PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gary Brackett would absolutely consider the Patriots if Indy fails to resign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brackett is a slow fat guy who takes a trip with Christopher Lloyd in a silver DeLorean before every game, and he just magically manages to be in the right place at the right time somehow during the game.

Not sure what games you are watching but Brackett is anything but slow and fat.

That being said, I don't see Brackett as a fit because he's more of a WILB than a SILB. Could BB go light there? Sure, if he's got VW and MT. Cody lining up on the line..

Brackett is a 235 lb 4-3 linebacker. The Pats want their linebackers in the 250 and up range. He's just not a fit for the system. He'll be a beast in a 4-3 though.

That being said, I don't see Brackett as a fit because he's more of a WILB than a SILB. Could BB go light there? Sure, if he's got VW and MT. Cody lining up on the line..

Mayo is bigger, faster, and better than Brackett. So I don't see him as filling a need for the WILB position either.

Last edited:
He reeks of Colt

Re: Gary Brackett would absolutely sign with the Patriots if Indy fails to resign

That guy is very annoying to play against.

and if BB shares your feelings then he will be here. :):):)

Example: Welker and Morris

So some here say he would not fit the system with a team he has played against dozens of times and on a top rival...

I don't get it.
I don't get why playing AGAINST the Pats makes him a good fit to play ON the Pats. Cutler played well against the Pats, too. So is he a good fit? How about WRs like Hayes, Jackson, Bethel, Gabriel and Galloway, who can't run routes?

The Colts play differently on defense than the Pats do. They rely on speed more than stoutness like the Pats, the Bracket's position doesn't even exist on the Pats base defense.

Bracket could play S/LB in the big nickle defense, and if we can sign him for a price commensuate with a role player, great. But if he was willing to sign for that, he's stay with the Colts.

Is he any worse than Vince Wilfork? "I would love to play for the Dolphins if the Pats don't pay"

Its a business before its a game or sport.

I never said it was good or bad. Just don't be surprised if he doesn't sign with the Colts OR us. Bluffing isn't just for poker.

I'm beginning to wonder if we are going to bring in a legit free agent that will really help us solidify a position or just bring in low tier guys? Obviously this will have a tremendous impact on draft decisions. Or possibly a trade.

I don't get why playing AGAINST the Pats makes him a good fit to play ON the Pats. Cutler played well against the Pats, too. So is he a good fit? How about WRs like Hayes, Jackson, Bethel, Gabriel and Galloway, who can't run routes?

The Colts play differently on defense than the Pats do. They rely on speed more than stoutness like the Pats, the Bracket's position doesn't even exist on the Pats base defense.

Bracket could play S/LB in the big nickle defense, and if we can sign him for a price commensuate with a role player, great. But if he was willing to sign for that, he's stay with the Colts.

When did Cutler ever play well against the Pats?

Anyway, I don't think Brackett would be a good fit in our defense. Too small and would be a bit of a liability against the run without two down DT's lining up in front of him. No thanks.

Sounds like posturing from his side... "Gee whiz, sure would be a shame if you didn't cough up some dough... I might just head over to the Patriots..."

What he said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back