Welcome to PatsFans.com

Gas hits national average of $4 for the first time

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by weswelker#83, Jun 8, 2008.

1. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

2. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +781 / 18 / -23

#24 Jersey

Time to get the drills out. Jeez we are so stupid. We're like an old woman who eats cat food to live - and when she dies they find out she had millions of dollars.

We have the oil - let's go and get it.

:bricks:

3. Patriote_de_France

Patriote_de_France Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

In La Belle France the gasoline is in your American dollars to $8.00 Us dollars.

Here many of us blame United States for high price because you have your soldats in Iraq and they make oil cost much because of that.

4. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +824 / 27 / -33

Welcome Frenchie, hope you have a thick skin.. you are about to enter a surreal world where you will be responded to based on your nationality, rather than the substance of what you post.. remember none of this is real.

5. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0

I think the price of current price of oil is more dependant on other factors far more than it is our presence in Iraq. I'm sure if you asked and expert on the matter, they would agree. And just to make GJ happy,

Personally, I really don't care what the average person in France thinks of the US. Their opinion hasn't mattered in decades. I don't even particularly consider them and ally anymore.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2008
  6. STFarmy

STFarmy In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Many of you in France should blame the whole civilized world for being dependent on oil for everything and not really exploring alternatives. I know Europe loves to point the finger, just like we all do, but that doesn't make it true.

7. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,146 / 5 / -10

Democrats won't let us, we should have started drilling long ago.

A liberal democrat loon would let 10 humans freeze to death so a f-cking Polar Bear won't be disturbed while he's sleeping.

The moron people don't seem to care they won't stay home they have to get out there and drive 75 mph to go to a concert or a ball game, the Pig Politicians don't care all they think about is crucifying Bush & kissing Barack Hussein Obama's a$s, watch the Grinning politician bastard when they interview them on TV, they don't give a sh!t about your Gas.

AMERICA SHOULD NOW WELCOME A MUSLIM TAKEOVER, WE SHOULD HELP THE MUSLIMS DEFEAT THE GREAT SATAN AMERICA, GAS WILL BE 20-CENTS A GALLON AND THERE WON'T BE ANYMORE F-CKING ON TV, THE MUSLIMS WILL BEHEAD ALL THE WIFE SWAPPING MOVIE STARS, THEY WILL REMOVE AUNTIE PELOSI'S FALSE TEETH AND SHOVE THEM UP ONE OF THEIR DONKEYS A$S.

STAY HOME DON'T BUY GAS

UNCLE JEREMIAH SAYS "GOD DAMN AMERICA"

8. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,013 / 41 / -31

#24 Jersey

NEM is French now ... :eek: Just kidding Frenchie ... Welcome and :yeahthat:.

9. Patriot_in_NY

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0

No, we have to kill all the speculators and bury them in a small trench outside of town. :eek:

Actually, we need a longer term solution. Someone needs to invent the "Flux Capcitor", so we can fuel up on garbage, instead of oil.

10. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +824 / 27 / -33

Predicted and true, anyways thanks for the consideration..

11. Patriot_in_NY

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0

:singing: That was soley for your benefit. When you said it, I couldn't resist. :singing:

I actually welcome "frenchie" aboard as well.

12. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +573 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

You're right, the environment isn't that important!:rolleyes: Let's just set up huge oil dericks in the middle of Yellowstone ParK...Hell, lets just make the entire country butt-ugly cause damn, we need that oil. Then AFTER we run out, we can deal with what kind of fuel to use next. Yup, we can do AFTER there is so much carbon monoxide in the air, we won't even be able see things like Yellowstone Park!..........GET A CLUE

That isn't the point BF! Oil is running out, period. No matter how much we "find", it won't reduce costs much. It's time we put big oil out of business and find alternative sources of fueling our automobiles.

Personally, I'm psyched because big oil the US auto manufacturers have conspired to slow done the transition to alternative autos. They have done this because "THEY" want to control & OWN the future fuel source AND the new auto-technology.

Automobile companies are alarmed because electric cars require virtually no maintainence so bye, bye Mr Goodwrench!:D

Also, all the Muffler, transmission, oil change and basic "do-it-all" auto shops like Firestone will no longer be needed. But do I care?

Absolutely not! If you can't keep up with technology, tough shyte!!

Capitalism is all about competition and coming out with newer & better. So let's help open the doors wide to encourage the next generation of automobiles.

It's time we put Big Oil & the combustion auto manufacturers out of business!

God, would I love to see that!

I say EFF them!!! Put em out of business permanently.

13. Spicy Meatballs

Spicy Meatballs Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The UK is currently paying over 9 bucks for a US-gallon (3.785l). Walking has suddenly become very popular :cool:

14. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Never mind that it's always been higher in Europe. Used to be that certain liberal types wanted us to pay more...back when gas was a dollar or $2 a gallon they would sneer and say "In Europe it's twice that, we should be paying what they pay", but now that our price has doubled, I see that particular chorus has been stilled.

15. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +154 / 10 / -16

#37 Jersey

I would like to thank the democrats who took control of congress in 2006, for doubling the price of gas.

16. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +573 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

First of all, liberal & democrat are most often 2 entirely different groups.

Secondly, if those ten people were you & your family, I'd absolutly let you all die because you'd be stupid enough to be living in the middle of the artic circle:D

17. PATSNUTme

PATSNUTme Paranoid Homer Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +447 / 4 / -1

#75 Jersey

Very bad French !
    Looks like you used a translator on the net to get the job done...
    Posted by RDS11 a new poster from Canada.

How can a poster from France use bad French??

Unless the poster is not from France at all and maybe from say, Arizona, as a quick guess.

Check out the new member area. Someone who is good at French thinks this poster is not from France at all.

18. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

That's nothing--I'm not good at French and I don't think he's from France either.

Much too labored. Google translate is a wonderful tool, just don't abuse it.

19. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +573 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

One thing people seem to overlook is that the international price of oil is set in US dollars. Since the value of the US dollar has declined DRAMATICALLY, much of the rise in price is to offset this decline.

Rocket science!:rolleyes:

20. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +913 / 7 / -3

I don't blame the dems for high gas prices. I blame 30 years of ignorance from this countries leadership. I only post this to point out how Coke or Pepsi really doesn't matter. People will promise whatever sounds nice in order to get elected. They only need to point a finger at Coke, and say "hey, we're Pepsi!".

I'm guessing that those gas prices will come down as soon as my property taxes do here in Massachusetts, or as soon as Iraq starts paying for itself. :bricks: