PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gasper: Maroney Ready to Run Hard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, Maroney is gone in my books. His running is precious and his kick return today was diabolical.

He strikes me as someone who thinks about things and tries to finesse the play rather than just smashing forward for yardage.

I really don't think LoMo suits the Patriots style of running the ball.

In fairness to the fans who booed. Maybe they were Booing Belichick for putting him in the game when he has several better options.

i'd boo belichick for running Maroney out there for kick off returns. His long was shorter than the Raven's average.

The truth will set you free.

Maroney is a Bust.

Morris can run behind this OL. Taylor can run behind this OL. BJGE. But, for some unexplained reason the NE OL doesnt block for old soft shoe Lawrence Maroney.

can't agree more. It was painful to watch him stutter during the kick off returns :mad:

He is a bust alright. But guess what, we have 3 2nd rounders next year and 2 1st the year after that :eat2: hope is a good thing :)

The truth will set you free.

Maroney is a Bust.

Morris can run behind this OL. Taylor can run behind this OL. BJGE. But, for some unexplained reason the NE OL doesnt block for old soft shoe Lawrence Maroney.

How about as a third down back? He has good hands. He is good in space. He can pass block. He is adequate on KO returns. Could he be the future replacement for #33. ( I'm trying to make chicken salad out of chicken dung here guys )

Cut his ass. He sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How about as a third down back? He has good hands. He is good in space. He can pass block. He is adequate on KO returns. Could he be the future replacement for #33. ( I'm trying to make chicken salad out of chicken dung here guys )

well, now you are scaring me, replacement for #33 ?? I'm imagining a situation here, if it helps..

3rd and 1, game on line, LM lines up behind Brady. I leave it for your imagination ( shudders at the thought ) :scared:

"There is no way he is being cut because the kid has talent, it shows on a few plays. It has to be some sort of a mental thing with him as to why it isnt consistant"

How many years should we wait?
He's a bust plain and simple. Move on and draft another RB next year.

well, now you are scaring me, replacement for #33 ?? I'm imagining a situation here, if it helps..

3rd and 1, game on line, LM lines up behind Brady. I leave it for your imagination ( shudders at the thought ) :scared:

No, I meant Larry Bird.

Yes he has

The Waltz, Funky Chicken and Texas Two Step are my favorites.

LMAO :D

Message too short ridiculousness...come on what is going on with that!!

Direct snap to LM and he runs to the wrong goal line because his hair was in his eyes

Direct snap to LM and he runs to the wrong goal line because his hair was in his eyes

:rofl: I can really imagine that :eek: Now that IS a scary thought

Last edited:
I'm thinking they need to showcase him in a few games that aren't close and trade him, since he has a year on his contract.

Guess they could trade him until the 20th. He could help some team with a crappy QB. For us, he has no confidence and will never have the move the chains style that complements a team with a Brady and Moss.

Some crappy team that could use a guy capable of breaking big runs. No need on a team with Brady that can throw for 10-20 yards at will.

Maybe if one of the haters could back up Maroney's alleged lack of performance with some real numbers, I would start to feel similarly.

So far I haven't seen it.

Maroney is a mysterious creature, no doubt about it. Under the tutelage of Faulk and now Taylor, I think he's going to turn it on this year and it wouldn't surprise me if he's revered along the lines of Lord Faulk around these parts 4-5 years hence.

I don't mean to say he'll EVER manage to be the load-bearer, but he could become that third-down nightmare we'll be looking to replace in a couple of years.

Makes you think though, Faulk and Taylor sure have been impressive.

Yup Lomo ran awfully hard for those 6 yards on 7 rushes. :p In fact, Brady outrushed Lomo in that game! Scary thought, huh?

NFL Game Center: Baltimore Ravens at New England Patriots - 2009 Week 4

I will say that the Ravens are a tough team to run on, but wow, sub 1.0 ypc? We've been waiting 2 years and 4 weeks for Maroney to bust out. How much longer do we need to wait?

Last edited:
Maybe if one of the haters could back up Maroney's alleged lack of performance with some real numbers, I would start to feel similarly.

So far I haven't seen any. And unless someone presents some actual real data to the contrary, Bill Belichick's opinion > "he dances too much".

Uh, okay. Maybe if one of the haters could back up Maroney's alleged lack of performance with some real numbers, I would start to feel the same way.

So far I haven't seen any. And unless someone presents some actual real data to the contrary, Bill Belichick's opinion > "he dances too much".

As said before, in BB I trust blah blah blah... but as is also pointed out above, stopping dead in your tracks on a kick return is just the last straw. I'm now seeing the urgent calls for him to get the ball in space... and how he's a beast in space... maybe that's how to use him, who knows. One more receiver I suppose but out of the backfield. Maybe it's time to admit for every Mayo there's a LoMo and leave it at that.

I don't care where he goes or how well he does (my money is on him not doing well) as long as it is NOT with the New England Patriots. I am done with this useless waste of alleged talent. I hope the Patriots are done with him too after this season.

I do laugh as the people that suggest trading him. For what? A bag of donuts? He's a first round pick that MAY get you what? A 7th? No one is trading for the dancing noodle.

I disagree. I think he could do well in another team's system. He does have talent, he just lacks decisiveness on many of his runs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back