PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gasper: Woods re-signed to new deal (not tender)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah,we are saved,and here I thought we were going to lose such a valuable guy in a year or two !!!! :rolleyes:

Woods= good Special Teamer+good team guy+adequate depth OLB who knows and plays within the system.

What's not to like?

Also, not a pass-rusher, but not the worst backup OLB in the world.

Very good on ST as well.

Isn't he the guy who couldn't hold on to a fumble recovery in TGTSNBM?:confused:

Good move here.

Welcome back. From everything I've read he's one of the real good locker room guys. The youngsters always seem to praise him.

Woods is good depth and is a pretty good STer. I don't see what there isn't to like.

Woods= good Special Teamer+good team guy+adequate depth OLB who knows and plays within the system.

What's not to like?

Judging by what I assume will be the forthcoming responses in this thread, quite a bit.

That said, Woods is a fine backup and special teamer.

Good on Pierre.

Great signing...no matter what his detractors have to say it is a great signing for the team.

Any guesses on the terms of his new contract?

At the least the Patriots have added depth to their outside linebacker corps and retained a valuable special teams contributor.

He is what he is. Good ST and depth with a possibility of adding more to the regular D in the future

If Woods, who has just one career sack, in four seasons can develop as a pass rusher, he could turn out to be quite a bargain.

Hold on there Gaspar, let's not get carried away.:D
---

Seriously, nothing wrong with a versatile backup and part time starter. these are the players that have made the pats over the years. let's add a stud and maybe a vet and see if we can finally turn this LB corps around.

Eric Alexander? I think we can use that spot to develop someone with more potential.

Last edited:
yeah...its awesome

he's going to make all the difference in the world

LMFAO

Depth is almost as important as quality starters. In this case, Woods has proven that he can be good depth and has knowledge of the system. For just over $1M, I don't see why not. Nobody's expecting him to be a difference maker (if they are, they should probably stop watching football) but this a good move and is a step in the right direction.

Isn't he the guy who couldn't hold on to a fumble recovery in TGTSNBM?:confused:

No, He's the guy who recovered the fumble, was DOWN, and the referees refused to blow the whistle. Just like on the miraculous play from horseface jr to david Tyree.

No, He's the guy who recovered the fumble, was DOWN, and the referees refused to blow the whistle. Just like on the miraculous play from horseface jr to david Tyree.

Actually, you didn't support your "No" by adding those details.

dept at a position that suffer an injury all most every year is very good.

Good signing, nothing to get too excited about though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots