Welcome to PatsFans.com

Gay marriages begin in Connecticut

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by weswelker#83, Nov 12, 2008.

1. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

2. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

One thing that i will never understand about people is they worry about their 'rights' when the economy is going SOUTH.
  3. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

I'm so surprised you don't understand.
  4. Lifer

Lifer Banned

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

Uh-Oh, the Black Churches in South Windsor, Vernon, and Manchester arent going to like this....( see above thread....) :)
  5. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

you are right. I don't understand why some of us want to have the right to screw up family tradition.
  6. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Country music singers
    have always been a real close family
    but lately some of my kin folks
    have disowned a few others and me
    i guess its because
    i kinda changed my direction
    i guess i went and broke the family tradition

they get on me wanna know Hank
    why do you drink?
    (Hank) why do you roll smoke?
    Why must you live out the songs that you wrote?
    over and over
    everybody made my prediction
    so if i get stoned
    I'm just carryin'
    on an old family tradition

I am very proud
    of my daddys name
    although his kinda music
    and mine ain't exactly the same
    stop and think it over
    put yourself in my position
    if i get stoned and sing all night long
    it's a family tradition

Don't ask me Hank
    why do you drink?
    Why must you live out the songs that you wrote?
    If I'm down in a Honky-Tonk
    Some ol' slicks tryin to give me corrections
    I'll say leave me alone
    I'm singin all night long
    it's a family tradition

Lordy, I have loved some ladies
    and I have loved Jim Beam
    and they both tried to kill me
    in 1973
    when that doctor asked me
    Son how did you get in this condition
    I said hey sawbones I'm just carryin on
    an old family tradition

So don't ask me Hank
    why do you drink?
    Why must you live out the songs you wrote?
    Stop and think it over
    Try and put yourself in my unique position
    If I get stoned and sing all night long
    It's a family tradition!
  7. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

There are certain things that you don't want to do in life. Gay marriage is one of them and it has nothing to do with your 'rights'.
  8. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Because..........Why?................
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2008
  9. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

1-Not good for society.
    2-Not good for family.
    3-Not good for your health.
  10. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

Prove it or STFU.
  11. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +303 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

So now we aren't allowed to have an opinion without being able to provide absolute proof ?

I have no idea about health, God knows I'll never try to find out. However I agree that it's not good for families and therefore not good for society. Sorry I can't prove it. But you can't prove the other side either so does that mean you have to STFU ?
  12. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

No, it means you can't cite intangible, unprovable reasons for removing other people's rights. Duh.

Oh and why don't you just mind your own goddamn business and stop "social engineering." Nobody gives a crap what you think is best for society.
  13. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

By telling you a true story, i'll be able to prove my 3 points. I know 3 gay friends and one of them is my 'neighbor' and the two are friends of my friends. I'm straight.

Case 1: My neighbor was a married man but he changed AFTER his wife and daughter were killed in an accident. I asked my neighbor why he chose his cousin as his partner for 30 years instead of somebody else. He told me that it was SAFE that way. Of course, they meet each other every saturday and have a vacation one or time a year. His family doesn't know about it.

Case 2: My friend asked me if I could help his cousin about computer. I agreed. I and my friend went to Beverly Hill in CA to meet his cousin because he lives there. His cousin was nice enough to pick me up and took me to a delicious sandwich place in LA and showed me Beverly Hill. Yes, I know where Dr Phil lives. Hell, I even got my picture taken in Beverly Hill. Everything was nice. Before going back to his house in Beverly, I and my friend cousin had a conversation and he told me that he went to Italy for fashion and i told him that you went there because of Italian girlfriend and he told me that he went there because of his 'boyfriend'. I was shocked and surprised. My friend looked at me and didn't say anything. Here was a guy who paid us a DINNER and drove me around Beverly and i asked him indirectly if he was gay or NOT. What was I thinking?

I went to his house and spent the night there because it was too late. I saw his 'partner' in the house and greeted. I and my friend left the next day and I asked him if his cousin ever 'asked' him and he said YES but he REFUSED. What a relief!

Case 3: I stayed home on a boring friday night and my friend asked me if i wanted to go to her friend party in Laguna Beach. I said SURE. We went there and had fun and stayed there for 1 night. I was about to go to bed after drinking and eating too much. I heard some funny noise at 1 am in the morning. My reaction was WTF. I and othe people WALKED up STAIR. I heard somebody said that black and white dudes were in the room. "GAY" and "gentlement" WERE so LOUD that i decided to go back to sleep. My friend son asked his mother about this gay thing and she told him and I didn't know what to say.
  14. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

without reading this nonsense, I can promise you that nobody will take your garbage anecdote as evidence for your generalizations. Scientists would laugh you out of the room.

EDIT - Now that I've read them, are you drunk, high or just mentally disabled?
  15. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Why am I surprised? It is the reason you see a teacher fcking a student, an uncle fcking a cousin, and the list of other disgusting behaviors in a society.

Your ignorance and attitude is the only reason which we have a dysfunctional society and family.

'Right' is a broad term and everybody abuses it too much. If i don't tell you that you don't have any right to KILL / HURT other people, everybody will kill each other.
  16. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +303 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

I don't believe marriage is a right. As we have discussed before it's a privilege that others don't have - polygamists, for example.

It's my opinion. That's what we do here, you know, we give our opinions.
  17. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

your ignorance and attitude are UNACCEPTABLE. Gay people have 'psychology' problems. I'm a disabled person because I DISAPPROVE your gay behavior? Screw that.

The difference between you and me is I am NOT afraid of SPEAKING OUT on certain issues.

don't tell me STFU when i don't do that to you. You don't like what I read. Who cares? Too bad. Take it like a man.
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2008
  18. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

find me a psychologist or study that supports this stupid idea. You calling me ignorant is the most ironic thing I think I've ever heard.
  19. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Remember my friend gay counsin in my previous post? He goes to see his 'psychologist' every month.

A marriage has been between man and woman for centuries UNTIL weirdos like you ARRIVE and come up with RIGHTS and everything turns UPSIDE DOWN.

You were not born as a GAY person. You are gay because of your bad relationship with opposite sex member. If you are not happy with an opposite sex member, how could you possibly tell me that you are happy with your 'own' kind?

Let me end your pathetic misery right now.
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2008
  20. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

two people of the same sex arrainging their lifestyle to get the same tax benefits and rights as everyone else does NOT HARM ANYONE. Mind your own goddamn business, this is a free country.

It's amazing just how stupid and shortsighted conservatives are. 150 years ago it was harmful for society to free slaves, then give women the vote, then blacks the vote, then ending segregation and allowing interracial marriages. All of these things were going to be the "downfall of society" according to people like you and now it's gay marriage.

When will you clowns realize that you are wrong? Will it take yet another civil rights movement? Riots? what? Seriously what the hell will it take to get it through your thick self-centered skulls that you don't get to decide how other people live their lives?

50 years from now your grandchildren will be embarrassed that there grandparents were such bigots. They'll say things like "well it was just the times they grew up in" and spew the same rationalizations for why their family was on the wrong side of history. The fact that history repeats itself in such an obvious manner only further demonstrates just how far your heads are up your own asses.