PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fanfrom1960 said:
I liked the pump fake, or actually Tom looked like he changed his mind mid-throw. Montana-like there. Or, Brady-like.
Montana who? ;)

Missed Goal Attempts

Evening all!

English Pats fan of 20 years here with virgin post. No doubt this has already been answered already, but I don't really fancy wading through 8 pages of posts (after 1 quarter, too! Quite some interest on this forum....)

Don't have cable so can't see this game live, am reduced to watching it on the nfl.com's (excellent) vidiprinter-thingy-whatsit. Although I can't see it - it seems the Pats defence is dominant and the Jags just can't move the ball.

What I wanted answering from someone who can see pictures....is why did the Pats turn down two opportunites for field goals in range? The first was a novel idea to me, the reasons for which I understand. But why was Brady in the shotgun at 4-10 late in the first quarter? Is Vinatieri not his fittest?

Yeah Baby Eugene!!!!!

#54 said:
Forum newbie signing in all the way from Copenhagen, Denmark, where it's 3am, freezing and the world is asleep ... except for a select few watching the ballgame.

Everybody having a good evening? :)
I ran the snowblower today - a good warm up for the game - Welcome!

Fumble - Denmark your lucky stick around!

what a hit by geno

Great hit, he'll get fined for it though

Welcome #54 and Big Crompy.

Big Crompy said:
Evening all!

English Pats fan of 20 years here with virgin post. No doubt this has already been answered already, but I don't really fancy wading through 8 pages of posts (after 1 quarter, too! Quite some interest on this forum....)

Don't have cable so can't see this game live, am reduced to watching it on the nfl.com's (excellent) vidiprinter-thingy-whatsit. Although I can't see it - it seems the Pats defence is dominant and the Jags just can't move the ball.

What I wanted answering from someone who can see pictures....is why did the Pats turn down two opportunites for field goals in range? The first was a novel idea to me, the reasons for which I understand. But why was Brady in the shotgun at 4-10 late in the first quarter? Is Vinatieri not his fittest?

it is below 20 degrees and both would have been +40 yarders. that ball is frozen. BB is playing the feild position game.

Last edited:
Big Crompy said:
Evening all!

BB is counting on the defense to stop the Jags offense, so he is focusing on field position to give our O a shorter field to work in.

Also, that ball is like a rock when it gets this cold, so he's saving Vinatieri's foot for the next game!

Big Crompy said:
Evening all!

It was reported that Adam V said that while the Pats were facing that particular goal post he felt that he would be "limited" in the longer kicks due to the wind and cold...so it was a little long for a night like this, plus it seems that BB is playing a filed position game tonight

The hit

I think it was a hell of a hit but it looked legal to me....

letekro said:
Great hit, he'll get fined for it though

I thought it looked good

he didnt even hit him square on. that would have been sick if he did. it was legal.

Givens was grabbing his hip after diving for that...

anybody else just so thankful for miller?

Ta

Thanks a lot, ladies and gents. I guess it's the same ball for all so scoring is limited to TDs only. It's a wonder AV didn't fracture his tibia booting the PAT then. Clearly this is one thing I could only tell from live pictures.

Kinda gets me thinking that short punts, perhaps even to the sidelines, is a very legitimate tactic in certain situations, especially when the oppo's running game is...well, a wee bit static.

I'm predicting a comfortable 21-7.

i miss ken walter actually

still no tedy

Samuel looks slightly confused today. Is he being overpowered at the sideline?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back