PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Garrett Mills good 7th round selection

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcbee

Banned
Reaction score
Why he was picked in the 4th is beyond me. Nuts.

He's not a good blocker and not a good running back. Too small to be a TE and too big to be a good WR. Oh well. Nothing like a wasted pick.

AS for being satisfied with LBs, maybe BB is. Not Biesel though. He is a bust.

mcbee said:

He's not a good blocker and not a good running back. Too small to be a TE and too big to be a good WR. Oh well. Nothing like a wasted pick.

Did you have to clean up the puddle of stupid you left behind after you typed this?

He's a fullback, genius. Try reading about him first.

mcbee said:

The mentally impaired post in the interleague forum.

According to Scott Wright, he's a 4th rounder.

mcbee said:

He's a receiving FB in the mold of Kevin Turner or Larry Centers. He had 87 receptions last year. He can catch the ball. He'll probably knock Pass off the roster.

Dude, Mills is noted for WELL he blocks. No he's not a running back, you're right, but he was never asked to be one. he is widely considered to be the most skilled H-back/fullback type to come out in years.

He's smart (3.91 GPA), essentially palyed 5 positions in college, he's fast - 4.6 40, and has great hands, runs excellent routes, breaks tackles, hits people low, loves contact and is one of the very best special team tacklers in the all of college football.

Two different bio's on him said he'd be the best TE in the draft "by far", if he were 3 inches taller.

Versatile

mcbee said:

Mills will play H-back, fullback, a little tight end and special teams. He will be one of the gunners on punts.

Not sexy but he will be a productive member of the team.

The profile on nfl.com said he wasn't good at blocking or breaking tackles. They mentioned that specifically. They had him as an UDFA.

JJDChE said:
He's a receiving FB in the mold of Kevin Turner or Larry Centers. He had 87 receptions last year. He can catch the ball. He'll probably knock Pass off the roster.

Hey those guys were pretty good.

As for Mills, he's noted for good blocking, especially downfield, but he probably doesn't have the bulk to block NFL-sized DEs/OLBs off the line. He has no experience running the ball so the Patriots coaches are starting from square one there, meaning he can be taught. He's a very good receiver with excellent speed for his size... I bet if he played somewhere that wasn't Tulsa we'd have heard alot more about him. Good choice, not sure about the kicker but I like Mills and I like Thomas.

primetime said:
Hey those guys were pretty good.

As for Mills, he's noted for good blocking, especially downfield, but he probably doesn't have the bulk to block NFL-sized DEs/OLBs off the line. He has no experience running the ball so the Patriots coaches are starting from square one there, meaning he can be taught. He's a very good receiver with excellent speed for his size... I bet if he played somewhere that wasn't Tulsa we'd have heard alot more about him. Good choice, not sure about the kicker but I like Mills and I like Thomas.

He's not going to be lead blocking very often, he's going to be a guy in there for passing downs for blitz pickup and ctaching the ball out of the backfield. We have TE's for lead blockers in our offense. Centers wasn't much of a run blocker at all, but he was great at blitz pickup and he could get open out of the backfield. From what I've read Mills is a Centers clone. Centers wasn't a guy with elite talent, but he was smart, had great hands and he ran like his hair was on fire.

F.B.N. said:
The mentally impaired post in the interleague forum.

It was a post of "Boner" standards...

I think Mills could be competition for Izzo as well.

I think Mills is worth more to BB because BB values versatility so much. He can be a gunner, a TE, and an H-back. Most mocks I saw had him in the 4th or 5th.

mcbee said:
The profile on nfl.com said he wasn't good at blocking or breaking tackles. They mentioned that specifically. They had him as an UDFA.

Well that's that, after all We've been horrible teaching guys how to block.

Graham was not a good blocker coming out of college he was a PR TE, how'd that work out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes