PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gasper: Maroney Ready to Run Hard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why can't he just RUN through the wall instead of dancing around too much?

Maroney = BALONY. Laws firm is looking good.

Last edited:
For a receiver, he makes an okay running back.

Which is a problem since ostensibly he's a running back.

There was precisely ONE time today that Maroney danced unnecessarily. One.

He just doesnt run as hard as Taylor or Morris. Would you ever give the ball to Maroney on a 3rd and 1 over Taylor or Morris? Never.

I'm also including the times he looks like a deer in headlights. There's a reason BB put Morris in after Taylor went out.

Well FWIW, I watched the game with the closed-captioning on and they kept calling him "Lauren Maroney." So even the captioning company is getting in on the Maroney bashing.

Watching Maroney returns kicks is painful.. He runs north for about 10 yard and the starts dancing.. He doesn't even hit the hole on a return.. He blows and stinks and will never be a full time starter for this team..

Maroney was fine, imo. He tried to make something out of yet ANOTHER time where the OL bled lineman into the backfield - this happened ALL DAY, btw, including to the other RBs - and lost a couple yards. Otherwise, I thought he did the best anyone could do, considering the shabby run-blocking.

Watching this S/T unit try and block for run-backs is what's painful. They are AWFUL.

Watching Maroney returns kicks is painful.. He runs north for about 10 yard and the starts dancing.. He doesn't even hit the hole on a return.. He blows and stinks and will never be a full time starter for this team..

Something must be done about this. At least with Slater, he runs hard into a pile of body. Maroney dances to a pile.

I am not a Maroney basher but he comes to a complete stop at least once on every kick-off return. He is useless as a kicvk returner.

Maroney was fine, imo. He tried to make something out of yet ANOTHER time where the OL bled lineman into the backfield - this happened ALL DAY, btw, including to the other RBs - and lost a couple yards. Otherwise, I thought he did the best anyone could do, considering the shabby run-blocking.

I remember that play when Suggs was in the backfield, and you're right. No RB would be able to get past that. But what about the 6 other runs? Besides the one 5 yard gain The rest were just getting back to the LOS. imo, if there is no one stopping you in the backfield and you go full steam ahead you should be able to at least fall 3 yards forward.

I think I made my point in the other thread saying all he does is ****yfoot in the hole. The fans at the game even got on his useless ass. Ugh I cant stand him.

Morris comes in and pounds it, Taylor pushes the pile and keeps his legs moving. Maroney runs to the sideline like a coward

Yea Im pretty much through with Maroney at this point.

enough with coddling Maroney! Sure, run blocking is suspect at times but that doesn';t stop the other backs from getting positive yards. Maroney is a bust, people. It is what it is.

enough with coddling maroney! Sure, run blocking is suspect at times but that doesn';t stop the other backs from getting positive yards. Maroney is a bust, people. It is what it is.

"We're losing! I just know it!" "Looks like a loss, guys!" "This is it, we're losing this game!"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing