PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Garoppolo trade value for 2015?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think teams would rather take a chance on them as opposed to giving a #1 for Aladdin.

My 10 year old says that he looks like Aladdin too!

We should keep drafting quarterbacks in the 2nd and 3rd round which we can then turn around and trade to Houston for their 1st.

To the tune of the original fight song of the 1st NFL team in Houston (stolen by the StinkyFins)

Useless Oilers!
Useless Oilers!
Useless Oilers #1 pick!

We've got no offense.
We've got no defense.
We give the other a win - we have no hope. 'Cause we're the Useless Oilers, Useless Oilers,
You know we're gonna choke on the rope.

He and Tyms have chemistry if we package them together we could get two first rounders easily.:rolleyes:

Other than the Luck's of the world, it's not a bad idea for a young QB to be a backup, learn the playbook, get stronger and practice with Pros before he starts. Lets say Brady plays 3 more years, we can have a player that has learned the system for 4 years and is hopefully mature enough to start. I don't see the problem of letting Jimmy G be the backup for 3-4 years.
Truthfully, for all the bonehead throws Luck is still prone to making, it would have done him some good too.

Actually, he has, by outperforming all the QBs selected ahead of him in the preseason. Mayby not much, but I'd be willing to be they could get a higher pick then they spent for him.
That said, I don't think there's even the slightest chance they do it.
I don't think a 2nd rounder I improves his value by looking ok in meaningless games vs guys who are unemployed now . He is supposed to do that because he was drafted high.

I disagree......

Who is the safer bet for the NFL, Garropalo, Winston, or Mariota.
If I was picking a college team I would go with Winston, but for the NFL I would go with Garropalo.
Now, we probably wouldn't get a top 10 pick for him, but what about a 10-20 pick?

Houston really needs a Quarterback.
Philly (20-25 range, may go QB).
Winston has shown a ton of promise, he could easily be the best criminal the NFL has had since Aaron Hernandez.

None, because his replacement cost would be higher than his trade value.
I agree with you that whatever we would get would not be enough to justify the trade. None I think might be an overstatement however because if someone called and said they would give us a top 5 pick that we could turn into a first in 2015, a second in 2015, and a first in 2016 I would think we would be fools not to pull the trigger. That is extremely unlikely to happen however.

Actually, he has, by outperforming all the QBs selected ahead of him in the preseason. Mayby not much, but I'd be willing to be they could get a higher pick then they spent for him.
That said, I don't think there's even the slightest chance they do it.
I admitted I see Garopollo's promise and would not trade him for anything less than a top 5 draft pick. That aside Bortles, Carr, and Bridgewater all played well in the preseason.

I could see Belichick trade him to
Tampa for a 2015 pick 3rd & 2016 first.

I hope you mean a 2015 first and a 2016 third, because what you're suggesting values him as roughly a second and third round pick in 2015.

Winston has shown a ton of promise, he could easily be the best criminal the NFL has had since Aaron Hernandez.
Yea. The greatest (???) NFL QB criminal is Art Schlichter. Mafia associate...

If Garoppolo was worth a top 10-20 pick, why didn't someone use one on him last year?

I get what you're saying, and I don't believe he's worth a pick in that range, but I can think of 31 other teams who would invest a 6th-round pick on Tom Brady... ;) Value can change from draft day to the season after. But I don't think (and I really really hope) Jimmy doesn't show anyone much of anything for a while.

I disagree......

Who is the safer bet for the NFL, Garropalo, Winston, or Mariota.
If I was picking a college team I would go with Winston, but for the NFL I would go with Garropalo.
Now, we probably wouldn't get a top 10 pick for him, but what about a 10-20 pick?

Houston really needs a Quarterback.
Philly (20-25 range, may go QB).

So what ?? Are we supposed to "cry me a river" ? I'm reminded of a plagiarized movie line. "Picks ?! We don't need no stinkin' Picks !".

The truth is Belichick has created a situation where he really Does Not Need the entire 2015 Draft.

Only a possible DE, RB and OL might be needed, and he could go to vet FAs for them all, if there really is a need, not just a hypothetical need.

Really trade him? He is Brady's heir apparent! Really do not trade him!

We should keep drafting quarterbacks in the 2nd and 3rd round which we can then turn around and trade to Houston for their 1st.
Houston and the League will discover they need no longer search for a QB...

Posterity

Seems as if this thread would have been more interesting in this upcoming offseason. Brady's contract issues, if any, should come up then.

Looking through the 2015 Mock Drafts it doesn't look like a deep QB crop.

Jameson Winston & Marcus Mariota are both projected to go in the top 5 picks of the 2015 Draft.

Winston seems to be an on the field winner, but he is a huge risk because of his off field troubles.
Mariota is probably a safer pick, but he is not known as an accurate passer.

I think Garoppalo could appear to be a better choice for the NFL than either Mariota or Winston.

I believe the Patriots drafted Mallett to use as a backup and then spin him for a higher pick in the future.
Unfortunately Mallett never impressed anyone on the field.

Garoppalo has looked good, and I can't help but wonder about his 2015 value.

Winston is going to suck as a pro...he is Byron Leftwich 2.0. I think Mariota will be a pretty good pro. I doubt we deal Garoppalo, he is learning from the system and will slide right into the spot when Tom is done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back