PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Geez, Two More Fights Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was there. Scrap #1 happened as the D seriously stuffed a goal line run with extreme prejudice, as they fracking well should. To his credit, 1st team center Wendell objected, with extreme physicality. Then everyone except Brady joined in. Gisele really hates this fighting stuff. After the 3 laps which took forever BB had a 2 minute talk with the 90 at mid field. Me, I love the 'tude. Reminds me of the old days with Kontra firing all those dodge balls at the other 4th graders' private parts.

I'm with Gisele too. I don't want Brady in the middle of those fights either. I'm with you about the 'Tude though. I like it. I hope that they save some of this aggression for the rest of the league.

Last edited:
I thought I saw you there, PWP...you're in pretty good shape for an old geez...

Also interesting that a few reporters said Brady "kicked the coaches out" of the huddle for a players-only huddle.

Like a boss!

I'm sure this is nothing serious and everything's going to be fine! But hey, the media will grab anything..

First, great posts on the second page had me choking on my beer...

Second, this d is going to beat the hell out of a lot of teams this year. Hightower, Chung and spikes should be a few major energy providers/tone setters/mean SOBs (if they stay healthy) that prove to be the heart of this defense. Mix that with tempered, heady, veteran leadership in mayo and vince....I'm f*c*ing pumped to see these guys come out flying week one.

Third, this offensive line has me worried. waters is pulling a Favre(ok, maybe not that bad, but WTF already!), and our rock at LT (pains me to say it, I never was too high on matt "false start" light, you could literally watch him cr@p his pants when lining up against a speed rusher, or Jason Taylor) hung them up, and solder worries me, a lot (i pray he bulked up since last year, and I'm talking the whole shebang...best PEDs money can buy...shhhhhh). Cannon...good story but the jury is out. Koppen was never really that good to start and mankins has dealt with not so insignificant injuries lately. Vollmer is a poorly timed sneeze from a blown out back, concussion or both. Gallery...flip a coin.

I love the defensive additions, but really would have loved to see an early round flyer on a tackle.

As a pop warner coach once screamed at a team I was on "if we can't block, it doesn't *****ing matter if Barry Sanders is back there, we aren't going to get anywhere." While this may not be quite the same scenario, we do (more or less) NEED a healthy Tf'nB. Of all the areas on this team, this is what worries me most. What's the plan when Vollmer goes out in preseason and solder gets hurt a few weeks in? Connolly goes down early and mankins isn't ready until week seven? Waters decides not to play (has he mentioned a decision yet?) Gallery goes down and mankins isn't ready to go?

In short, while depth may appear to be there, we are critically dependant on a few bodies, and that scares me.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

I thought I saw you there, PWP...you're in pretty good shape for an old geez...

If you saw someone with an Indiana Jones style hat and VINEYARDS shirt, it was this geezer. I do kickboxing. Non-contact. Reaction times are somewhat slower with age.

First, great posts on the second page had me choking on my beer...

Second, this d is going to beat the hell out of a lot of teams this year. Hightower, Chung and spikes should be a few major energy providers/tone setters/mean SOBs (if they stay healthy) that prove to be the heart of this defense. Mix that with tempered, heady, veteran leadership in mayo and vince....I'm f*c*ing pumped to see these guys come out flying week one.

Third, this offensive line has me worried. waters is pulling a Favre(ok, maybe not that bad, but WTF already!), and our rock at LT (pains me to say it, I never was too high on matt "false start" light, you could literally watch him cr@p his pants when lining up against a speed rusher, or Jason Taylor) hung them up, and solder worries me, a lot (i pray he bulked up since last year, and I'm talking the whole shebang...best PEDs money can buy...shhhhhh). Cannon...good story but the jury is out. Koppen was never really that good to start and mankins has dealt with not so insignificant injuries lately. Vollmer is a poorly timed sneeze from a blown out back, concussion or both. Gallery...flip a coin.

I love the defensive additions, but really would have loved to see an early round flyer on a tackle.

As a pop warner coach once screamed at a team I was on "if we can't block, it doesn't *****ing matter if Barry Sanders is back there, we aren't going to get anywhere." While this may not be quite the same scenario, we do (more or less) NEED a healthy Tf'nB. Of all the areas on this team, this is what worries me most. What's the plan when Vollmer goes out in preseason and solder gets hurt a few weeks in? Connolly goes down early and mankins isn't ready until week seven? Waters decides not to play (has he mentioned a decision yet?) Gallery goes down and mankins isn't ready to go?

In short, while depth may appear to be there, we are critically dependant on a few bodies, and that scares me.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Thank you. As my mother-in-law always says, "If somebody else is worrying about it, I don't have to."

I do kickboxing. Non-contact. Reaction times are somewhat slower with age.

I saw a guy last year at TC who was doing kickboxing. Had a section of the bleachers all to himself. :D

Last edited:
Was tempted to start a TC death pool thread to guess who will be cut first but I like BB's plan of holding gladiatorial fights till the roster trims itself down to 60.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes