Welcome to PatsFans.com

Gaza.....

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by BritPat, Jul 16, 2014.

1. BritPat

BritPat In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +375 / 4 / -4

#54 Jersey

I'm surprised not to see a thread about the current conflict. The news coverage in the UK is almost wall to wall. I'm currently watching Mark Regev trying to defend the murder of four young Palestinian boys playing football on a beach. With all those millions of dollars spent on the latest equipment, it must have been really difficult to tell them apart from gunmen or someone firing rockets and missiles, right?

2. RI Patriots fan

RI Patriots fan In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +309 / 14 / -26

What would you do if someone starting firing missiles and rockets at your house?

3. BritPat

Ratings:
    +375 / 4 / -4

#54 Jersey

I'd kill their children.

4. BritPat

Ratings:
    +375 / 4 / -4

#54 Jersey

Sorry, I forgot to mention I'm an Israeli.

But seriously, the IDF is one of the most advanced armed forces in the world. There is no defence for the atrocities they've committed. As there is no defence for the actions of the terrorists on the other side.

• Like Like x 3
  5. RI Patriots fan

Ratings:
    +309 / 14 / -26

Ok, so Hamas fires rockets into Israel. Israel fires back trying to knock out these rockets. Hamas uses civilian dwelling places and people as shields. Israel accepts a truce and stops firing....Hamas continues to fire with even more intensity. All of this happens and you blame the Israels and not Hamas.....brilliant. Simply brilliant.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. BritPat

Ratings:
    +375 / 4 / -4

#54 Jersey

Brain-washed by the US media. Tell you what, why don't you take a look round the internet and international media and see what the countries that don't fund Israel to the tune of $3BN a year think about the situation.

Fancy explaining how 4 kids on a beach, playing football, are a threat to anyone? I mean, the IDF doesn't target civilians as they're always saying in interview after interview after more kids and women have been killed - I'm guessing their fancy equipment must have seen some evil terrorist taking shelter under the pitch? Or maybe one of the kids had an explosive vest on, you know, to really set some fireworks off after he scored?

What is happening in Gaza is akin to seeing your next door neighbour knock down part of your fence, so in retaliation you hire a bulldozer and destroy his house and the houses of his entire family.

And I say this as a long time Israel sympathiser.

The situation cannot be ignored any longer, it needs to be sorted.

7. RI Patriots fan

Ratings:
    +309 / 14 / -26

Yes, im the one that's "brain-washed"...not the guy who pays to have a government sponsored news broadcasting network.

Fact: Hamas killed 3 innocent Israeli teenagers first

Fact: Hamas uses human shields to protect their weapons

Fact: Hamas is using its rockets and missiles solely in an offensive manner targeting civilians

Fact: Israel stopped all military shelling to honor a ceasefire

Fact: Hamas refused the ceasefire and increased their rate of fire of rockets and missiles into Israel

Fact: Hamas refused to consider any further ceasefires

Fact: Israel has said that they would be more than willing to have a mutual ceasefire

So why exactly would kids be playing football when they're being shelled? Would you let your kids play football out on the beach if your city was being shelled?

Sadly, innocent people get hurt and killed in war. In no way do I believe that Israel is targeting innocents. If anything they have tried to avoid civilian casualities which is difficult when your enemy is using human shields to hide their weapons.

Do you honestly think that Hamas cares about the people of Gaza? They are using them as martyrs.....anyone with a brain can see this.

Oh, and this is all happening during the "holy" month of Ramadan.....im sure it's just all coincidence. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jul 16, 2014
  8. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,146 / 5 / -10

They'll be doing it long after we are gone and long after our children are gone it's what they do.
    The scary thing is when will Iran use a Nuke?

9. JackBauer

JackBauer Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +915 / 6 / -9

Let me offer you a word of advice: save your breath/fingers. You're absolutely correct, but you won't be able to reason with those who cannot be reasoned with.

Unfortunately given the Israeli political situation, I can't see this ending positively any time soon. From a US perspective, I'd say it's time to cut bait with our rogue client state, but given our political situation, I also don't see that happening any time soon.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +573 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

This is a very small story in the US of A BritPat....

We're being invaded by citizens of other countries on our southern border...so we're all heading down to stop it....that's our #1 story.

Let the middle east worry about their own issues....and boy, do they have issues.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Nunchucks

Nunchucks In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +248 / 19 / -7

You are better off posting this question in the comments section of a Yahoo article or the Boston Herald.

• Like Like x 1
  12. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +154 / 10 / -16

#37 Jersey

The only good thing that ever comes out of these situations is that the left wing Jew haters come out and show their true colors.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. JackBauer

Ratings:
    +915 / 6 / -9

Terrific point. Any criticism of Israel, no matter how well deserved, means we're "Jew haters."

How has your keyboard not short circuited yet, what with all that drool dribbling off your chin?

• Like Like x 4
  14. Nunchucks

Nunchucks In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +248 / 19 / -7

I must be a self-hating half-jew because I think Israel is doing it wrong.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. BritPat

Ratings:
    +375 / 4 / -4

#54 Jersey

Here's a picture of what clearly must have been a terrorist (to the trained eyes of an Israeli gunboat gunner). Oh, and according to an eye witness foreign journalist, two shells were fired. The first hit the quay-side and the gunner seemingly adjusted his sights to hit the beach itself.

Warning, the link is of one of the dead kids. RI - see what your tax dollars are paying for:

https://twitter.com/caseysjournal/status/489415610246262784/photo/1

16. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +781 / 18 / -23

#24 Jersey

It would normally be a fairly big story but with the clusterf*ck that obama has put us in it pales in comparison given that the other affects us directly. The U.S. is weaker than it's been in a long time and the world goes to sh!t all over - surprise ? Not exactly.

17. JackBauer

Ratings:
    +915 / 6 / -9

Yeah, thanks Obama!

18. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +781 / 18 / -23

#24 Jersey

Some isolationist types are probably fine with it, maybe it will be good in the long term who knows. I'm just saying that our southern border is under attack, Iraq is under attack, the Israeli issue is as violent as ever, Assad is sworn in for 7 more years (despite obama saying he must go), etc, etc. The world is messed up right now and I think it's becuase of a weak U.S. Again, maybe this is the better way for us to go and stay out of these Israel, Iraq, Syria messes but it does appear a weak U.S. results in an unusually violent world.

19. RI Patriots fan

Ratings:
    +309 / 14 / -26

Thanks for not even trying to dispute any of the facts that I laid out. Good to see we agree on something.

20. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,146 / 5 / -10

Remember a few years ago in America when anybody in public life who dared to criticize anything Israel did was immediately branded Anti Semite by the Left Wing Liberal Media and their lives were ruined forever.
    How Times Change
    The Lefty's Suddenly Fell Madly In Love With Islam (screwballs)