PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gasper: Warren, Crable, Ohrnberger, LeVoir, Richard to A/PUP, Tate, Porter to A/NFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Gasper: Warren, Crable, Ohrnberger, LeVoir, Richard to A/PUP, Tate, Porter to A/N

What is the "Belichick Test"? :D Sorry for the stupid question, but you made me curious!

Very same question was posed to patriots.com which was answered by Andy Hart on 8/5/03. Part of me does believe that Crable didnt make the times.

"The conditioning run consists of a set of 20 sprints run with specific time limits based on position grouping. The offensive and defensive linemen must run 40-yard sprints in under six seconds. Tight ends, linebackers, quarterbacks and fullbacks must run 50-yard sprints in under seven seconds each. And defensive backs, wide receivers and running backs must run 60-yard sprints in under eight seconds. All the players get a 30 second rest between each sprint and a short break at the halfway point of the test. Normally the players take the run before the start of camp in regular shorts and t-shirts, but Bill Belichick has been known to make those who fail initially take the test in full pads when they retest."

Last edited:
Re: Gasper: Warren, Crable, Ohrnberger, LeVoir, Richard to A/PUP, Tate, Porter to A/N

Ohrnberger tweaked a hammy during conditioning runs.

Ohrnberger tweaked a hammy during conditioning runs.

Any insight into Crable?

Crable, Warren on PUP - Reiss' Pieces - Boston.com

Gasper says all 5 of the PUPs are Active/PUP, meaning they can return to practice at any time.

(UPDATED): Gasper now reports that Tate and Porter went on the Active/Non-Football Injury list, meaning they are treated like the Active/PUP and still count against the 80-man roster. Therefore, they are not out six weeks at this point. The initial report had them on Reserve/NFI.

Come on.....what is wrong with Crable? This must be a wake up call to the kid......maybe his conditioning is off? I thought he did well in OTA's?......time will tell I guess.....

Last edited by a moderator:

Maybe the turf monster got him.

Not again. I thought they had that thing contained....

Any insight into Crable?

His legs broke in half when he tried to make the run. ;)

To me the surprise is that Tate and Porter are on ACTIVE NFI.....Not reserve. It's an option that will be there going forward, but it also means that two more will need to be cut before camp.

Two less cuts, actually, if those guys do end up on Reserve lists, as opposed to if there were 80 people now NOT counting them.

Conversely, Warren and hopefully Crable are cuts-of-somebody-else waiting to happen.

Last edited:

Look on the bright side. Mayo and Meriweather are not on any list.

Also, last year as many as 19-20 players were on PUP.
Actually that is not close. Starting off camp, on NFI were RB Green-Ellis, OL Kaczur and S Harrison. On Pup were WR Welker, OLs Wendell, Ross and Neal, DLS JGreen and Wright LBs Vrabel and Ruud and CB Hobbs. Also missing from the first practice was TE Watson, although not formerly on a list, if one is out of practice one may consider it LIKE PUP until one practices. So even with Watson it was 13. From that point on it can ONLY be lowered as once a player practices PUP eligibility disappears.

Actually that is not close. Starting off camp, on NFI were RB Green-Ellis, OL Kaczur and S Harrison. On Pup were WR Welker, OLs Wendell, Ross and Neal, DLS JGreen and Wright LBs Vrabel and Ruud and CB Hobbs. Also missing from the first practice was TE Watson, although not formerly on a list, if one is out of practice one may consider it LIKE PUP until one practices. So even with Watson it was 13. From that point on it can ONLY be lowered as once a player practices PUP eligibility disappears.

Pats 1 pointed this out earlier. I was probably thinking of the
players unavailable to play in the early preseason games.

Pats 1 pointed this out earlier. I was probably thinking of the
players unavailable to play in the early preseason games.
That was probably the case as at different times during the preseason there were a LOT injured..upwards of 20 or so...That is quite true. But PUP is quite a different thing...this year a lot less than others.

This list is most notable for who is not on it.

And so grows the Legend of Chicken Legs.

This is getting hilarious.

Cliff Avril (and Connor Barwin, and Lawrence Sidbury) keeps looking better & better.

This list is most notable for who is not on it.
I agree...it's a VERY SMALL list...6...in other years it has been double that amount. Although things MIGHT change before tomorrow...and ther MAY BE some that will not be on that list and still not practicing. JarvisG has been a lot like Willie Mac...a slow one to get into practice each season...Nothing at all wrong with that and dealing with past injuries and conditions.

Well, as I understand it, that list should include anyone who had to arrive a day early - including rookies and rehabbing veterans.

Thus you get a couple rookies (Ohrnberger, Richard) and rehabbing players (Warren, LeVoir). So, all vets coming off injury or surgery, should have been tested for conditioning and rehab.

There is a notable rehabbing vet not on this list, which means fully cleared for contact, which I think is the news of the day.

And so grows the Legend of Chicken Legs.

This is getting hilarious.

Cliff Avril (and Connor Barwin, and Lawrence Sidbury) keeps looking better & better.

It's the picture of Crable jumping over an offensive lineman that has everyone all tingly in the shorts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back