PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Garrett Mills

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brownfan80

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I was shocked at the kid, considering the lack of practices he got in TC and the little you heard of him while he WAS at practice. I thought he showed up pretty huge tonite.

Maroney, Watson, Dillon, the OL... they'll all make headlines. But I think this was a pretty good start for the TE/H-Back that had most of us saying "WTF ANOTHER TE???" when he was drafted.

well said I thibk mills was a pleasant surprise tonight giving how little of him we have seen in camp so far.I do think he will give faulk a run for his money catching those passes from the backfield.All around a pretty productive night for our rookie class.Would have liked to see chad out there though.Oh well.Maybe within a few weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Garrett ran very nice routes tonight. He got enough seperation and caught the ball with his hands away from his body.
You could see Cassell look to him every time.
He lined up at FB a few times. Looked much better at TE (split out and next to the tackle) than at FB.

Last edited:
Mills had some problems catching the ball in traffic. Other than that, he was excellent.

drpatriot said:
Mills had some problems catching the ball in traffic. Other than that, he was excellent.
Only one that I recall. A floater when they were backed up. Cassel should have put more zip on the ball. Didn't see him drop any other catchable balls.

spacecrime said:
Only one that I recall. A floater when they were backed up. Cassel should have put more zip on the ball. Didn't see him drop any other catchable balls.
He couldnt have made that catch, few could when you know your about to get nailed, it was obvious he'd drop the ball.

Ichiro said:
Garrett ran very nice routes tonight. He got enough seperation and caught the ball with his hands away from his body.
You could see Cassell look to him every time.
He lined up at FB a few times. Looked much better at TE (split out and next to the tackle) than at FB.
One of the times he lined up at FB was on the 1st and goal at the one with Evans taking the ball in. Guess the Pats are serious about him being an h-back.

There was another drop on an out route that he should have had, though it wasn't thrown with the best touch.

He looks like he has a great deal of promise and could be something special, especially since he came in after missing most of camp and played in this game. He must be dedicated, since he looked good and knew the plays without having had much time to practice them live.

primetime said:
There was another drop on an out route that he should have had, though it wasn't thrown with the best touch.

He looks like he has a great deal of promise and could be something special, especially since he came in after missing most of camp and played in this game. He must be dedicated, since he looked good and knew the plays without having had much time to practice them live.

well people are starting to see why I touted him so highly and was ecstatic when we picked him. He is a game player and WILL ALWAYS BE OPEN, Brady will love him as he will be able to trust him like he could Troy Brown. I have been on record as saying that as long as he stays healthy he should end up with the second most catches on this team.

Kdo5 said:
He couldnt have made that catch, few could when you know your about to get nailed, it was obvious he'd drop the ball.
If your referring to the flag route defended by Omare Lowe when the team was backed up on the goaline...the kid made a fantastic effort to bring that one home, catching the ball where he did may have saved an interception. I think Cassel threw off his back foot again. As it was, he had his hands on the ball at full extension just as his hands ran into Lowe's chest, can't ask much more from a receiver. Give him a year and I could see him taking over Given's possession role.

Brownfan80 said:
I was shocked at the kid, considering the lack of practices he got in TC and the little you heard of him while he WAS at practice. I thought he showed up pretty huge tonite.

Maroney, Watson, Dillon, the OL... they'll all make headlines. But I think this was a pretty good start for the TE/H-Back that had most of us saying "WTF ANOTHER TE???" when he was drafted.

I was very impressed as well - who couldn't be at 5-75yds (not to mention Cobbs 3-80!)

Keeping in mind he's not playing against the cream of the crop - he's clearly much further ahead than one would expect.

I get Tulsa games. He was often the whole show - catch after catch after catch. Defenses could not stop it. He's a machine.

Box_O_Rocks said:
If your referring to the flag route defended by Omare Lowe when the team was backed up on the goaline...the kid made a fantastic effort to bring that one home, catching the ball where he did may have saved an interception. I think Cassel threw off his back foot again. As it was, he had his hands on the ball at full extension just as his hands ran into Lowe's chest, can't ask much more from a receiver. Give him a year and I could see him taking over Given's possession role.

I agree Mills is the real deal- him and Thomas are gonna be velcro out there for Brady to tag. I'm just worried fantasy-wise what this is gonna mean to Watsons production- maybe I wait til the 4th or 5th to pick him up now...

Cassel was just abysmal in the first half, second half he was just so-so. He threw bullet when he needed a touch-pass and a duck when he needed a bullet.

Doesn't he know to press X or Y quickly and release? Tap it! Not mash the button down! For chrissakes man- read the directions...

and WTF is that kid (Cassel) running for?? Looked almost as lumbering as Drew out there....

PatriotsRiot93 said:
I agree Mills is the real deal- him and Thomas are gonna be velcro out there for Brady to tag. I'm just worried fantasy-wise what this is gonna mean to Watsons production- maybe I wait til the 4th or 5th to pick him up now...

Cassel was just abysmal in the first half, second half he was just so-so. He threw bullet when he needed a touch-pass and a duck when he needed a bullet.

Doesn't he know to press X or Y quickly and release? Tap it! Not mash the button down! For chrissakes man- read the directions...

and WTF is that kid (Cassel) running for?? Looked almost as lumbering as Drew out there....

LOL..Wow...Seems as though we have a Madden Fan on our hands here.I saw that and about spit out my coffee..Good Times!

Say goodbye to Patrick Pass between Mills and Cobbs we don't need him this year. Also I think David Thomas reminds me of Kevin Faulk the way he goes right down after first contact.

PatriotsRiot93 said:
:confused: For a non running QB, Cassel actually has pretty decent quicks. Certainly a lot faster than Brady and Bledsoe.

Box_O_Rocks said:

I know it's one game but Mills showed poise and an ability to get open. He and Cobbs played well. We neeed somewhere to 'hide' Cobbs whom I see as possibly taking over Faulk's role next season. He runs harder and seems to be able to catch the ball. He's bigger and harder to take down. Faulk is safe this year because I see him used as a slot WR.

Mills just looks like one of those guys who will find a way to get 8 on 3rd and 6. I doubt he'll ever have a big season but he will piss off opposing teams numerous times and keep drives going. He should be a very solid contributor.

pshh^ Maroney is the type of guy who iwll get 27 when you need 18

Julius said:
Say goodbye to Patrick Pass between Mills and Cobbs we don't need him this year. Also I think David Thomas reminds me of Kevin Faulk the way he goes right down after first contact.
lessee, dillon, maroney, faulk, evans/garrett.
it will be hard for pass to make this squad. but he'll be picked up fast. after all he's a RB who has 3 rings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back