PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

games pats played without deion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
Does anyone have any stats on these and how we did ? he missed quite a few games during his tenure here.
my take, we can manage the regular season without a branch although it will be a while before our receivers getting their timing right with brady, and branch in my opinion was quite ineffective when givens was hurt. but its the post season when he really played best and thats when they may miss him.

SVN said:
Does anyone have any stats on these and how we did ? he missed quite a few games during his tenure here.
my take, we can manage the regular season without a branch although it will be a while before our receivers getting their timing right with brady, and branch in my opinion was quite ineffective when givens was hurt. but its the post season when he really played best and thats when they may miss him.

I agree about Givens - when he went down, there was a noticeable impact on the offense. Givens was a 3rd down beast. Look, Deion and Givens were both great WRs and the offense isn't as good without them. That said, hopefully Jackson and Gabriel can give comparable production by years end. It's what had to be done.

BradyManny2344 said:
I agree about Givens - when he went down, there was a noticeable impact on the offense. Givens was a 3rd down beast. Look, Deion and Givens were both great WRs and the offense isn't as good without them. That said, hopefully Jackson and Gabriel can give comparable production by years end. It's what had to be done.

You know whats a shocking thing to think about? Givens and Branch are going to be paid almost 65 MILLION in the next 5 years. They should give Brady a monster tip for making them look good here for the past few years. I'm gonna miss those guys but pay them 65 MILLION?????? Holy crap.

Here you go :

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Article.php?Page=956

"Everyone remembers that Branch delivered an MVP performance in Super Bowl XXXIX. But do you remember that he missed seven games that season?

* The Patriots went 6-1 in games without Branch and averaged 26.7 PPG.
* The Patriots went 8-1 in games with Branch and averaged 27.8 PPG.
"

There's more in the article.

SVN said:

I don't know if the Givens point will do much as he'll be playing alongside Darrell Jackson and (a supposedly resurging) Nate Burleson. Also, in the Patriots defense if that stats end up poor in his absense, this years Patriots are almost built in anticipation of not having Branch (by having Gabriel and Jackson) whereas the stats you'd show is a Patriots team that got surprised by not having Branch all of a sudden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes