PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gameday Tailgating

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am completely aware that I'm a rookie when it comes to this form but Ive been a season ticket holder for 6 years. In the past 8 years that Ive been going to games, my crew and I show up on average 6 hours early. We started in P11 (across from stadium) and the Kraft bought it 2 seasons ago. Thats when the limit on how early you could show up started effecting us (4 hours).

From there, we worked our way down Rt 1 towards 495 until we were finally settled on a place where we could show up as early as we wanted to.

For a 1PM game, we cook breakfast at 7:30 (eggs, bacon, steak, hash browns, etc) and go strait to apps (scallops wrapped in bacon, stuffies, steak tips, oysters, stuffed shimp, etc).

Every game, we try to do something different. Last year we did a clam bake, lobster day, pig roast, or something else fun. We bring generators, lights, hot dog machine, kareoke, heaters, tents and walls. It doesnt get better. We also burn a banner of the opposing team.

Now... to tell me that you can accomplish all of this fun in two hours is CRAZY.

Different strokes for different folks I guess but easy on calling out people who enjoy the art of tailgating.

You, sir, know how to have fun!

Congratulations, welcome to the board and I wish you and your friends a safe, happy and triumphant season.

When you have season tickets and you develop a regular tailgating crew, some of whom you only see 4 months a year, every extra minute is worth it.

I usually can only go to one game per year, and don't have a tailgate crew. However, one of things i enjoy about tailgating is meeting, and talking to the other fans around you. Even the opposing fans can be cool (sometimes). So for me, the longer the tailgate, the better. Especially after the game. Why get into traffic when you can just fire up the grill again? :D

I am completely aware that I'm a rookie when it comes to this form but Ive been a season ticket holder for 6 years. In the past 8 years that Ive been going to games, my crew and I show up on average 6 hours early. We started in P11 (across from stadium) and the Kraft bought it 2 seasons ago. Thats when the limit on how early you could show up started effecting us (4 hours).

From there, we worked our way down Rt 1 towards 495 until we were finally settled on a place where we could show up as early as we wanted to.

For a 1PM game, we cook breakfast at 7:30 (eggs, bacon, steak, hash browns, etc) and go strait to apps (scallops wrapped in bacon, stuffies, steak tips, oysters, stuffed shimp, etc).

Every game, we try to do something different. Last year we did a clam bake, lobster day, pig roast, or something else fun. We bring generators, lights, hot dog machine, kareoke, heaters, tents and walls. It doesnt get better. We also burn a banner of the opposing team.

Now... to tell me that you can accomplish all of this fun in two hours is CRAZY.

Different strokes for different folks I guess but easy on calling out people who enjoy the art of tailgating.

I thought my crew and I had a good tailgate going, but I bow to you Hutch you have taken tailgating to the next level. I hope to find that lot one day and join in!

There's a lot more to tailgating than stuffing your maw, if you tailgate with friends. Some people like having as much time as possible to spend with their friends they only see while tailgating.

Read. Comprehend. Post. In that order.

I never stated or implied that you were specifying your preference should be policy. I stated your preferences have no bearing in a discussion of policy because some people are more social than others. Within reason the league should try to accomodate everyone, not just anti-social people.

Funny, you spend 2 hours tailgating before, three hours at the game, an hour to get to and from the lot to your seats, and two hours gating after the game, an hour getting in, and an hour and a half getting out. That comes out to be 11-12 hours (maybe 10 if you don't gate after). According to you, you are antisocial if you don't do 12-15 hours on gameday. If you have season tickets, you do that 8-12 times a year depending if you go to preseason and playoff games. Most guys will need an very understanding wife or a divorce attorney. Sorry, my group have troubles with their outside lives to do more than show up for the game and leave many times. If you are a season ticket holder, many people cannot afford to do long gates every game because of their outside lives especially if they have a spouse and kids. I have a friend in NH who when he does the full gate, leaves after he gives his kids breakfast in the morning and gets back after they are asleep on 1PM gamedays. Many times he has to forgo the gate all together and show up at gametime because he has a life outside of football.

Good to know no one should have an opinion on a message board. Your opinion has no bearing on intelligent thought. LOL! My opinion has no bearing on the discussion? But anyone who agrees with you does. Don't worry, the league accomodates everyone even arseholes, so you should be ok.

Last edited:
I usually can only go to one game per year, and don't have a tailgate crew. However, one of things i enjoy about tailgating is meeting, and talking to the other fans around you. Even the opposing fans can be cool (sometimes). So for me, the longer the tailgate, the better. Especially after the game. Why get into traffic when you can just fire up the grill again? :D

I think people like you are more likely to have longer gates. The guys who can't go to the game very often and when it does it is an experience. Most of the regulars I know unless they are serious die hards or bring their entire family usually just do a long gate because of outside commitments.

I get too nervous before games to enjoy tailgating very much. Maybe a couple of beers but any longer than a half hour and I start getting the shakes. I much prefer to wander around the stadium and watch the warmups.

And yes, of course that means that I think no one should be allowed to tailgate.

I thought my crew and I had a good tailgate going, but I bow to you Hutch you have taken tailgating to the next level. I hope to find that lot one day and join in!

Anyone who has karaoke at their tailgate is a pro's pro.

I get too nervous before games to enjoy tailgating very much. Maybe a couple of beers but any longer than a half hour and I start getting the shakes. I much prefer to wander around the stadium and watch the warmups.

And yes, of course that means that I think no one should be allowed to tailgate.

There should be a PatJew law where the league tailors the game experience for everyone to accomodate your needs. I wholeheartily support it. They should replace the family section of the stadium with a davening section (personally, I have been hoping that davening replaces the wave as the new hip stadium fad for years now). Hotdogs should be served on Challah. Manischewitz replace Sam Adams. They sell yamukas with Pats logos in the gift shop.

Of course Friday night's preseason game would be tough to play with no lights, running, or contact after sunset

Last edited:
There should be a PatJew law where the league tailors the game experience for everyone to accomodate your needs. I wholeheartily support it. They should replace the family section of the stadium with a davening section (personally, I have been hoping that davening replaces the wave as the new hip stadium fad for years now). Hotdogs should be served on Challah. Manischewitz replace Sam Adams. They sell yamukas with Pats logos in the gift shop.

Of course Friday night's preseason game would be tough to play with no lights, running, or contact after sunset

Finally, a voice of reason!

Hey that sounds great! Where abouts in relation to P11 are you talking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back