PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gary Myers leaks NFL's terms for settlement (it's much worse than you'd expect)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope I'm wrong, but honestly it concerns me that NFL could be confident enough to give Brady such a **** offer. I know they're deluded but its really stretching credulity for them to be this obtuse.
Well they were used to dealing with Robert Kraft so they probably figured an apple wouldn't fall far from the tree.......
They didn't count on Brady having a spine and principles.....

WOW! And Brady didn't jump on that deal?! What a joke! Berman should rule for Brady just for Goodell*/NFL* being dumbazzes, Surprised Jerry Jones didn't jet over to see why Berman ordered Mara there.

No matter who wins and who loses in this court, the loser will be appealing and it will go on for several more months.

And THAT is very good news for Tom Brady

Why? because in December THIS movie hit screens all across America. Any "PR War" with the NFL that we are worried about now............. well, let's just say we won't be so worried in a few months:

http://www.vox.com/2015/8/31/9232191/will-smith-concussion-movie-trailer

Pay particular attention to the parts where the NFL tries to discredit and intimidate Dr. Omalu.

BTW, folks - - Brady can make like Gretzky - - don't skate to the puck, skate to where the puck will be in the near future. The cake is in the oven, folks. Sit back and enjoy the anticipation. PR-wise, it all comes together in December:

http://news.nationalpost.com/sports/nfl/the-nfl-is-starting-to-look-like-the-tobacco-industry

Wow. Actually that's good news. I was worried that if they offered Brady one game that he would take another PR hit for not accepting "a reasonable" offer. Thankfully this still makes the NFL look like a bunch of unreasonable pieces of Morts.
Lol...pieces of Morts..awesome!

Hope I'm wrong, but honestly it concerns me that NFL could be confident enough to give Brady such a **** offer. I know they're deluded but its really stretching credulity for them to be this obtuse.
It's the opposite - they know they are going to loose so they could not really give up anything. It would make RG and his minions look weak and then when the ruling hit they would be reeling. This way RG get's to say to the owners "I held as firm as I possibly could have - the court just say it differently." Giving into a one game suspension would have let others say "Damn Roger, if it was only a one game issue, why did you drag this out for so long?"

The NFL had no intention of settling. Even if they thought it was a 5% chance the judge would rule in their favor. From a PR perspective, they are better off having the award vacated and being able to 1) appeal and 2) say, "we don't agree." It would undermine all the circus they've created for the last seven months and all the money they've spent to now say they got it wrong and are settling for the "uncooperative" violation.

No matter who wins and who loses in this court, the loser will be appealing and it will go on for several more months.

And THAT is very good news for Tom Brady

Why? because in December THIS movie hit screens all across America. Any "PR War" with the NFL that we are worried about now............. well, let's just say we won't be so worried in a few months:

http://www.vox.com/2015/8/31/9232191/will-smith-concussion-movie-trailer

Pay particular attention to the parts where the NFL tries to discredit and intimidate Dr. Omalu.

This is a great point. Can't wait to see how this impacts them.

The MFL can shove it up their smelly ass bung hole

Stephanie Stradley ‏@StephStradley 27m27 minutes ago
Stephanie Stradley retweeted Gary Myers
Not doubting his reporting. But this sounds like the settlement offer that would come from an all-powerful toddler.
Stephanie Stradley added,
Gary Myers @garymyersNYDN
NFL never made formal settlement offer, but indicated willing to cut suspension to 3 games if Brady admitted DeflateGate guilt. No deal.

So why in hells name should Brady be punished at all?
Because Wells pulled a lawyerly tactic and got Anderson to "admit" he might have possibly used the gauge that came in with the lower readings in his pre-game measurements. Even though his best recollection was the opposite.

False premise WM. The NFL (Goodell) would NEVER settle this. He would rather be forced to by the law. I said many times here, Goodell cannot afford to give in.
The moment Goody isn't forced by courts and instead gives up/rescinds his decree on his own? He's opened the floodgates (among other repercussions).

The judge could have said "Goody, I'm going to chop your legs off tomorrow in my ruling" and I'd bet the mortgage payment Goody doesn't budge one iota.

Because Wells pulled a lawyerly tactic and got Anderson to "admit" he might have possibly used the gauge that came in with the lower readings in his pre-game measurements. Even though his best recollection was the opposite.

"he might have possibly" is that like "being generally aware of more probably than not"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes