PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Garoppolo

Status
Not open for further replies.
down 34-7.......Brady throws a bad pick 6 with 10:44 left, .........was KC still playing tough defense?

Now its 41-7......the VERY next play from scrimmage at 10:28 as JAG starts leading them down the field is when Andy Reid tells his team to let up cause it just then became "garbage time?"......even though his 1st stringers are still in?

Andy Reid must be as much of an anti brady troll as me.......he's out to make brady look bad and jimmy g look good........:rolleyes:

The closest I will come to criticizing Brady as a quarterback is to make this observation.

Brady throws the ball to where his brain tells him the receiver should be given the coverage.

Lesser quarterbacks throw the ball to where their eyes tell them the receiver is going to be.

In some circumstances, such as what we now have perhaps, the latter can be more successful.

Seeing some people react to Garopolo (don't care about the spelling, he's a backup) is pure comedy

A backup Qb moved the ball a little bit in garbage time. Stop the presses.

I know right!?!?!

I have hopes for garappollo as well but after the int the defense did slack some. How often does Lafell break tackles and elude defenders. I do really like Grapps. I thought he was #3 qb behind only Bridgewater and Carr. I think he is even or better than Bortles. Just my opinion. I said all along Bridgewater is awesome. That's not to say Grapps won't end up the best. He runs faster than his 4.88 40. In open field he looks to run about 4.70. Bout same as Carr and Bridgewater but Grapps is stronger than they are. His arm strength is just under Carr and Brady. In the open field he could pick up as much as 50 yards if defense is spread out. Here's the thing with Grapps, he has the ability to fire the ball 70 yards like Brady or Carr. His throwing motion although good, could improve. Its quick,over, and great upper body snap. However he doesn't get his legs and hip snap into throws yet. He kinna throws across his body some. Once he gets his hip snap into it he will throw harder and probably even more accurate. Although no lucks I think there was a lot of raw talent in this draft.

down 34-7.......Brady throws a bad pick 6 with 10:44 left, .........was KC still playing tough defense?

Now its 41-7......the VERY next play from scrimmage at 10:28 as JAG starts leading them down the field is when Andy Reid tells his team to let up cause it just then became "garbage time?"......even though his 1st stringers are still in?

Andy Reid must be as much of an anti brady troll as me.......he's out to make brady look bad and jimmy g look good........:rolleyes:

he through TWO bad picks. even if JE doesnt stop running brady threw it into triple coverage to JE. I like minitron, but not throw into triple coverage like.

Jimmy has one of the fastest releases in the NFL and can move around in the pocket.

With a decent/good O-Line, Brady would still be great. Put Brady on the Cardinals/Texans right now and they're automatic elite SB contending teams.

HOWEVER, and curse me out all you want, with the putrid JOKE of an offensive line we have, a young, fast, quick QB like Jimmy has a higher chance of succeeding than a slow, immobile QB whose strengths are reading the defense as opposed to physical ability.

The pocket is going to collapse all season, Jimmy has a better chance of making something out of that than Brady.

I'm not sure I disagree with the last sentence, but I'm not ready to go here yet either myself.

1. I think it's interesting the other player on the field during that time that isn't being talked about is White. I'd love to see what Brady could've done on a drive with the running game actually doing something. Maybe start that dude next week with Vereen as the change of pace back and see if it doesn't keep the defense from just storming the base each time.

2. There is no such thing as the "perfect" QB. JimmyG MIGHT have had better luck with the turnstile OLine that game, we'll never know. But not all games will play out that way even with an OLine that sucks. As bad as they are, they will win matchups sometimes. So the question is if you don't have the perfect QB in either, aren't you still better with the GOAT in Brady?

3. One thing in favor of your argument, though, is that I'm not on board with the popular opinion that what we saw of JimmyG was the result of "garbage time." I think after putting on a clinic like KC did, the last thing they'd want to do is let a rookie come in and score an instant TD. Yes KC played softer with the huge lead and all, but his quicker release did quite visibly make a bit of a difference.

I don't want anybody starting but Tom. I do believe Tom would have a better end to his career starting for someone else, though, and I think he's earned that type of respect. I wish it'd been our team and GM that gave it to him from a personnel perspective.

And as someone on Twitter noted, it's kinda funny that Pancho got a touchdown before Johnny Football. :D

If Brady is able to get it together, then obviously that's the best-case scenario. Barring that, I really would not mind giving Jimmy a shot.

A backup Qb moved the ball a little bit in garbage time. Stop the presses.
HMMM, like someone once said....."Let's not put him in Canton yet,fellas"

Mallett was a beast here!

If Brady is able to get it together, then obviously that's the best-case scenario. Barring that, I really would not mind giving Jimmy a shot.
A shot at what? Holding his water bottle? He isn't going to start until Brady is no longer in NE......

Start 2-2 and we want to change our HOF QB...unreal....

A shot at what? Holding his water bottle? He isn't going to start until Brady is no longer in NE......

Start 2-2 and we want to change our HOF QB...unreal....

You're putting words in my mouth. I never said we should change up our QB. I said that if Brady can't get it together, then maybe we should make the switch. Would you rather we go the whole season with a living dead QB instead of hurting his feelings by going with the young guy instead?

I'm sure Brady will be fine. The point I was trying to make was if the offense does not improve.

You're putting words in my mouth. I never said we should change up our QB. I said that if Brady can't get it together, then maybe we should make the switch. Would you rather we go the whole season with a living dead QB instead of hurting his feelings by going with the young guy instead?

I'm sure Brady will be fine. The point I was trying to make was if the offense does not improve.

I will say again...Brady will be playing all 16 games for the pats unless hurt. He is the best QB on the team and the 2-3 rd best in the AFC.

Brady isn't the problem....and guess what? Even if he is struggling 5 weeks from now..Jimmy G won't be seeing the field. This is Brady's team. Not Jimmy Gs regardless of how bad Brady plays this year. After this year you look into things if he sucks all year...not week 8 or 10

In his first NFL game JG threw more passes than RM threw during the regular season in his entire three years in NE.

I will say again...Brady will be playing all 16 games for the pats unless hurt. He is the best QB on the team and the 2-3 rd best in the AFC.

Brady isn't the problem....and guess what? Even if he is struggling 5 weeks from now..Jimmy G won't be seeing the field. This is Brady's team. Not Jimmy Gs regardless of how bad Brady plays this year. After this year you look into things if he sucks all year...not week 8 or 10

That was the same thing that the Bledsoe fans said when we started talking about Brady being a better choice. How did that work out for Drew?

In today's NFL, unless you have a shut down OL that gives your QB lots of time to throw, a mobile QB might be the better choice. Right now, our OL is a sieve and Brady is as immobile as they get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back