PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gameday Superstitions, and the Loss to Denver

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched the game with non-Pats fans friends since we were up in Tahoe.

On the Monday Night Miami Meltdown a bunch of them came out to the bar as well so they won't be allowed to come along anymore - unless its a game we can afford to lose at the end of the season.

Last edited:
Pat_Nasty said:
See, I watched the Buffalo game from a bar in NY, and to celebrate my M******* heritage, I started out drinking Sam Adams... after the horrible 1st half, I decided to switch to Brooklyn Lager. We all know how things turned out.

I then drank exclusively Brooklyn Brewery beers during the Jets game. The day of the Denver game, however, I was lazy, and let my girlfriend pickup the beer while she was at the market Sunday afternoon. She came home with a case of Sam -- I was horrified, but couldn't say anything because she thought she was being thoughtful.

So many things have changed in my watching of the Pats that I was beginning to have some doubt that my actions determined the outcome of the game at all. :eek:

But what you say about Brooklyn Lager is eerie, because the only time I drank it during a game was -- you guessed it! -- the Denver game. I now have four bottles sitting in the refrigerator. We need to get to the bottom of the occult power of Brooklyn beer. What is your theory? Is it of general applicability or is it keyed to persons and their location? :)

I typically wear one of my Patriots Jerseys on game day, just like everyone else. However, last year I was given a Blue Bruschi Jersey. I wore it and the team lost. Switched back to Brady and they won. I went to the Denver game and wore the Bruschi Jersey hoping that there would be a different outcome. Nope. They lost again. So, I have to officially retire my Bruschi Jersey and stick with Seymour and Brady.

OH YEAH. ANother BIG ONE. NO JAGER SHOTS allowed before the end of the game. Pats lost to Miami the last time that happened. However, Champagne after a win is ALWAYS good.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back