PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gary Myers leaks NFL's terms for settlement (it's much worse than you'd expect)

Status
Not open for further replies.
joke offer.
greg hardy's suspension was reduced 6 games and he tried to kill a woman. god, i hate goodell so much.
arrogant doesn't even begin to describe the corrupt nfl office

Hardy ended up with a 4 game suspension for trying to kill the woman

goodell is saying that Brady more probably than not knowing that someone let .2 PSIs out of a football deserves the same penalty as Hardy

Apparently goodell learned nothing from the Ray Rice debacle. Why aren't the domestic violence people up in arms about this?

The only way Brady loses is if he admits guilt.

Otherwise he's better off serving every single game suspension the league levies at him because the game for him is legacy. And that's where the disconnect is for the league because they're all about surviving another year so they have to think short term and they probably assumed he would too.

Idiots.

Here is how I personally see things playing out. I hesitantly see the ruling going in the favor of Brady. The judge knows in the back of his mind he is likely going to have his decision appealed by the losing party. He has to be thinking, (at least im hoping) that Brady's party has many more logical and legal points to argue seeing how he got screwed by the NFL. Doesn't seem like the NFL has a whole lot of arguing points if they lose and when they appeal. No judge wants to make a decision and then have the decision overturned cause of an appellant court disagreeing with him.

According to the NY Daily News:

"One source told the Daily News that the closest the NFL came to offering Brady a reduction of his four-game suspension was not much of a reduction at all. The source said Goodell’s people informally indicated the league would be willing to go down to three games as long as Brady admitted he was guilty of being the brains behind the tampering of footballs in the Jan. 18 AFC Championship Game against the Colts based on the Wells Report."

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...ady-deflategate-hands-judge-article-1.2343920http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...ady-deflategate-hands-judge-article-1.2343920

Goodell needs to go

100% agree...He DOES look constipated.....

Roger-Goodell.jpeg

According to the NY Daily News:

"One source told the Daily News that the closest the NFL came to offering Brady a reduction of his four-game suspension was not much of a reduction at all. The source said Goodell’s people informally indicated the league would be willing to go down to three games as long as Brady admitted he was guilty of being the brains behind the tampering of footballs in the Jan. 18 AFC Championship Game against the Colts based on the Wells Report."

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...ady-deflategate-hands-judge-article-1.2343920http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...ady-deflategate-hands-judge-article-1.2343920
While going against my better judgement, I actually believe the NY Daily News' report.

Having TB12 admit guilt and justifying the Wells Report and the entire investigation is a critical component to maintaining legal authority over the NFLPA and control over players and other franchises.

I'm not sure I buy the "the need to justify the ~$5m investment" logic. Sometimes these things are CODB. Sometimes they are bad investments. Sometimes they are misguided then common sense takes over.

I'm sure the Wells Report and all the legal representation is (estimate) around $7m now. I think it's a drop in the bucket but it is a total distraction to the fans, the teams and the 345 Park Ave's core mission- which is to make money and develop the NFL brand.

With the season almost starting, I really think that the NFL needs to think long and hard if this war is still worth fighting. It has become their Vietnam and they drastically underestimated the fight of their opponent who by all indications is fine with fighting with as much determination as he does on the football field. Maybe even more because now it is very personal.

With that said, I'd argue that it was NEVER worth fighting. It was a bad business decision from the start. Because I believe that and the behavior he has exuded, under Goodells' stewardship I firmly believe he has done close to nothing in terms of generating money based on his own programs. That is why he should be removed as commissioner. If you put a CEO of an F1000 company in there with a marketing background (and a legal one) they would kick ass and make Goody look like he was running a McDonalds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes