PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gasper/Schefter: Rodney has torn quad muscle, out for season

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadMoFo

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
So long ole chum. Hope Schefter is wrong.

HARRISON INJURY COULD BE CAREER ENDING
Posted by Michael David Smith on October 21, 2008, 10:51 a.m. EDT
Patriots safety Rodney Harrison may have played his last NFL game Monday night.

Harrison was carted off the field against the Broncos, and Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that he suffered a season-ending, and potentially career-ending, torn quad muscle.

Harrison will turn 36 in December, and his contract expires after this season, and there’s a good chance that he will not be back in the NFL in 2009.

If Harrison is done, the historical record will show that he played 15 seasons (nine for the Chargers and six for the Patriots), was selected to two Pro Bowls, and is the only player in NFL history with 30 interceptions and 30 sacks.

Re: Rodney: torn quad muscle

The question is who will take his place?Its insane the injuries this team has had this year.

Wow. That sounds amazingly painful.

Legendary safety, amazing guy.

Damn these injuries. And its not like we're gonna miss them for weeks, they are for the whole season ARRGHH!!!! Just hope someone steps up.

Best wishes, 37!!!!!!!

I have always liked the edge he brings to the D. Luckily, this seems to be a very good draft year for the SS position.

Unfortunately...I think Adam is correct..career ending?? I hope not..but it sounds bad..not a great way to go..I feel sad about all of this. Holley just said he thinks that is it for Rodney..talking about having a vet prescence..Lynch??

Rodney had lost a step as it is. This type of injury likely will slow him even further.

Lynch? Likely in today, IMO.

Law? He must be asking for a mint if he is not in Dallas yet. They are very desparate and Jerry Jones Steinbrenner usually likes his trophies.

Ugh...this is such sad news:( I hope he doesn't decide to end his career though I guess you can't blame him if he does. You want some quality of life after football.

I hope he sticks around next year in some capacity-he's so valuable in so many ways.

Thank You Rodney :rocker:and good luck. I hope Schefter's wrong:(

Get well soon Rodney. It has been an honor and a privilege to watch you play for the last 6 seasons

Torn quads NEVER heal completely.

He'll just keep pulling it and pulling it over and over again if he tries to come back.

The only good thing about this is that it's not going to require extensive rehab.

Once you tear a quad, you have to let it heal. It's not like you can lift weights and strengthen it.

It just doesn't work that way. In other words, lots of sitting around for Rodney.

What a great player we had the privilege of watching for New England.

By comparison, our other safeties have always looked completely confused and out of sorts back there.

Merriweather and Sanders need to grow up in a hurry. We also lose our extra linebacker on the field, and I'm pretty sure that that part of Rodney's game is irreplaceable.

I feel like this is all my fault. I just changed my avatar the other day. I had that Rodney pic forever and the one week I decided to change it, look what happened?
It really hurt to see that. :cry2:

So long ole Rodney. Thanks for everything. You brought a lot of emotion to this team.

I love Rodney and all that he has been for this organization but its time to move on.Get young at safety with the draft.The guy was definetly a warrior for this team all through the years and a great teammate.

Best wishes, Rodney. Hopefully all is well and if this is your last game, thank you for all the memories buddy!

On the bright side, Meriweather is starting to really come on. He looked like a beast last night. If he has to sub for Rodney and is back there with James Sanders, I like our safety position. I'm also calling that Wheatley will be active next week and in the line-up.

It's hard to believe that we might have been watching his last play last night. But what a career he's had. He deserves to be in the Hall of Fame. I'll be sad to see him go.

I hope Meriweather is ready to step up.

Bummer, the guy has been such a warrior. I hope he tries his hand at coaching.

Torn quads NEVER heal completely.

He'll just keep pulling it and pulling it over and over again if he tries to come back.

The only good thing about this is that it's not going to require extensive rehab.

Once you tear a quad, you have to let it heal. It's not like you can lift weights and strengthen it.

It just doesn't work that way. In other words, lots of sitting around for Rodney.

What a great player we had the privilege of watching for New England.

By comparison, our other safeties have always looked completely confused and out of sorts back there.

Merriweather and Sanders need to grow up in a hurry. We also lose our extra linebacker on the field, and I'm pretty sure that that part of Rodney's game is irreplaceable.

:( that doesn't sound promising-good info, thanks.

Feel sad to see him go out this way. For all the efforts and heart with which he has played each year, he deserves to go out with a ring. (Can the players think in the same manner and motivate themselves to get one just for Rodney??)

Hats-off my favourite warrior! It was a treat to see the spirit with which you motivated our team and the intensity with which you played. Your brilliant sound bites will be missed and I am sure the players are going to sorely miss the leadership you bring to the locker room and field. :(

Wish the Pats D doesn't sink like a rudderless ship as it did a few years back when Harrison was out injured. Hopefully we learnt from that experience.

It's a damn shame. If we are going to look on the positive side, at least Meriweather will become one of the young team leaders. He's a good player, and hopefully Rodney will stick around and help him to become the consummate team player.

Rodney had lost a step as it is. This type of injury likely will slow him even further.

Lynch? Likely in today, IMO.

Law? He must be asking for a mint if he is not in Dallas yet. They are very desparate and Jerry Jones Steinbrenner usually likes his trophies.

Hurts to think of this team without Rodney. He has lost a step, but there's still a place for him. I wouldn't count him out yet. He still has value on running downs even if he loses another step.

I'd love to see Law come back and play the position Rodney was for passing downs - which was close to the line covering slot WRs & TEs in the flat. Law has the speed/size combo for it, maybe not height, but he has the physicality for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes