PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gasper and Springer, 1/27/09: Brady on track for opener

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Brady to be ready for Opening Day

I read and heard something completely different, Tom was specific all the rest of the scribes were like lemmings just following up generalities..
You must not be paying attention, especially to what Casserly said when he went through every issue and gave a status a month ago.

Tom Curran is a trusted confident of the Pats Organization and a very well respected scribe.. he is usually able to find out a whole lot more than Casserly,Schefter, Silver, King etc. do not get enamored by the names.. have heard him a couple of times on the radio, his information is usually very well sourced. He makes a compelling argument about his base of knowledge without divulging sources..

Curran is known for getting behind the scenes, but if you listen to what he says it is not all that different than what others say.. I would put my money on Curran any day of the week.

Michael Smith is also a trusted confidant of the Patriots' organization. Belichick and/or Kraft values him enough that they gave him an exclusive that Belichick reupped for a multiyear deal in 2007. He says Curran is wrong.

Michael Silver is friends with Brady and talks to him all the time. He is much closer to Brady than Curran. I am sure Silver has talked to Brady multiple times about his recovery and probably isn't letting on to everything he may know.

Schefter is very well connected with the Patriots too. He has gotten plenty of exclusive Patriots scoops over recent years.

Curran isn't the utmost expert and insider with the Patriots. They guy hasn't covered the team in about four years. There are plenty of media people out there with as much access as he has to the team and not one of them has supported his story. The evidence is mounting that he was given bad information or there was a miscommunication.

I read and heard something completely different, Tom was specific all the rest of the scribes were like lemmings just following up generalities..

Huh? Casserly, Michael Smith, and the Boston Globe were all specific about the injury. All say the MCL and not the ACL is loose and will not require additional surgery to tighten.

It has been over a month since Curran's story and not one source has confirmed anything he wrote about the ACL being loose or that his rehab is set back 12-16 weeks as he indicated.

So is it safe for me to change my avatar back to Brady and BB, or should I leave MattyMan up there until TFB takes the field:p

I just heard Michael Holley say he knows who Michael Smith's source is and Holley said " HE WOULD KNOW". He said that He believes that Smith's story is ACCURATE.

I say...WE'LL SEE.

I just heard Michael Holley say he knows who Michael Smith's source is and Holley said " HE WOULD KNOW". He said that He believes that Smith's story is ACCURATE.

I say...WE'LL SEE.

Holley's endorsement of The Source is good news! But again,this IS the media we're talking about :cool: so MattyMan stays a bit longer. But I'm very encouraged:rocker:

I say...WE'LL SEE.

That's great to hear. If Holley says something about the Pats, I take it to the bank. He's got access, he's got relationships, and he's always reasonable and respected. He called the Mayo pick days before when no one else - other than perhaps Mayock and Box of Rocks - had him on our radar.

Last edited:

I say...WE'LL SEE.

Personally, I trust Michael Smith's report more than any other one just because he seems to have more exclusive inside information than anyone. Holley vouching for the source definitely gives it more creedence eventhough it was the dreaded unnamed source.

One person who has been surprisingly quite on this whole issue has been Mike Reiss. The guy is as connected as anyone else in this town, but he has allowed Shira Springer and Chris Gasper run with the story from the Globe. Maybe it is because he is trying to become more of a columnist than a beat reporter.

I just heard Michael Holley say he knows who Michael Smith's source is and Holley said " HE WOULD KNOW". He said that He believes that Smith's story is ACCURATE[/B][/U].

Would trust Holley... time to move on.

One person who has been surprisingly quite on this whole issue has been Mike Reiss. The guy is as connected as anyone else in this town, but he has allowed Shira Springer and Chris Gasper run with the story from the Globe. Maybe it is because he is trying to become more of a columnist than a beat reporter.

Good point. I also find that interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back