PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

GBN 4/1/10 Mock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great Blue North Draft Report

I've liked this site for years but haven't been to it for a while.

I do like their picks for the Patriots.

The only problem with that site is they are NEVER EVER even close on their mock drafts. If you want to find someone who nearly ALWAYS nails the Patriots draft picks then you need to go over the Dallas Sports Columns | Dallas-Fort Worth Sports News | News for Dallas, Texas | Dallas Morning News and wait for Rick Gosselin's "final" mock draft.

The guy is money and has nailed the Patriots pick on numerous occasions. He's so good the Herald usually posts his pick. His final mock comes out right before the draft.

C'mon now, should we all wait to discuss the draft until a couple of days before the draft to get Gosselin's top 100 (and see Vollmer AND Orhnberger) and his final draft?

I agree 100% that Gosselin is in a class of his own.

The only problem with that site is they are NEVER EVER even close on their mock drafts. If you want to find someone who nearly ALWAYS nails the Patriots draft picks then you need to go over the Dallas Sports Columns | Dallas-Fort Worth Sports News | News for Dallas, Texas | Dallas Morning News and wait for Rick Gosselin's "final" mock draft.

The guy is money and has nailed the Patriots pick on numerous occasions. He's so good the Herald usually posts his pick. His final mock comes out right before the draft.

That draft is spot on in terms of need.

Gosselin's final draft is more about his connections and inside info than predictions and analysis. That's why he isn't accurate until 24 hours before the draft, which doesn't help those of us who are trying to get a handle on the shape of things now!

In the GBN mock, the pick of Jason Pierre-Paul to the Giants is a major head-scratcher for me.

Graham OLB
Williams WR
Safford OT/OG
Alualu, DE

That's a good haul in the first 2 rounds. Not high on Safford as others are but I'd love to be proven wrong if we take him.

Gosselin's final draft is more about his connections and inside info than predictions and analysis. That's why he isn't accurate until 24 hours before the draft, which doesn't help those of us who are trying to get a handle on the shape of things now!

In the GBN mock, the pick of Jason Pierre-Paul to the Giants is a major head-scratcher for me.

Eggs-actly, BatGirl. I couldn't have said it any better myself.

And I don't think that the jints will draft JPP, either.

Switch Alualu (who is not a 3-4 DE) for Carrington, and that's a home run.

Switch Alualu (who is not a 3-4 DE) for Carrington, and that's a home run.

Swap the USC receiver for any other WR on the board.....poison!!!!!
DW Toys

Agreed. If McClain isn't there, it should be Dan Williams all the way. *shrug* There are some obvious problem with the first round but the draft isn't 100% predictable anyways, so... whatever. It seems decently credible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes