gender employment ratios, if not quotas, must be observed by private financial institutions that do business with the government. In a major power grab, the new law inserts race and gender quotas into America's financial industry.

In addition to this bill's well-publicized plans to establish over a dozen new financial regulatory offices, Section 342 sets up at least 20 Offices of Minority and Women Inclusion. This has had no coverage by the news media and has large implications.

RealClearMarkets - Gender Quotas In the Financial Sector?

2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,153 / 5 / -10

Racist Administration
    Racist Congress
    Racist Democrats
    Racist Bastards.

What will all other minorities do when "Just One" of them becomes the Majority.

The "White Bastards" are fast becoming "the minority"

RACE WARS RAGE IN AMERICAN PRISONS AS WE SPEAK

RACISM ELECTED YOUR PRESIDENT

3. chicowalker

chicowalker Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +432 / 8 / -4

And this is where government goes too far, imo.

I think it's fine -- in theory -- for the government to work with contractors who that meet various diversity measures. (That assumes that these vendors meet the appropriate standards of work quality and costs, of course.)

But putting that into practice, as outlined here, creates a ridiculous bureaucracy that costs us a ton and then becomes self-perpetuating.

---------------

(Harry, I love your carping about racism. White men, like Christians, are so oppressed.... )

4. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +1,153 / 5 / -10

White men aren't oppressed yet, but it's right around the corner.....

5. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +432 / 8 / -4

Why -- do you think that when whites are a minority, other groups will treat them the same way they were treated by whites? ;)

6. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +1,153 / 5 / -10

Yup......................

7. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +919 / 7 / -3

Would that scenario include preferential treatment, in a whole host of ways, like with job testing, and placement, or maybe with school tuition too? Just wondering. If so, then maybe HB shouldn't worry so much. ;)

8. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +432 / 8 / -4

After a while, I would think so.

But I don't think Harry has to worry much anyway. Unless another group becomes a majority, there's not much concern -- the various groups, all minorities, won't come together against one very easily.

It's good to hear Harry admit what he's afraid of, though it's no surprise: no more "good old days," when white men ruled and were able to screw anybody else over. The country that most of us love is going to sh*t in his eyes, when in fact there have always been shortcomings (and always will be).