PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gasper: Springs doesn't want to retire, after all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Springs, 13-year veteran, was taken aback when a host on ESPN's "First Take" asked him about possible retirement, and his answer, he feels, was misinterpreted.
Leave it to BSPN to misinterpret something :D

Well, he's great depth to have and it certainly doesn't hurt to have more veteran presence within the defense. If he wants to come back, I'll have him.

It's great to have a veteran presence on the team, now if they could just perform that would be a bonus.

this is great news. i hope they cut him. :D

The can cut him in this no-cap year as soon as we have replacements for both him and Bodden and we are willing to count on Butler, Wheatley and Wilhite.

Please remind us when these conditions have been met. :)

this is great news. i hope they cut him. :D

Am I the only one who knew the Media totally misinterpreted his comments yesterday. Go back and read them and you can clearly tell he was just saying that you think about it every offseason but that he still wanted to play.

I like him for depth and certain matchups. I think it's good to have a variety of corners so you can mix it up depending on the gameplan, and his experience can only help us.

As always though, I expect a few bodies to be brought in via free agency and the draft to compete for spots in camp. Springs is certainly not incapable of being cut if we get a few surprise hits, like a McGowan type situation from this past camp.

Misinterpreted? I don't know about that. I watched the interview live yesterday, and I thought he gave every indication that he was "considering" retirement. He said something along the lines of, "It wouldn't be fair to make a definitive statement about that" which strikes me as at least thinking about calling it quits.

Last edited:
The can cut him in this no-cap year as soon as we have replacements for both him and Bodden and we are willing to count on Butler, Wheatley and Wilhite.

Please remind us when these conditions have been met. :)

I hope your not gonna hold your breath...........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots