PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

GBNs Top 100 prospects, 10/3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, based on this list who do you like for the Pats. Say that SF picks between 15-20.

If this is the ranking , these are the ones that catch my eye:
13 - *DeSean Jackson WR 5-11,165 California
17 - *Calais Campbell DE 6-7, 282 Miami
19 - Sam Baker OT 6-4, 310 USC
20 - *Vernon Gholston DE 6-4, 260 Ohio State
22 - *Alex Boone OT 6-7, 325 Ohio State
23 - #Quentin Groves DE 6-4, 255 Auburn

Damn that misisng 1st rounder hurts, a couple of nice LBs in the range.
*James Laurinaitis LB 6-2, 245 Ohio State
*Rey Maualuga LB 6-2, 250 USC

Last edited:
Thanks, based on this list who do you like for the Pats. Say that SF picks between 15-20.

If this is the ranking , these are the ones that catch my eye:
13 - *DeSean Jackson WR 5-11,165 California
17 - *Calais Campbell DE 6-7, 282 Miami
19 - Sam Baker OT 6-4, 310 USC
20 - *Vernon Gholston DE 6-4, 260 Ohio State
22 - *Alex Boone OT 6-7, 325 Ohio State
23 - #Quentin Groves DE 6-4, 255 Auburn

Damn that misisng 1st rounder hurts, a couple of nice LBs in the range.
*James Laurinaitis LB 6-2, 245 Ohio State
*Rey Maualuga LB 6-2, 250 USC

Out of the guys your mention, I think Gholston could be a very good OLB for us, and Laurinaitis and Maualaga could fit in. I really think we need to draft a CB though, so my pick right now would be Ikegwouna or Zenon. Unfortunately, it's not shaping up to be a great year for CBs.

Out of the guys your mention, I think Gholston could be a very good OLB for us, and Laurinaitis and Maualaga could fit in. I really think we need to draft a CB though, so my pick right now would be Ikegwouna or Zenon. Unfortunately, it's not shaping up to be a great year for CBs.

I think the same way, the way it is shaping up I see OLB or OT being taken. CB is not top heavy but we might be able to get good players in round 2-4.

Justin King (Penn State) and Malcom Jenkins (Ohio State) could be high picks and are worth watching.

Something else I just thought of.. I think if the SF pick is top 15 then the contract can be 6 years. Irregardless of the position having a potential starter under control for 6 years (like the good old days) is pretty nice.

Last edited:
I think we go cb. Even, if we sign Asante. Hobbs will be a free-agent after the 08 season. I hope we sign one of them, and draft a corner to replace the other. I've seen all of the PSU games. Even though PSU defense has been good. J.King is not having a great season. He seems to be in good position when covering a receiver. But, doesn't react well when the ball is in the air.
He could leave after this year. But, he's not having a stellar season. Dan Connor on the other hand. Has been having a sensational senior season. He's A little bigger than Poz and might be a good fit for us.

We have to reload at CB sometime soon. I think Samuel and Gay are leaving this offseason and if Hobbs follows in 2008, we are going to be hurting back there.
I watched the kid from Kansas, Aquib or something like that and was not impressed. I also was not impressed with the kid from Wisconsin, Igewanue or something like that.
So far the only CB that I have been really impressed with thus far is Lowery of San Diego State.

My bad. Miguel does have Ellis signed thru 09. I can't believe we got a 3rd round pick to sign for 5 years. I'd be looking to fire my agent if I were him.
I guess it all depends on Asante. We'll know by draft day whether we will have kept Asante or not. If not, we need a cb. But, if there aren't any corners worthy of a high one. We could always take a lb or ol. Or, trade down until we pick where cb would be worthy of that selection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes