Welcome to PatsFans.com

"Gasland" Director Arrested by Order of Republicans?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Mrs.PatsFanInVa, Feb 1, 2012.

1. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +478 / 9 / -3

#24 Jersey

It's still breaking news....and hopefully HuffPo has hyped the story some - because if not --- this is surely a WTF moment in Capitol Hill history as well as a huge violation of the First Amendment.

'Gasland' Journalists Arrested At Hearing By Order Of House Republicans (UPDATES)
    'Gasland' Journalists Arrested At Hearing By Order Of House Republicans (UPDATES)

According to an update, Capitol Hill Police have charged Fox with "unlawful entry."
  2. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +306 / 3 / -13

It's strange news, but nothing to stop everything and turn on the telie over.
  3. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The only "WTF moment" is why you consider this to be some sort of violation of 1st amendment rights. The 1st amendment doesn't say you can just show up anyplace, anytime with a camera and get instant access. If I bring a camera to Obama's next cabinet meeting and they tell me to leave, does that mean my first amendment rights are being violated? And then, if I refuse to leave so I get arrested, is that too a constitutional rights violation?

Between this and the SD Indians, it has become painfully obvious over the past week just how pathetically desperate the left is for new material.
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2012
  4. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +306 / 3 / -13

I'll take mine over easy....:D
  5. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +478 / 9 / -3

#24 Jersey

If you're a member of the press, yeah, it does. But don't take my world for it....here's your own take on the press being refused access to political functions or events.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...751521-obama-shows-his-hatred-free-press.html

And here you offer to be "the first one joining me," if Republicans ever tried to censor the press.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...08-no-freedom-press-administration-page2.html

You must have some info I don't have yet. Got a link to where he refused to leave?
  6. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +306 / 3 / -13

gotcha!!!! :D
  7. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +430 / 6 / -7

Bwahahaha. That's what we call ownage.
  8. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +306 / 3 / -13

You laugh like a girl Jack....;)
  9. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You're comparing apples and oranges. If you think your examples are the same as what is claimed to be happening here, you're sadly mistaken. But it is nice to see you admit to your own hypocrisy on the matter.

On a side note, please don't spend so much time researching my posts at this point of the week; save it for Sunday evening. I'll have an assignment or two for you then so your husband can watch the game in peace.
  10. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Jack does a lot of things like a girl. :D
  11. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +478 / 9 / -3

#24 Jersey

Now there's an unexpected comeback!!

No two examples are exactly the same. However, the heart of the matter IS. In all three cases access to a government connected event was refused to a membr of the press. In two of them you ranted and railed about their rights (and ours) being violated because you felt Obama was responsible for them being excluded. In the third you did not, even though you promised that you'd be the first one joining in if a Republican were accused of the same sort of behaviour.

You read funny. I only see one hypocrite here - and it's not me.

I've got a better idea. Why don't you try to keep your posts about the subject matter rather than about the authors of the posts?

That can be your little "assignment."
  12. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +242 / 8 / -26

It is not POLITICALLY CORRECT to video tape members of congress.. god forbid that the populus should know howthese azz clowns conduct their affairs....
  13. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Of course my comeback was expected - because it was 100% right on. Funny how you give a tacit admission that your own arguments are intellectually bankrupt. These really are 2 separate instances - and that includes the "heart of the matter" being different as well.

Just another non-troversy from the left, desperate for any sort of material whatsoever.
  14. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +430 / 6 / -7

You can tell from his subsequent response that he has no effective rebuttal. That's what we call dead to rights. :rocker::rocker::rocker:
  15. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +478 / 9 / -3

#24 Jersey

Statements like this are just more indication of your own little "bankruptcies," WP.

Not only do you do make yourself look graceless and hypocritical you do a grave disservice to anyone reading by assuming they'll be clueless enough to believe you.

Now, if you care to tell us how Obama threatening to ban a member of the press from a news conference is violating freedom of the press but a US Representative having a member of the press arrested for trying to film a house session is not a violation of freedom of the press, have at it. Ditto when the Park Police refused to allow the press to film a protest near White House grounds was a travesty for which you insisted the Democrats were responsible but this somehow is not the same sort of travesty committed by Republicans, you might be able to redeem yourself.

The "heart of the matter" is the same. Members of the press are being denied freedom of the press.

Please tell us - how is it different?

On the other hand, if all you want to do is name call and/or attempt to justify your own refusal to do as promised ("I'll be the first to join you,") please, do us all a favor, just restrain yourself.
  16. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You answered your own question in the above post, Mrs. I'm perfectly happy to revise my opinion as more facts come out (unfortunately you cannot say the same). Unlike others in this forum, I have no problem admitting I was wrong on those rare occasions. But for now I'm just not seeing a case akin to the ones mentioned before (apples and oranges).

Furthermore, I'd like to hear more about this incident from an actual, real life, grown up news service and not the ratings and ravings of a partisan liberal blog. Their initial report, as quoted in your original post, that "Republicans also denied the entrance of a credentialed ABC News news team that was attempting to film the event" has already been proven false and ABC denied that such an event took place.

So not only is your example completely different, I have absolutely zero faith whatsoever that the version being reported is even remotely close to anything that actually took place.

But "HuffPo" said it, and it makes republicans look bad, so that's good enough for the intellectually lazy and ethically bankrupt left.
  17. Drewski

Drewski Rookie

Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

I have an honest question for the forum. Does making a movie/documentary have the same protections under the 1st amendment as the "press" does?

Based on what I read it says he was there filming a documentary which in my mind isn't the same as a news person showing up to take notes/film the proceedings. I realize that may be splitting hairs but don't people who are filming a movie or documentary require a permit to do so?

Not claiming an opinion on the matter just have an honest question and looking for an honest answer

D
  18. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

I wonder what congress would've done if he was filming the highly anticipated "Halliburton: Greatest company EVER" doc?

wonder if they would've thrown him out?
  19. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Also find it funny that the same people who defend dips#!tz like James O'Keefe are now against transparency.

and by "funny" I mean hypocritical, and dishonest...but thats pretty much par for the course for generation FOX.
  20. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +478 / 9 / -3

#24 Jersey

Will Bloomberg suffice?

Lawmakers Fault EPA in Fracking Hearing Delayed by Arrest - Businessweek

Yes, and HuffPo has acknowledged such.

Perhaps you need to reread my original post.