PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Garay fined 15k for Brady hit

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only have one response to the NFL's enforcement "what a ******* joke". Pardon the French.. they're *******s ;).

there's no conspiracy to injure

if you want to injure a qb you can do it any play you want

it's not hard

there's no conspiracy to injure

if you want to injure a qb you can do it any play you want

it's not hard
So Garay, unaided randomly decided it was OK to buck NFL policy and head directly at the QB's knees? Brock did exactly the same thing. Both were dog acts and I would be equally pissed off if a Patriots defender did the same thing.

Re: Garay Fined $15,000 for Lunge at Patriots QB Brady's Knee

I think there is a real problem when players get fined for in action in a game but weren't flagged in the game. This is not saying I disagree with the fine -- I don't -- but it doesn't make sense how a guy that was pivotal in the play is fined for something he wasn't flagged for. This is different if a guy was on the periphery of a play, like the infamous chop block to Rodney Harrison to close out the 06 season, but this was the focus.

Anyway, why would a guy that makes a few million a year care about $15000? This is like me being fined a few hundred bucks. Yea, it sucks, but it's not going to curb the behavior at less than 1% of his take home.
Actually he makes $640,000 this year. And the fact that the ref missed the call shouldn't impact whether or not he got fined. I have no problem with league offices reviewing something a ref missed.

Last edited:
Maybe if PATs meet them in the playoffs, Mankins should make clear to
this turkey the physical consequences to his body if he tries that crap again
and that means any player on his team. Pass the word. If the NFL will not
dish out a penalty that will deter these idiots then maybe it's time for players
to take care of their own. $15k what a joke.

So Garay, unaided randomly decided it was OK to buck NFL policy and head directly at the QB's knees? Brock did exactly the same thing. Both were dog acts and I would be equally pissed off if a Patriots defender did the same thing.

if you want to injure an nfl qb, you can do it any play

if the intent was to injure, they would have started earlier, and kept trying

logic for the win

if you want to injure an nfl qb, you can do it any play

if the intent was to injure, they would have started earlier, and kept trying

logic for the win
That's not logical jc, that's a stupid position to hold. Lunging at the knees of a QB when a specific rule was brought in to outlaw that demonstrates an intent to injure, not make a play. I have no issue if it's incidental contact. Garay lunged at Brady's knees with intent.

The Chargers defensive line or linebackers hardly got to Brady. The offensive line stone walled them. That's logic.. for the win.

why would they have started earlier?...you go after the opposing team' quarterback when you cannot stop him from putting up scores and placing your team in a hole...otherwise, there is no NEED to play dirty...

you are minimizing and rationalizing a despicable act by an obviously undisciplined, uneducable player. 15K is a disgusting joke...if this was Cryan and Little Lord Fauntlechez was run at like that, he'd be screaming holy hell and demanding apologies, free buffets and pedicures for the rest of the season...and Ratger Jetdell would be handing out 100K fines and stern warnings to the entire league. Brady, NFL player of the week for the 2nd straight time and this joke of a cOMISSIONer fines the culprit what equates to a 25 cent tip on a cup of coffee at Dunkin' Donuts.

Last edited:
That's not logical jc, that's a stupid position to hold. Lunging at the knees of a QB when a specific rule was brought in to outlaw that demonstrates an intent to injure, not make a play. I have no issue if it's incidental contact. Garay lunged at Brady's knees with intent.

The Chargers defensive line or linebackers hardly got to Brady. The offensive line stone walled them. That's logic.. for the win.

they could choose to lunge at his knee any passing down

your logic that garay singled out one play all day to try to injure brady, is ******ed (no offense)

why would they have started earlier?...you go after the opposing team' quarterback when you cannot stop him from putting up scores and placing your team in a hole...otherwise, there is no NEED to play dirty...

you are minimizing and rationalizing a despicable act by an obviously undisciplined, uneducable player. 15K is a disgusting joke...if this was Cryan and Little Lord Fauntlechez was run at like that, he'd be screaming holy hell and demanding apologies, free buffets and pedicures for the rest of the season...and Ratger Jetdell would be handing out 100K fines and stern warnings to the entire league. Brady, NFL player of the week for the 2nd straight time and this joke of a cOMISSIONer fines the culprit what equates to a 25 cent tip on a cup of coffee at Dunkin' Donuts.

they couldn't stop him earlier, so all of the sudden they're going to try and injure him, then after failing, they're gonna stop trying to injure him?

that's also ******ed logic

the intent was definitely there to tackle the qb, even if it was going low, but the intent to injure simply was not present

you guys are really reaching and overreacting.....

they could choose to lunge at his knee any passing down

your logic that garay singled out one play all day to try to injure brady, is ******ed (no offense)
You would have a point if the Chargers defensive players got to Tom Brady. They rarely had an opportunity to do so thanks to excellent offensive line play.

You would have a point if the Chargers defensive players got to Tom Brady. They rarely had an opportunity to do so thanks to excellent offensive line play.

not really, they could always go at him on a late hit, if they truly had an intent to injure him

not really, they could always go at him on a late hit, if they truly had an intent to injure him
You're being facetious on purpose and I am done with you in this thread. Garay made a dog move and lunged at Brady's knee with intent to injure him. Don't try and convince me otherwise.

You're being facetious on purpose and I am done with you in this thread. Garay made a dog move and lunged at Brady's knee with intent to injure him. Don't try and convince me otherwise.

bs...you're just overreacting, as usual

and being overly biased

bs...you're just overreacting, as usual

and being overly biased
Over reacting despite making the qualification that I would be disgusted if a Patriots player performed that act whilst being equally annoyed that Raheem Brock performed the same dog act against Roethlisberger?

Clearly, you're the biased one.

they couldn't stop him earlier, so all of the sudden they're going to try and injure him, then after failing, they're gonna stop trying to injure him?

that's also ******ed logic

where do I say they stopped?? How do YOU know they "stopped"??? You are incredulous that they couldn't stop him earlier so they sent this moron to deliberately injure his knee...in criminology this is what is known as MOTIVE...the whole world SAW what he did...YOU have seen it since it happened,and have seen the play isolated, frame by frame...are you DENYING this is a DEFINITE DIRTY,UNLAWFUL ht to the QB's knee...or is your position that this is all "******ed" and it was an "aww shucks, oops!" play...?..and since no San Diego player got close enough with the right circumstances to repeat this despicable act, you infer the Chargers "stopped!!"...I'm not going to use the word you so casually toss around like it's meaningless "colorful wordplay", as I have a little more respect for people, especially children, who, for whatever reason, are born and live with limitations the rest of us take for granted. Perhaps you need to do a little work on YOUR shortcomings before you go all anti-tank gun on this board.

honestly, you guys are just so sensitive

the guy tried to tackle the qb and broke the rules doing so

but intent to injure

jeez....take off the tin foil hats, you're all way paranoid lol

the guy tried to tackle the qb and broke the rules doing so
Garay went for the knee and got it. That we all agree on. Whether he meant to injure Brady or not is completely and utterly irrelevant. It was a tackle which could have ended Brady's season and maybe even his career. There is simply no defending his actions.

Garay went for the knee and got it. That we all agree on. Whether he meant to injure Brady or not is completely and utterly irrelevant. It was a tackle which could have ended Brady's season and maybe even his career. There is simply no defending his actions.

and i haven't been defending his actions

i'm glad he was fined

he broke the rules

i wouldn't have minded a stiffer fine even

whatever the going rate is for breaking that rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back