PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gee, who do you think deserves the game ball today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeSixPat

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
No matter how ugly the win, and no matter how shaky the offense given 5 turnovers (they've GOT to get that under control - seems like they're averaging 4 a week) the Pats eeked out a W against a what you'd half to consider an elite team (even considering Bears close victories and loss at the hands of the Fins)

But DAMN! Without Asante Samuel - where would we be today? I kindof had a feeling that the D would be the difference today, but Samuel deserves a game ball and more.

Wonder if there's any chance he can pull a "Troy" and go both ways? Another set of hands on the Offense wouldn't be a bad thing.

I'm joking but maybe only half so.

Don't let Big Sey93 slip under the radar.

He had a HUGE game!

You beat me in starting a thread about this. It has to be assante, 3 INT kept us in it after a case of fumbilitis broke out in the offense.

Brady - if not for him Asante's last pick would have been meaningless. And if he had WR's and RB's who could hang onto the ball or make even the slightly tough catch this would have been that rout some were predicting. The Bears got 10 on bogus PI calls on Hobbs and Hawkins when they were othewise dead in the water (or on the field turf :D ).

As Box says Asante gets thrown at more for a reason. It's great he's developing hands though. May cause a problem since he's developed them in his contract season...Hobbs has been playing for weeks in a cast for a broken wrist that kept Tedy out for over a month. He's a couple of inches short of a pro bowler, but talent an technique he's got it all over Asante whose had 3 years and 2 Superbowls to develop.

Would be nice to keep them both, but Asante may want to be paid like more than he is - a ballhawk who makes a lot of tackles along with those INT's.

Last edited:
Asante..lead in tackles...and ints

It's Brady on Offense and Asante on Defense.

Brady should NOT have had that INT on Watson's - should have been catch - that was just a heads up play by Chicago but not the fault of Brady who planted that ball in his arms. The second INT was also suspect...yeah, Brady threw it in traffic, but it was earmarked for Brown...if not for the last minute hit/push on Brady, I believe that ball is not as high, but he does have to be faulted with that pass.

The overall play of Brady was GREAT...over 60% of his passes and he came through when we needed him. He got it done in the 4Qtr with 3 huge plays on that drive...the run for 1st down, the QB sneek and then the TD pass. If not for the Watson INT and then the Watson/Caldwell bumbles, he could have had another TD and we could have had many more points...

A lot of players should get credit today - Brady for example for that outstanding run, Watson, etc.. However I pick Seymour because he was very quick on that key fumble recovery in the red zone that made such a huge swing in the game. Although the Bears had a decent day running the ball, they didn't run it against Seymour because they couldn't.

Seymour is usually double-teamed to protect the QB's blind-side but that also opens up opportunities for the other pass rushers who tend to get the credit.

Another player who I wish the best for is Seau - he was really missed after he was injured.

Last edited:
No matter how ugly the win, and no matter how shaky the offense given 5 turnovers (they've GOT to get that under control - seems like they're averaging 4 a week) the Pats eeked out a W against a what you'd half to consider an elite team (even considering Bears close victories and loss at the hands of the Fins)

But DAMN! Without Asante Samuel - where would we be today? I kindof had a feeling that the D would be the difference today, but Samuel deserves a game ball and more.

Wonder if there's any chance he can pull a "Troy" and go both ways? Another set of hands on the Offense wouldn't be a bad thing.

I'm joking but maybe only half so.

Asante has to get it....especially with the pick to win the game after the Dillon fumble.....a close second would be Ben Watson and/or Caldwell IMHO.....Great game by Caldwell and Watson too......

Asante has to get it....especially with the pick to win the game after the Dillon fumble.....a close second would be Ben Watson and/or Caldwell IMHO.....Great game by Caldwell and Watson too......

Yeah - I got to give Caldwell some love - especially after the amount of grief I gave the guy earlier in the season... but if not for Asante, I think its pretty clear we lose today

We must watch different broadcasts. Or did you not watch? Watson and Caldwell had all they could do to redeem themselves.

To me it is Watson and Jackson who are in the dog house. Watson is big, and fast but he hasn't really gotten all that better than last year. It looked like he was going to break out and to me he hasn't.

Yes I know he has a lot of receptions, but it seems for every one, he has 2 or 3 drops, and lately he has developed fumble-itis when he does catch the ball. I think he isn't where he is supposed to be a lot of the time. On top of that he seems to be really easy to stop. Often falling down himself, or under defenders.

I think of his great play in the last two games of last season and don't think he has played to that level yet all season.

Jackson can't seem to catch in stride. But they keep throwing the long bomb to him.

When I see how badly the offense performs in terms of actually catching what Brady throws, I wonder, do these people even practice together ?

When they don't catch the balls, it is wasting opportunities, that may be the difference between winning and losing.

The players who deserve gameballs (in order of deservidness):
1.) Samuel (he actually has three now)
2.) Seymour (clearly hurt, but played like a monster)
3.) Colvin (pressured Grossman all game)
4.) Brady (one pick wasn't his fault overall a good game)
5.) Warren and Wilfork (both play so well together they can split it)
6.) The o-line (for giving Brady all day to throw)

They should give Watson a game ball, let him savor it for a few minutes, then take it from him and deflate it and burn it for his Jeckyl and Hyde performance today. When he was on, he was great. But he was a disaster at times.

McDaniels. :cool:

McDaniels. :cool:

No kidding. Except for the double reverse which Reche should have aborted, and the uneven officiating which is beyond his control, had they executed today this would have been a blowout. Contrary to some opinion, as usual. ;)

Actually I like that idea of giving Watson a game ball, and than taking it away...etc.

I also think they should have given a game ball to Junior for his incredible example of being the most consistent player on the field through the first ten and a half games. So sad to loose him, but I think the defense is now ready to carry on. Still hoping the offense will eventually turn it's corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back