Gem from NFL films: Bill Belichick miked vs Colts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great, great video.

BB to Pepper, "Where's the pass rush?"

We're wondering the same thing, BB :p

NFL Videos: Sound FX: Bill Belichick miked

Very nice. Quality earphones takes this to another level

Great stuff in there, on the last Int as soon as they snapped the ball to Manning BB said good this is what we want and up goes Sanders. That was sweet timing

Outstanding! Thanks! :D

Liked "Good jams!" and the call to double/rotate to Reggie Wayne.

yes, thanks for the link, great stuff.
What I like best about BB and it shows on this clip, is he's ALWAYS thinking. A lof of coaches, during the runback on the first pick, would be running down the sidelines flapping their arms and yapping their gums...just like a fan. BB didn't do that; you can almost see the wheels turning already in his head, calculating probably down and distance. And on the Sanders pick, while everyone else on the sideline and the stadium is jumping up and down like crazy people ( I was there and I was one of them :rocker:) he gets on the horn: "We're taking a knee." Now, obviously, every coach would take a knee there but he never let the magic of the moment override his coaching instincts.

Does anyone else think that Ernie Adams may be Belichick's Tony Clifton? I don't completely believe that Ernie is real.

LOL.

I was very very surprised that BB let himself get miked. I wonder if there was a proviso in which he was allowed to filter the tape and only release the parts he wanted?

BB showed good leadership skills not getting to up or too down and always was in control. He also did not humiliate his DBs in front of the team (ahem Tom). Maybe we are seeing the Good BB since they won but I think you can see why Tom Jackson was full manure when he said the team hates their coach.

My favorite part?

Between 1:27 and 1:32 when BB yells to the players "Good disguises now, that's how we got that last interception....""

Tully looks right at him and yells "I'm glad you saw it!!!!"

BB acknowledges "I saw it!!!!!"

Beautiful - - for all the reputation of BB as being an arrogant sob, the players (particularly the vets) have always said that he is very open and they have never felt that he is a closed door.

My favorite part?

Between 1:27 and 1:32 when BB yells to the players "Good disguises now, that's how we got that last interception....""

Tully looks right at him and yells "I'm glad you saw it!!!!"

BB acknowledges "I saw it!!!!!"

Beautiful - - for all the reputation of BB as being an arrogant sob, the players (particularly the vets) have always said that he is very open and they have never felt that he is a closed door.

That's pretty much the outline for an effective boss/manager type. You know who is in charge, but that person is always open to constructive criticism and input from his employees. That's why Belichick has been able to get more out of less more than anyone in this league.

Great video, by the way. As soon as I plugged my headphones into my computer to listen, it came on NFL Network. :D

heck of a coach. great vid. Lol @ AV at the end of the video

The arrogant thing was invented out of thin air by the uber-DB's onthe WEEI morning show because the could not think of any other way to criticize him

Always interesting to hear BB mic'd. But, Wayne wasn't killing you BB. Arrington was. :p

I love little bill. Hope he and Brady remain together for another 10 years.

That was awesome, Bill is the man! I thought it was need on the Sanders pick you could hear Bill say something like "This is what we want." That's surely not what I was thinking at the moment!

Jacob

I thought he was referring to the fact that they were not kicking the 41 yarder or playing it safe on the ground for a few more yards, but that Manning was dropping back and trying to get a TD or a lot closer. If we listen to the post game part of the tape, he calls out "A.V.!" and walks over to shake his hand and says, "I thought you were going to kick one there at the end..."

So, what he "wanted" was the chance for someone to make another play on a Manning pass without letting A.V. kick. That shows a lot of confidence in this young D, IMHO, and a lot of respect, even five years later, for #4.

LOL.

I was very very surprised that BB let himself get miked. I wonder if there was a proviso in which he was allowed to filter the tape and only release the parts he wanted?

I'd have no doubt that someone in the Patriots' Front Office had the final say over what was made public and that what NFL Films sent was pretty well-scrubbed when the Pats received it. I doubt very much that BB gave any time to it in his three days to prepare for Thursday's game.

The arrogant thing was invented out of thin air by the uber-DB's onthe WEEI morning show because the could not think of any other way to criticize him

Fred, Fred, Fred. The arrogant thing was common word about BB looooonnnnngggg before he ever got to New England.

You're giving WEEI way too much credit.

Last edited:
Think Mr. Kraft asked BB if he was ok because of the mic, I can't think of any other reason why he will just come to BB and ask" Are you ok?".

Fred, Fred, Fred. The arrogant thing was common word about BB looooonnnnngggg before he ever got to New England.

You're giving WEEI way too much credit.

I never heard it before and I am a close follower of the Parcells / Belichick coaching tree. I have heard that BB was robotic and unemotional and cool-y logical but not arrogant. But even that is vastly overblown; Tom Landry made BB look like a regular laugh a minute guy.

I think that the arrogant meant that Bill would not go on the morning show and do the Kurt Schilling thing; he was not one of the boys. And beside Dennis and Callahan are kings of the local D-Bags (well actually Borges is right at the top of that dung heap); there was nothing bad or new they could say about BB so they dreamed up the arrogant thing without presenting a shred of evidence.

Wow. I loved watching this. Can't believe that BB knew the play action was coming, told our defense it was coming, but they didn't cover it! OOPS! Oh well this is still a young team back there, at least they shut the door when Manning was marching on that last drive. Great pick by Sanders. It's amazing how well BB is in tune with what's going on and how he communicates that to his players. JUST DO YOUR JOB! True words of wisdom. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back