Welcome to PatsFans.com

gas going up. up, up again...

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PressCoverage, Nov 2, 2007.

1. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

we're all noting this, yes?... someone called Coast to Coast radio tonight live saying they were paying 3.30/gallon in Virginia, or some such...

heard one estimate having our gas at 3.65/gallon for 87 grade... levelling off before the winter is over...

sorry, but peak oil is real... read about it..

unfortuantely, people who dare talk about peak oil are increasingly silenced and made to 'go away' ... michael ruppert, chief among them...
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2007
  2. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

not entirely irrelevant... but, i was listening to talk radio tonight... Matt Savinar guesting on Coast to Coast, as a matter of fact... and one of the lengthy commercial breaks switched to "Fox News Radio"...

and during that 5-minute "fair and balanced" news radio report, what do you think was the lead of their rundown? ... yeah, the impending hollywood writers' strike.. they split the show in half, and after the commercial break, Fox News radio finally addressed the fact that oil was going up to $96 barrell ... two sentences... then it was quickly on to Andy Reid's home drug emporium story...

for anyone truly not in denial and paying attention, it's plain as day:

you have to rely on independent media to learn what is happening in the world today...
  3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +662 / 2 / -9

Fox probably figured we knew all about it because the independent media was telling us all about it so they probably just said "the hell with it, we'll talk about the Hollywood Wife Swappers, but your right who gives a sh!t about those Bush Hating Democrat Loons in Hollywood.
    God Be With You
    :bricks:
  4. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +508 / 13 / -11

#24 Jersey

Today's gas prices are what you would expect, it's the prices 10 years ago that were unrealistic. Over 30 years to today gas prices' increase just barely beat inflation. I don't like a $30 fillup any more than anyone else but I don't see why it's nutty for the prices to go up about the same as everything else over the long term.
  5. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +515 / 6 / -2

They're not coming down anytime soon. There's a fuel shortage in China, and that should show us all where prices are permanantly going to be. Hopefully high prices will mean we'll move to hydrogen fuel cells sooner.
  6. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I thought it was particularly shameful that time Fox News knowingly provided falsified documentation proving that Bill Clinton dodged the draft 30 years ago. the took a MS Word document and tried to tell us it from from the early 70's... I mean how stupid do they think we are..? Their lead anchor was forced to resign in disgrace, and is now suing Fox News.

Wait a sec... what..? What's that you say...? That's wasn't Fox...? Well who was it then..? CBS News..!?? Dan Rather..?!? Holy crap..!! Well, heck, now it looks like these whining liberals are just a buncha hypocrites, now don't it..?
  7. Real World

Ratings:
    +515 / 6 / -2

I think what I said was the the price isn't coming down anytime soon. There area multitude of reasons for the rise in price. Clearly the situation in the ME is one of them. However, the days of cheap oil are gone. The demand is constantly increasing, and will as lesser developed nations need more. Eventually at some point, for both our own best interests, and because of supply, we'll need to find an alternative to oil. I've said that for a long, long time now.
  8. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

does no one believe that oil has peaked?
  9. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +662 / 2 / -9

Dig our own oil wells anywhere we think there is oil
    Build more Nuclear Plants
    Put Windmills all over the country
    Surround Unce Teddy's house and John Fonda Kerry's house with Windmills

Then tell the Muslims to shove their oil up their donkey's a$s.
  10. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +272 / 38 / -4

#75 Jersey

Drill in ANWAR

Build more refineries

gas prices will go down.
  11. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Am I the only one who notices that the people most likely to fight every single attempt to drill for oil are also the people most likely to complain about the high price of gasoline..? Hmmmm.....
  12. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +662 / 2 / -9

You Hit The Nail On The Head With That One
    (they hate oil then they go home and turn the furnace up) :singing:
  13. Real World

Ratings:
    +515 / 6 / -2

Although the amount in Anwar wouldn't solve our problems, I still don't understand why we don't drill our own. Worse, is that there is allegedly a pissload of resources off our coasts that we won't go near.
  14. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

well, you're certainly the only one who makes up a conclusion of "irony" based on feeling.... where did anyone here who's complaining about the price of gas say anything about being against drilling domestically? oh, that's right... no one...

but, like i say to all Con men: keep making up stuff... it suits you...
  15. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

We can't interfere with the Kennedy Yachting Lanes. Him being such a man of the people and all.
  16. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +662 / 2 / -9

Uncle Teddy is afraid if there's a windmill anywhere near Cape Cod that he'll get drunk and "ram it" with his yacht, he's afraid he'll "waterboard himself" :singing:

blub blub blub "Teddy come back save me" blub gurgle gasp, "Teddy where are you"

Democrat Tourist Cape Cod---"oh look thats Teddy Kennedy, hi Teddy, we love you Teddy, oh God wait till I tell Gert we saw Ted Kennedy, oh Holy Mother of Mary, blessed is the fruit of Rose's womb, oh Jesus H Christ almighty God, I saw Ted Kennedy"
  17. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

are you trying to actually be funny? because this is just plain dumb...
  18. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl Banned

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Middleclass = R.I.P.
  19. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

"Rest in Peace" for the masses?... perhaps...

but until then, in the next 30+ years, how about: "stock up on canned goods and bottled water, invest in gold, arm yourself, get to know your neighbors, form a closeknit network, learn to survive without basic services, and brace yourself... and pray Peak Oil isn't accurate... "

peak oil is terrifying, and perhaps far more imminent than global climate change... when the world's crude oil refining begins to deplete by as much as 1-2%, society is likely to fall into complete chaos... more disturbing is that some models have oil production dropping 60-70% within 50 years...
  20. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl Banned

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Rockefeller and Rothschild empires will use that for a last resort. They will make them expensive as well though.

Oil isn't the problem... these families ARE.

Bottom line.