PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since they will be compared by some Pats fans for the rest of their careers, I think it is safe to say McCourty won the "who was the better draft pick?" battle with Dez Bryant in the first game of their careers. Just for those keeping score.

Last edited:
My only prediction: Rex Ryan will be thinking about the Pats tonight, not the Ravens--:D

He already is; he's even talking about them:

And now, despite the fact that the Jets still haven't played their Week 1 game, coach Rex Ryan isn't tiptoeing around what's ahead. Remember all that talk about not being scared of the Patriots last year? Same deal this time around, even with his Jets putting a bull's eye bigger than Rex's belly on themselves.

"Doesn't matter, because we're putting a target on your team," Ryan told Michelle Tafoya as part of ESPN's Sunday Conversation. "And the target you put on our back isn't anywhere close to the one we're putting on you, and that's it. We're here on a mission to win a Super Bowl, and we're not here to make friends.

"Bill Belichick is a way better coach than I am. There's no question. But I'm not afraid of him, or anybody else. I know I'm a great coach. But more importantly, I know the people in my organization, our organization, are as good as there is. I'm set up to succeed because of the people around me."
Week 2 talk is already starting - Extra Points - Boston.com

By the way, does Breer remind anyone else of the kid from "Boys Form Brazil?"
Breer and Gasper analyze Game 1 - Extra Points - Boston.com
http://blogs.amctv.com/movie-blog/boysfrombrazil-125.jpg

No? Well, OK, maybe it's just me.

Question: how good are the Bengal's D when compared to the Jets D?

I expect the Jets D to be as aggressive as they were last year and wonder if Brady can get this much protection against the Jets. Granted, we have more tape on the Jets D and so will be better prepared but still...

Thanks,

Question: how good are the Bengal's D when compared to the Jets D?

I expect the Jets D to be as aggressive as they were last year and wonder if Brady can get this much protection against the Jets. Granted, we have more tape on the Jets D and so will be better prepared but still...

Thanks,

Obviously the Jets D is a lot better but I really love the fact that we have all these weapons....They are so confident in Revis vs. Moss 1 on 1 and Cromartie will probably try to cover Welker is my guess unless they stick the rookie kyle wilson on him....That will leave our TE's and Edelman/Tate to make some big plays....If they blitz a lot and have man coverage on the outsides and we hit a pass it has a chance to be a TD everytime if they want to get really aggressive....

Since they will be compared by some Pats fans for the rest of their careers, I think it is safe to say McCourty won the "who was the better draft pick?" battle with Dez Bryant in the first game of their careers. Just for those keeping score.

Just in what I've seen in 1 month, McCourty has the tools to be one of the best Pats corners ever. He carries himself and reminds me of Mike Haynes, the best corner in Pats history and one of the top 5 of all time.

So far he's shown great speed, obvious cover skills, hits a ton, and by all accounts a great leader. What a home run that choice looks like.

Like it or not, the second half was classic Bill Belichick bend but don't break defense. You may well score, but it's going to take you 7-8 minutes and you're going to have to be patient and execute almost flawlessly to do so.

And oh - by the way - you can't possibly win the game because you can't score enough points in the time remaining to catch us.

Obviously the Jets D is a lot better but I really love the fact that we have all these weapons....They are so confident in Revis vs. Moss 1 on 1 and Cromartie will probably try to cover Welker is my guess unless they stick the rookie kyle wilson on him....That will leave our TE's and Edelman/Tate to make some big plays....If they blitz a lot and have man coverage on the outsides and we hit a pass it has a chance to be a TD everytime if they want to get really aggressive....

I'm not conceding anything to Revis. Moss is fired up right now for all kinds of reasons, and I expect him to be at least as productive next weekend as he was yesterday. His route running yesterday looked much sharper to me, and that RAC yesterday was unusual compared to past years. He's doing more than just streaking downfield.

I'm not conceding anything to Revis. Moss is fired up right now for all kinds of reasons, and I expect him to be at least as productive next weekend as he was yesterday. His route running yesterday looked much sharper to me, and that RAC yesterday was unusual compared to past years. He's doing more than just streaking downfield.

Moss is healthier this year right now than last year. While I see excellent opportunity for success vs Revis I hope Brady doesn't try to prove a point with his good friend and force the ball into situations that are too risky. Keep overthrowing, Tom, if you must.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes