PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gary Brackett would absolutely consider the Patriots if Indy fails to resign

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
BostonHerald.com - Blogs: Rap Sheet Blog Archive If the Colts don’t lock him up, free agent linebacker Gary Brackett wouldn’t mind joining the rival Patriots

This is the type of veteran clean hard nosed team player the Pats could really use.Gary is the heart and soul of the Colts and reminds me a lot of what Bruschi did here.

While he is not so big at a little under 6 feet,what he lacks in size he makes up for in heart.

While it is unlikely the Colts will part ways with thier defensive leader and Irsay said he wants to get a deal done before the combine,sometimes teams will surprisingly move on just as we did with some of our veterans and especially a team looking to change a few things after losing the SB.

I think Brackett would instantly be an asset to this LB corps and a duo of Mayo and Brackett would solidify the middle of the front 7.

Should Brackett be a consideration here if the Colts don't resign him?

This is a 29 year old vet I could get real excited over coming here but probably won't but there is always hope.

Last edited:
Re: Gary Brackett would absolutely sign with the Patriots if Indy fails to resign

That guy is very annoying to play against.

Like the player but don't think he fits the system.

Re: Gary Brackett would absolutely sign with the Patriots if Indy fails to resign

So all signs point to signing the beast, then...

Don't really see how he possibly fits the system.

Sounds like posturing from his side... "Gee whiz, sure would be a shame if you didn't cough up some dough... I might just head over to the Patriots..."

So some here say he would not fit the system with a team he has played against dozens of times and on a top rival,but crappy rejects from a previous 4-3 team like Derrick Burgess fits,because he is on the roster?

I don't get it.

Sounds like posturing from his side... "Gee whiz, sure would be a shame if you didn't cough up some dough... I might just head over to the Patriots..."

Is he any worse than Vince Wilfork? "I would love to play for the Dolphins if the Pats don't pay"

Its a business before its a game or sport.

So all signs point to signing the beast, then...

Sorry, I'm not familiar with that expression.

That was my exact thought, too.

Regardless...

So some here say he would not fit the system with a team he has played against dozens of times and on a top rival,but crappy rejects from a previous 4-3 team like Derrick Burgess fits,because he is on the roster?

I don't get it.
Clearly, comparing players from two different positions as if they are equivalent points that out.

brackett, is a 30 year old Version. of guyton. only he is a lil smaller. i think we will be good with guyton. at ILB it was he's first year as a full time starter and he out played mayo. for most of the year.

Brackett is a slow fat guy who takes a trip with Christopher Lloyd in a silver DeLorean before every game, and he just magically manages to be in the right place at the right time somehow during the game.

I don't get it.

burgess, played 3-4 OLB for oakland he's first year there and had 16 sacks in the same system that Rob Ryan, is runing right now with the browns

brackett plays the tampa 2 witch dose not need good corners or LB's to run just a great front 4

im not saying he can't play the 3-4 but he would not have the same numbers or be as good of a run stoper because he would have to take on blocks a lot more. he's best year was 5 years ago 127 tackels 3 INT's and 1 sack. he has 99 tackels in each of the last two seasons he would at best put up 80 tackels with the pats.

Brackett is obviously just trying to drive up his value by threatening to play for a rival. Not the first time I've seen, and won't be the last.

"Gary, if team X offers you a lot of money to play for them, would you go there?"

Yes.

"What if team X is your former team's hated rival?"

Yes.

I agree... he doesn't fit into our system. I don't know exactly how the salary cap works, but it seems like the Colts have it mastered.

1. Tell a player they can't afford him.
2. Wait until the player is about to get away.
3. Throw a gazillion dollars at the player.

It worked for Manning, Harrison, Wayne, Sanders, and Freeney.

Brackett is obviously just trying to drive up his value by threatening to play for a rival. Not the first time I've seen, and won't be the last.

peppers, and jason taylor, kinda did that last year.

I don't get it.

Because Burgess is a pass rusher and we needed one. How does that make this guy big enough to play inside linebacker?

We need a guy that can take on Olinemen.

So was Wes Welker...

Like the player but don't think he fits the system.

That was my first thought too, but if you watch him standing up blockers and shedding them, and then tackling the ball carrier - the dude is an animal. He plays a lot bigger than he looks or even is.

I absolutely love Brackett, one of my favourite players in the league. I'm not sure he's a fit, but I wouldn't mind him having a chance to prove it.

I don't see him leaving the Colts though.

burgess, played 3-4 OLB for oakland he's first year there and had 16 sacks in the same system that Rob Ryan, is runing right now with the browns

brackett plays the tampa 2 witch dose not need good corners or LB's to run just a great front 4

im not saying he can't play the 3-4 but he would not have the same numbers or be as good of a run stoper because he would have to take on blocks a lot more. he's best year was 5 years ago 127 tackels 3 INT's and 1 sack. he has 99 tackels in each of the last two seasons he would at best put up 80 tackels with the pats.

Not true.

The Tampa 2 is based on three ideas. Penetration from the D-line, Safeties that can cover, and above all a terrific MLB. The MLB spot is the engine that makes the car go in that scheme.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes