PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

GB at Dallas game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i agree but they also get to see our defense another time with the advantage of a lot more film. iam confident we can move the ball on them but iam not sure about our D stopping them much either.Plus Dallas always has a decent pass rush, if we have one like against the eagles we will be in trouble.

Please, they almost lost to the Bills. We beat them. You're watching them play the JV team. The Pats will shut down TO and that will be it. Just like last time.

I don't know if Wade could coach this Cowboys team to a victory over the Pats in a SB, but they definitely have the talent to win.
Romo's looking more comfortable with TO as the season progresses.
The Dallas o-line is huge, and would probably run the ball more on us the 2nd time around.

I still feel that Dallas hurt themselves with stupid penalties during the 3rd and 4th quarters against the Pats, when they were still in it. Poor discipline, ala the Giants.

I'd rate this Cowboys team as the 2nd best in the league right now.

I'd love to see Demarcus Ware and Adalius on the same team.

Two weeks ago they beat the Skins 28 - 23. That isn't exactly dominating.

I still have the Colts there. They'll be healthy, I think, come playoff time, and will provide the biggest challenge. As always.

saw this on nfl.com

Adam Schefter

Posted 8:19 PM CT

Went up to Wade Phillips before the game and poked him in the chest and said, "I don't want to see any yawning out of you like in that Diet Pepsi commercial." His reply, "Don't worry, I won't."

1. imagine a reporter doing that to BB.
2. this is what makes BB a bad guy because he doesnt in idiotics like this before a football game

I think Green Bay should let AR stay in at QB.

He looks good.

When Wade Phillips starts grinning and slapping his hands on his leg he looks just like the fat guy who was the diving coach in Back to School. I think he also played the doctor in Fletch. Can't think of his name though.

gumbel always says "he appears to have a first down when clearly the player is 3-4 yards over the first down marker." and gumbel calls interceptions like a punt ..no change in voice.

Two weeks ago they beat the Skins 28 - 23. That isn't exactly dominating.

And 4 weeks ago they beat Philly 38-17. We almost lost to the same team this past week.

Last edited:
When Wade Phillips starts grinning and slapping his hands on his leg he looks just like the fat guy who was the diving coach in Back to School. I think he also played the doctor in Fletch. Can't think of his name though.
Gabby Hayes? Oh, no he's not with us anymore. But Wade reminds me of him. Old Bum Phillips at least looked like an NFL HC, sort of.

Yup, and the 49ers should have taken him over Alex Smith.

Rodgers looked terrible against us last year. Here's his stats for that game...

4 out of 12 passes completed for 32 yards, 0 TD, 0 INT

The whole "they almost lost to x" and "they looked terrible against y" thing rarely pans out....

If Rogers does well Brett will probably rally after the half. And even if his arm is broken in three places, you know he'll be back next week 'cause he is the IRONMAN.

Oh oh, TD for the backup...

And 4 weeks ago they beat Philly 38-17. We almost lost to the same team this past week.

Philly wasn't indicitive of our season. Look at their schedule

Sorry, we'd beat them again 9 10 times. They've been playing a weak schedule.

Sun 9/9 NY Giants W 45-35 Sun 9/16 at Miami W 37-20 Sun 9/23 at Chicago W 34-10 Sun 9/30 St. Louis W 35-7 Mon 10/8 at Buffalo W 25-24 Sun 10/14 New England L 27-48 Sun 10/21 Minnesota W 24-14 bye Sun 11/4 at Philadelphia W 38-17 Sun 11/11 at NY Giants W 31-20 Sun 11/18 Washington W 28-23 Thu 11/22 NY Jets W 34-3

Is Green Bay headed for a Brady-Bledsoe-esque controversy?

Rodgers looked terrible against us last year. Here's his stats for that game...

4 out of 12 passes completed for 32 yards, 0 TD, 0 INT
He was hurt that day, then got hurt some more, IIRC.

I don't know if Wade could coach this Cowboys team to a victory over the Pats in a SB, but they definitely have the talent to win.
Romo's looking more comfortable with TO as the season progresses.
The Dallas o-line is huge, and would probably run the ball more on us the 2nd time around.

I still feel that Dallas hurt themselves with stupid penalties during the 3rd and 4th quarters against the Pats, when they were still in it. Poor discipline, ala the Giants.

I'd love to see Demarcus Ware and Adalius on the same team.

The Packers secondary is absolutely laughable with the exception of Al Harris......The Packers as a whole are getting exposed for who they really are tonight (Feel like Denny Green when I say that) You force Favre back into the gunslinging mode and you get INT's or incompletes........This cowboy team is good....probably #2 in the league....but again Romo is no Brady or Manning etc.....He can be exploited and make huge mistakes....tonight, he has NO real pressure....and can pick apart the GB secondary like shooting fish in a barrel......(I know that Woodson is out......not sure if he could have played considering the winner tonight clinches playoff spot and most likely home field throughout playoffs......)

If Rogers does well Brett will probably rally after the half. And even if his arm is broken in three places, you know he'll be back next week 'cause he is the IRONMAN.

Oh oh, TD for the backup...

Rogers looks like the real deal.

I don't believe Farve is hurt. I believe he is waiting to see if the kid can make a game of it and come back in if he can.

Thats a dangerious game.

I believe McNabb was at the helm in that tilt...:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back