PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Thoughts: They stunk like fish today

Status
Not open for further replies.
move cannon to tackle. play vollmer at guard, i don't know.

can't wait to hear from borges tomorrow!!:D

they wanted a bigger receiver, that's why they chose laFAIL.
sanders is 2x the player.

Why is everyone saying the D is over hyped? Week 1 in MIA...

Exactly like I said in an earlier post welcome to average.
You can't keep drafting and signing average players and expect anything else except average results.
What are you saving the money for?? Tavon Wilson?

Why is everyone saying the D is over hyped? Week 1 in MIA...
Probably because they gave up 30+ points to a middle of the road team and played with little or no enthusiasm or urgency in the second half.

I want you guys to watch the rest of the games today. And tell me who's o line and d line is worse than the Pat's.
You are totally delusional if you think the Pat's can compete with Seattle or even Miami's.
You win games/championships in the trenches always have always will.
Just out of curiosity, how is your status "rookie" when you have over 3,000 posts and have been here since 07? WTF?

Just out of curiosity, how is your status "rookie" when you have over 3,000 posts and have been here since 07? WTF?

One of the mysteries of the world..
However what you quoted me on isn't.Its a fact since the game was invented.

Look at the bright side. They get great value with their trades and draft picks.

The nice thing about all those knee jerk reactions after a first week loss is that you know exactly which people should end up on your ignore list.

One game is not a trend, lets wait until week 3 or week 4 before starting to jump off the cliff people.

The nice thing about all those knee jerk reactions after a first week loss is that you know exactly which people should end up on your ignore list.

One game is not a trend, lets wait until week 3 or week 4 before starting to jump off the cliff people.

Amen brother.

I shudder to think what Adrian Peterson will do to this run D.

I shudder to think what Adrian Peterson will do to this run D.

You run a 4-3 with Wilfork and Siliga or a 5-2, and you make Matt Cassel beat you.

You run a 4-3 with Wilfork and Siliga or a 5-2, and you make Matt Cassel beat you.
It doesn't really matter what alignment you run, just don't try to anchor your interior with guys like Jones and Vellano.

Exactly. I am not that concerned with the Vikings O. We play mainly against the run and then try to put Cassel into exactly those situations we know he can't handle that well. It will come down to how well the OL responds to the yesterdays garbage fire. Zimmer can come up with interesting stuff..

2 gap Wilfork over the OC and everyone else 1 gaps with a 5-2 front.

Line up in something like the following techs:

6-3-0-3-6

Miami started from the 15 and scored a TD. How is that not a clean loss for the red zone defense?

It is a loss for a red zone defense, but I give them a pass on that one because it was the Dolphins' first drive of the season. The first drive of the game is always a bit of a feeling out process. Tough to have a feeling out process when the opposing offense is 13 yards.

Besides, whenever the offense or special teams backs up the defense on their own 13 to start a drive, it is never a clean loss for the red zone defense for the red zone defense.

We chose LaFell over Sanders. We signed Sanders to an offer sheet that would have cost us a #3 eighteen months ago then when he was a UFA six months ago we ignored him. Why ? Your guess is as good as mine.

Maybe Sanders wanted to go to Denver.

BTW, after a fast start last night in Denver, the Sanders disappeared in the second half of the game. His fast start might have been because the Colts came into the game with a soft, near prevent defense. Once the Colts got more aggressive, he was taken out of the game. If teams get aggressive with the Broncos going further, Sanders could end up be non-effective.

Don't forget Miamis top 3 linebackers were off the field.

And you lose by 13 points when you win the turnover battle 3-1???
I'm a huge Pats fan like the rest of you. But open your eyes. This team has some serious issues. They are a .500 team right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes