PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gay leaves NY without offer

Mangina is like that little dog that hangs around the big dog (BB) and repeats everything he says with approval.

Except now he has his own team and HE has to make the decisions. If BB farts in the direction of a player, Mangina is suddenly there sniffing around.

At first I thought he was just trying to piss BB off, but now I'm thinking he just doesn't hava an F'ing clue what he is doing and he is just hoping to trim some scraps from BB's (or more accurately - Pioli's) genius when it comes to evaluating player talent.

Courting Gay made a little sense because he has some history with him and it is a known quantity... but now being interested in James after BB shows some interest. It's funny stuff.

I think that Mangini was scoping out the situation for some future christmas shopping... Gay will be available in 2008 and Mangini just wants to remind him where is and what he might offer.

Teams that are planning to be contenders for years to come plan ahead more than just one year buddy. If it's news to you, then get with the program. That's what long term contracts are all about, even the way they are structure. The draft, etc. Also, Charles Grant (franchised by the Saints this year) visited Tampa to talk about their plans on signing him next year. It's not that hard to understand, sometimes teams like a player and want to let him know that they are interested and will patiently wait till the time is right. Kinda gives them an advantage sometimes over other teams.
hey cool it man. its my opinion, and guess what it only football, my advise is to get some hobbies if you get this emoitional over a stupid football post, try a nice walk

At first I thought he was just trying to piss BB off, but now I'm thinking he just doesn't hava an F'ing clue what he is doing and he is just hoping to trim some scraps from BB's (or more accurately - Pioli's) genius when it comes to evaluating player talent.

How can you say that Mangini doesn't have a clue about what he is doing? Did you see the steady improvement by the Jets last year? In a year or two, they will be our worst nightmare, probably a carbon copy of the Pats. He's a good coach and he knows what he is doing. What do you expect? He learned from BB and BP

They have until April 20 to sign him to an offer sheet.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back