PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gasper: Taylor has surgery, likely done for season

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should've been here for the Reche Caldwell year.

All that guy did was sign for little money, make 70+ receptions, hold that WR corps together by scotch tape..........yet people didn't "like his eyes".

For the record, he had 61 catches (which is certainly respectable) but had a cataclysmic drop which cost the Pats an appearence in SB 41.

Quite frankly, those stats where more inidcitive of Brady being a suprememly accurate QB by putting the ball where it needed to be as opposed to RC creating great seperation.

BB gave him a shot to make the team in 07 camp and didnt get it done.

Consensus: Marginal talent who was a product of the system who performance was by in large uneven.

Re: Not done!

Didn't Belichick say something similar when it came to questions about Adalius Thomas arm injury last season right after it happened?...weeks later he was put on IR.

Doesn't sound like he specified what year he would be back. :D

Awwwww maaaaaaan. I never even heard about him gettin hurt! Egh. Man that f-in sucks!

This is sh!t.

The situation I mean, not the report. I thought Seau was done with us after he decided to snap his arm in two though...

mgteich posted this comment on another thread, and I support this view 100%.

Maroney averaged more than 4.4 yards per carry in his first two seasons. For his career, he has averaged over 4.6 yards per carry when he carries more than 20 times per game. Just GIVE HIM THE BALL.

There are no style point in the NFL. It doesn't matter whether he get his yards inside or out. We have Morris for short yardage. And if Maroney is the base 1st and 2nd yard back, he will get lots of yards receiving in ADDITION to his running yards. He will spead the defense because of the threat of him as a receiver.

So, for me, it is not a matter of Maroney putting up or being demoted in his 5 or 6 carries per game. It is a matter of commitment to the running game and to the same three running backs that we had in 2007. We will have Green-Ellis if we need him. Hopefully, we will have both Green-Ellis and Taylor for the playoffs. In the meantime, let's develop a solid, normal, running game, with Maroney as the lead back.

And yes, it would be good to see a FB or a TE in there blocking for Maroney and protecting Brady!!!

Maroney isn't made of glass, and he's a damned fine back. New England will do just fine in the running game. Yes, it would be quite nice to get Taylor back for the post-season, but those still in the mix are more than capable of taking care of business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back