PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gasper: Taylor has surgery, likely done for season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Treating Ankle Sprains
The ankle can also roll outward and sustain an “eversion” type injury,
but this is a bit less common and can usually be found in fracture conditions.

The ligaments involved in this injury type are the ones located on the lateral,
or outer, aspect of the ankle. The three major ones located here are:
the anterior talo-fibular,
the posterior talo-fibular,
and the calcaneo-fibular ligaments.
1714-f1.jpg

Last edited:
Definitely too bad. BJGE is no Taylor but he can help fill some of the hole that's left.

when will they announce if he is going on IR or not?

hopefully he doesn't, and gets better at the end of the seaon to have him for the last stretch of the season, and hopefully the playoffs.

edits - its my understanding that if a player goes in IR that he is not allowed to play again for the season. But also signifies that the team wants him for the following season? Is this correct?

Last edited:
Real bad news. If he's likely done for season, then he's likely done for career. Thanks for everything you've done for us so far, Freddy. Hopefully I'm wrong and you return to either us or the NFL next season.

The Pats must be the most injury riddled team of the decade, we can never catch a good break. Taylor has a 100 yard game, get's hurt, and now we lose him, thank goodness we didn't cut BJGE.

I think Maroney is going to get a chance to be a true feature back now. BB willl throw him into the fire and give him a chance to get into a rhythm and see how good or bad he really is...and if he can hold up and carry the load. I think he'll surprise a lot of people if he can stay healthy. And now whenever Maroney is in the game, opposing teams aren't going to necessarily know what kind of play is coming 90% of the time.

Thank God we kept BJGE, but I just don't see him being much of a factor unless another one of our backs gets hurt.

I think Maroney is going to get a chance to be a true feature back now. BB willl throw him into the fire and give him a chance to get into a rhythm and see how good or bad he really is...

Why would Maroney get a chance to get in a rhythm just because Taylor got injured? A feature back needs to have the ability to run between the tackles ... that's not Maroney. The other RB's will pick up a few carries ... Belichick doesn't feature a back except maybe when the weather is poor.

Last edited:
I wonder if we'll grab Kyle Eckel or some other free agent.

Maroney will ABSOLUTELY be leaned on more now. I understand some of the folks who don't have patience for the guy will be depressed about that, but it seems awfully silly to pretend that this doesn't force LoMar into the spotlight a bit. Let's hope he can do better than he has, and better than the haters think he can. I'm looking forward to seeing improvement and the dynamic weapon I think he has the potential to be.

when will they announce if he is going on IR or not?

hopefully he doesn't, and gets better at the end of the seaon to have him for the last stretch of the season, and hopefully the playoffs.

edits - its my understanding that if a player goes in IR that he is not allowed to play again for the season. But also signifies that the team wants him for the following season? Is this correct?

No, that's not correct. It doesn't signify anything in regards to next season. Once the season ends he's in the same boat as any healthy player.

Last edited:
No, that's not correct. It doesn't signify anything in regards to next season. Once the season ends he's in the same boat as any healthy player.

Under the CBA I don't believe teams are allowed to cut a player who is injured. But they can IR him and then cut him once he's healthy if they no longer want his services. That's what we did with Tank Williams.

This injury brings back memories of AD's injury mid season last year when we all thought he was going to heal and be ready for week 12 or so but then suddenly got put on IR ...Unfortunately I see a similar scenerio playing out here

The point of placing him on IR would be to clear a roster spot.

Bummer about Taylor, I hope he can come back in time for the playoffs!

Not sold on BJGE for the long haul but Morris has looked great so far at least. I'd like to see LoMo in the I a little more with Morris too.

This ******* sucks!!! This was my fear as soon as i saw him gingerly going to the sidelines. He was our best chance at a consistent running game now we will def not stick to the run when it benefits us to do so.

I fear that TFB will be throwing at least 40 passes a game now if maroney doesnt show he deserves those reps

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes