Welcome to PatsFans.com

Genarlow Wilson - Racially Motivated?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by maverick4, Jan 29, 2007.

1. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Saw this over on Mark Cuban's blog and it is worth reading. This poor kid got screwed over:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/eticket/story?page=wilson

I'd venture to say there's more than a great chance that the girl in question is White. Some racists down South still get their blood boiled when they see a Black man with a White female.
  2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +328 / 1 / -9

Very True, and you wouldn't believe how many Racist Black Women Up North do the exact same thing.
  3. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +328 / 1 / -9

I just read that whole story, that kid should be released today and apologized too, that is disgusting to put this guy in Jail for this, the phony bastards do far worse than this in the movies and an "AMERICAN PRESIDENT WAS HAILED AS A NORMAL HEALTHY RED BLOODED MAN" for doing the same f-cking thing this kid did.

Why isn't this story on 60 minutes.

CLINTON IS FREE WHY ISN'T THIS KID FREE, IT'S ONLY A BLOW JOB, I WONDER WHAT HIS MOTHER THINKS WHEN SHE READS ABOUT MONICA.
  4. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +290 / 4 / -2

No doubt racism exists down there. It exists everywhere. My only issue with this case is how some people feel the kid did nothing wrong. Did his crime warrant a 10 year sentence? That's clearly debatable. My point is that the girl in question was 15 years old, and was invited to a party being held by a group of 17 year olds, who were expectant of sexual reward. The question is whether or not a 15 year old is mature enough to decide on her own, or whether or not the 17 year olds in question, were manipulating a child for the purpose of sexual exploitation. I was shocked when I first heard of the crime and sentence on TV, but when I read more about it, I saw how the differnet prespectives were argued, and couldn't come to ignore that fact. Again, does it warrant a 10 year mandatory? I'm not certain. Are the kids in question guilty of a crime? I think so. I think they sexually exploited a child. Clearly, it's an ugly case. It has so many angles of volatility and tension that it's difficult to come to certifiable conclusion.

Here is a very long, informative article on the case.

http://www.atlantamagazine.com/article.php?id=158

Anyhow, interestingly enough, I can't find what the jury demographic was. I've scoured the net, and no one has it. I'm curious to know if the jury was male, female, black, white, etc...
  5. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

The laws are so backwards down South. Apparently, if this kid had sex with the girl instead of a BJ, he would have gotten only 12 months in jail instead of 10 years!
  6. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +328 / 1 / -9

I risk being called a "racist" again but this girl never should have been in that room with those guys, in this day and age when a girl goes into a hotel room with guys that are drinking she is playing with fire, I taught my daughters about this kind of sh!t when they were 7 years old.

I will get hammered for this one but I have to say it,
    "WHAT DID SHE EXPECT"

This guy should be set free.
  7. Real World

Ratings:
    +290 / 4 / -2

I read that too. Seems very strange to me. I read something about the reasoning for such being because they felt sexual intercourse was less damaging, pscycologically, than intercourse. Very odd explanation. None the less, that doesn't change that the teens in question were guilty of a crime. The jury felt so too, which is why they convicted them. Where the jury was remourseful, was when it was learned that the sentence was a 10 year mandatory without parole. Excessive? That to me is where the debate should be, but not with guilt or innocense.
  8. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

I was 17 in 1981. Man, the idea that I, a junior, could have sex with a 15 year-old sophomore was never accompanied by thoughts of a jail term. This country is so messed up and hung up about sex it's unbelievable. My grandmother was pregnant with her second kid when she was 15 and my grandfather was 19 in the 1930's. Now we have a 17 year-old doing 10 years for getting busy with a 15 year-old...unbelievable!
  9. Real World

Ratings:
    +290 / 4 / -2

It is whacky. Who's to blame though? Are we protecting children? Or are we telling people how to live? On the one hand, I can see where these kids purposely exploited a 15 year old, on the other, like Wistah, I think of my cousin (he's in his 50's) who married his wife at 15. Are we saying that 15 year olds are old enough to know what they are doing? Are 15 year olds mature, or the equivalent of being an adult? Or are we stipulating, by law, that a 15 year old is a hcild and thus, is to be protected. It's an interesting question.
  10. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +328 / 1 / -9

America runs on sex, it's everywhere, HBO teaches kids how to have sex, Clinton made the "Blow Job" a household word, Maddona & Michael Freak Jackson made millions of dollars "playing with themselves" on stage, Britney Spears runs around with no underwear on showing everybody her crotch, and every movie that the wife swappers in Hollywood make are nothing but suck & F-ck from beginning to end, and this poor guy is in jail for getting "A President Clinton Blow Job"

OJ Simpson walks around free.
    :singing:
  11. Real World

Ratings:
    +290 / 4 / -2

It's funny Harry, ever since the Clinton episode, my barber refers to BJ's as Lewinsky's. :rofl:

Chics will walk by the shop, and he'll look out the window and say "look at those lips Rick, I bet she gives a mean Lewinsky!" :D
  12. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +328 / 1 / -9

Democrats call it a Lewinsky, Republicans call it a Clinton :D :rocker: "yup"
  13. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

I like "hummer".
  14. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +328 / 1 / -9

Clinton Hummer--:eek:
  15. Real World

Ratings:
    +290 / 4 / -2

I wonder what Patters thinks about this case.
  16. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Hummer? I just met her!