PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gameday experience, and some thoughts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Pa Patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
We are all trying to cope with this loss.. I know people are comparing it to Bledsoe, but Bledsoe was never lost for the season.. And there is no comparison of Brady Bledsoe.. Lets talk about something else

I want to know what people who attended the game are having as a experience.. I left Pa 4am, usually get there at 930 . Well goin south on 495, right before the Wretham exit on rt 1. Traffic was backed up and was stuck there for 1hr .. This never happened before, ususally have no prob.. I took the North Alltelboro exit, turned around in the target lot, and went up rt 1 with some ease ,until I hit the stadium.. I know the Krafts are trying to recoup some money for the stadium, but the patriot place has screwed alot of parking .. If your not there early your in trouble.. lots were closed, did not get in the stadium till 12, feel bad for people who plan on tailgating, by the time you park, set up and cook, you dont get to enjoy yourself..

Also some of the fans, alot of them are just people who get tix from thier workplace are very complacient.. No emotion, would rather get a beer every other down.. Its annoying.. Also before the game saw Gino Cappleti, he looked a little lost.. And most Pats fans there did not even see him walking the concourse, he was heading to the brodcast booth.. But he seemed out of it..

Anyway, games down at Gillette and in the nfl in general are not as fun as watching them on the plasma tv's at home .. They used to be since the stadium opened, but this whole new patriot place has put a crimp in gameday experience.. Then we all know what happened at the game, so today was not the greatest game I attended, but prob my last this yr.. Due to finances and convience..

Re: Gameday experience, and some thoughts..

On one hand it's great being in the atmosphere of everything and it's nice to actually have it be appropriate to yell and scream (unlike in my living room where everyone just thinks I'm taking it too seriously).

On the other hand there are a lot of people at Gilette who are there just for the beer and a good time (there was a 7 point game, Chiefs' ball with 4 minutes left and people were leaving...) and it's one of the most expensive tickets to buy in the NFL. My level (335) also wasn't into it too much, I don't think they even knew to yell FIRST DOWN.

On one hand it's great being in the atmosphere of everything and it's nice to actually have it be appropriate to yell and scream (unlike in my living room where everyone just thinks I'm taking it too seriously).

On the other hand there are a lot of people at Gilette who are there just for the beer and a good time (there was a 7 point game, Chiefs' ball with 4 minutes left and people were leaving...) and it's one of the most expensive tickets to buy in the NFL. My level (335) also wasn't into it too much, I don't think they even knew to yell FIRST DOWN.

The fan emotion as the team get passes today, but there were more people in the concurse than usual.. Like you said great to be there, but its a shame people waste the amt of money on a ticket to spend 8 bucks a beer

I'm in 335 too. Row 3. Apparently you didn't hear my wife screaming like a lunatic throughout the whole game. I had to remind her to stop swearing because there was a kid behind us. And everyone in the section noticed when the announcer didn't do the "Good for another Patriots.....FIRST DOWN" which happened twice today.

I think its a great section and pretty loud. The thing about the Razor is that unlike most stadiums, it has that huge open end (by the lighthouse). Sound just doesn't travel well there.

We got there around 10 am. We were in the lot near Staples. Cooked up some scrambled eggs with mozzarella cheese and heated up the bacon, sausage and homefries we had made ahead of time. 11:45 am we headed up just in case there was any kind of stuff going on pre-kickoff. My GF's dad was laughing his ass off because I was walking ahead of them and kept turning and telling them to hurry up. Then I'd start skipping through the lot, hell been a long time since I felt this good. My GF was laughing going up the ramps because I was thrilled that I was passing people on the way up. And what a feeling when I didn't have to use the railing to pull myself up to 304. I overdid it thouogh because my legs were a little wobbly walking down. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back