Discussion in 'Patriots Draft Talk' started by patsfaninpa, Oct 28, 2009.
Doesn't mean anything at this point. But, nice to take a peak at.
Great Blue North Draft Report
Not a bad list. They've left off a few guys (Everson Griffen, Earl Thomas, Jeremy Beal and Adrian Clayborn, among others), but that's to be expected.
Lot of guys going in the 50-100 range who I would be happy to get:
53. Sean Weatherspoon, LB, Missouri - way too low for him
55. Eric Norwood, LB, South Carolina - ditto
57. Ryan Mathews, RB, Fresno State
60. Gabe Carmini, OT, Wisconsin
67. Lawrence Marsh, DE/DT, Florida
75. Mike Iupati, OG, Idaho
98. Maurkice Pouncey, C, Florida
Not to mention some of the guys in the 28-50 range:, where we should have 3 picks:
28. Rolando McClain, LB, Alabama
30. Jonathan Dwyer, RB, Georgia Tech
31. Jerry Hughes, DE/OLB, TCU
32. Brandon Spikes, LB, Florida
34. Jahvid Best, RB, Cal
38. Bruce Campbell, OT, Maryland
43. Sergio Kindle, DE/OLB, Texas
45. CJ Spiller, RB, Clemson
48. Jared Odrick, DE/DT, Penn St.
That would mean that we would have most of the following players available for consideration:
LB: Rolando McClain, Brandon Spikes, Sean Weatherspoon, Eric Norwood
DE/OLB: Jerry Hughes, Sergio Kindle,Everson Griffen, Jeremy Beal
RB: Jonathan Dwyer, Jahvid Best, CJ Spiller, Ryan Mathews
OL: Bruce Campbell, Gabe Carmini, Mike Iupati, Maurkice Pouncey
DE/DT: Jared Odrick, Lawrence Marsh, Adrian Clayborn
I'd be pretty happy picking up 4-5 of those guys.
If most of those juniors come, should be a good draft. We're rebuilding the defense with young talent. And, can come pretty close to doing it with a younger 3-4 end and an olb who can rush the passer. Sprinkle in some veterans and good health. We're looking pretty good.
With all the juniors coming out, there is going to be tremendous value in the last 10 picks of the first round.
This draft could have 4 or 5 legitimate blue chip prospects: Bradford, Locker, Suh, McCoy and maybe Okrung.
But it definitely is going to have at least 25 to 30 legitimate red ship prospects.
With McClain and Cody sitting in the mid to late 20's, BB has the fire power to snag both, if the draft fell this way.
Separate names with a comma.