PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Garrett Mills

Status
Not open for further replies.
catching passes in traffic

drpatriot said:
Mills had some problems catching the ball in traffic. Other than that, he was excellent.
i'd say he caught about 3/4 of passes when he was in traffic.
IMO he's just one of those players who, inexplicably, draw defenders to them.
on the other side, with faulk, other defenses are generally trying to catch up to him.
as i type this i see how crazy it is.
but to me, mills is one of those players who gets hit a lot.
IMO life in the nfl for Mills is like running with the bulls.
and he won't be able to play very long, no more than 3 years.

Last edited:
Re: QB Observations

Unlike y'all, I thought Cassel played a good game. I agree he was shaky to start and he got strip sacked, by Abraham.

Gee that never happens to guys like Brady, Manning, or Favre. never! All Abraham's sack stats are pure fiction. Sure!

The Falcons played their real first string QB deep in to the third quarter. By comparison, Schaub looked batter than Cassel. He should.

Cassel had a sack or two, but also five or six scrambles, all but two of which resulted in a FD. How terrible!

Cassel went 13/26 for a TD and NO INTs, for better than 200 yards and 25 or 30 yards in scrambles. Those are pretty good stats for an inexperienced QB.

I think he has demonstrated that he IS a backup QB. And a pretty good one at that.

PS: For all those guys who insist David Huard was that so experienced backup; he started 6, six, games before he came to the Pats and got beat out by an UDFA QB. (Jay Fiedler)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back